FIFA 10

We have a Polish person here in work - I'll see if SHE fancies some translation work....

So, I'm back from my translation session:

Overall they say they are really impressed with the game and it's better than they expected it to be.

They talked a lot about the goal keepers positioning, how he gets back for the follow up shot (that is actually blocked by a defender) having saved the 1 on 1. And they really liked the keepers punch out from the cross (as I'm sure we all did).

They made reference to the good positioning and blocking by the defence during the couple of Bayern corners too.

They also talk about the movement off the ball of the attacking players and how there are options for the player on the ball. Most of what I had translated (to me) was pretty obvious from the circling of the players.

They complemented the graphics, using the close up of Ribery as an example of how easily recognisable the players are.

That's about it really, SHE doesn't know football speak so that's the best we could do produce between us.

Last edited:
Nice one.... :-)

At 1:35 the fullback overlaps and if you look carefully the animation everytime hes has to touch the ball its really good not perfect but, it looks like he's actually having to control it and it also slows him down. Really like that part... Cross looks good to...

You still can see that the AI is really bad on counter attacks. Several times when they could be 2 on 1 but they are being dragged back (or wide) to positions and not adjusting for the situation.

It's like when you play BAP on 09 as a winger and being told while on a counter attack that you should run down to the corner flag or get negative marks. Sure when the team pass the ball around for a longer time this would be a good position, but not on a 2 on 1 counter attack!

Otherwise it looks pretty good.

Thanks guys.

I just added an extra point I forgot about earlier (plus a little help to Chris on the gender of my colleague :-D )

Lol Nick - good one mate!

sorry guys again, i know I havent played the demo, but that recent video doenst too many new things... the players they circled do those runs in 09.. the guy open at the back post, again thats 09. I did notice the 360 dribbling, that looks nice. Graphically it looks exactly the same.. the players still look like bulky zombies

They curved their runs in some attacks and one fell back to open up for a cut back, that is new for FIFA 10.

Oh, shush you moaners. You all seem to have forgotten what Tim, CD, mj and WILDSTER said only a week and half ago.

I second that Stu - everyone who has played the game is raving about it.

Most of us are here because we were once Pro Evo (or ISS) players and that was the same - you'd get the new release and for the first hour you'd be thinking "what's so different" then the longer you played it the more subtle improvements would be seen.

To me, the fact the latest video has so many plus points is a bonus on top of what the people who have actually played it have to say.

I second that Stu - everyone who has played the game is raving about it.

Most of us are here because we were once Pro Evo (or ISS) players and that was the same - you'd get the new release and for the first hour you'd be thinking "what's so different" then the longer you played it the more subtle improvements would be seen.

To me, the fact the latest video has so many plus points is a bonus on top of what the people who have actually played it have to say.

Aye, PES5 was shit to me when I first got it. Then I scored 'this' goal;

YouTube - Solano's Goal (Fulham)

was hooked ever since.

Another....

This looks quite clear on you tube so enlarge it... he gets the skills out a little bit... long range shot... slower build up... better all round vid

YouTube - FIFA10 part1 [Par StarCo - Wearepes]

Worrying GK scamble back.... could've picked it up around 2:00 mark..

Ref diving out of the way at 3:00.. funny

Last edited:
I've used Shopto.com a lot and never had a moments trouble, I know there was the whole card cloning thing but I've never had any problem and always got stuff a day or so early...

Shopto are fine ignore Tim he prob forgot he maxed out his card subscribing to Gay Prowler on Sky. :P

I've just pre-ordered with Shop-to - my god, their website is shonky - I hope it's not reflective of the service I'll get!

Fuckers just cancelled my Arkham Asylum collectors edition pre-order two days before release because they just found out Royal Mail postage wouldn't insure the cost of the package, they didn't know that before? Never sent any packages outside the UK? Fuckers.

guys, there are some people on the brazilian forums sayin that the demo is/was out at the RUSSIAN PSN... onlt 1000 people got a redeeem code for that...did u guys heard anything about that?
seems legit..im waiting for sreenshots to prove it.

I just hope FIFA 10s a lot less automated and requires more timing. Last week I realised I completely zoned out while playing FIFA 09 online, pratically playing the game on instinct without really thinking. Tackling and Defending needs to be more than holding a button, theres no way near enough defensive errors through mis-timing, which is one of the main reasons why teams conceed.

That new video is nice though

Another....

This looks quite clear on you tube so enlarge it... he gets the skills out a little bit... long range shot... slower build up... better all round vid

YouTube - FIFA10 part1 [Par StarCo - Wearepes]

Worrying GK scamble back.... could've picked it up around 2:00 mark..

Ref diving out of the way at 3:00.. funny

It looks real nice. The GK should have picked it up. I love the way the defender missed timed the jump. That happens from simple long balls.

I just hope FIFA 10s a lot less automated and requires more timing. Last week I realised I completely zoned out while playing FIFA 09 online, pratically playing the game on instinct without really thinking. Tackling and Defending needs to be more than holding a button, theres no way near enough defensive errors through mis-timing, which is one of the main reasons why teams conceed.

That new video is nice though
You know there manual controls right?

The video in Polish is fantastic. That they've found that many differences in a showfloor demo is very promising. With all the positivity from people that have actually played the game i'm confident i'll enjoy it. That backstick goal from ribery... you can try it all day in fifa09 and ribery won't make that run.as won't the punch form the keeper or the way you can turn the leftback and cross it.

Yeh, the AI made runs in the old game (09), but most of the time the timing it was awful.

I doubt everyone will be fully satisfied, even with the final game. I'm pretty sure i will. This looks like EA's PES5. The gameplay looks solid, fun and flowing with people moaning about crosses :lol. sometimes the more things change, the more they stay the same eh?

Anyways, i'm sure Fifa11 with be mostly about player individuality and even more improvements to manager mode.

Back
Top Bottom