FIFA 10

Chris I've just pm'd you too to tell you that Jumbo has pm'd you to tell you that Wildster has posted in here that he has pm'd you to say thanks.

I've just Pm'd TikTik to ask if his PM to Chris is a real PM, but I have been Pm'd by wildster, to Pm Tim7 to thank him for his support when he PM'd CW about the PM situation since the WENB PM.

CHRIS FOR PM

Wildster.............This is your home now:LOVE:

Can't wait to beat Liverpool on a rainy night at anfield in the updated manager mode. :drool

That's quite poor really. There's still loads of real stadia missing from the last gen. They need some real stadia from other countries like Portugal, Holland and Turkey.

I also noticed you can't do any combination of time of day or weather at every stadium, they still have some where you can only do day matches or can't have rain during the day, etc.

Oh piss, gutted about Ivy Lane, I just managed to get Tranmere's stadium changed to that as well. Marvellous.

No mention of a night setting. So if you use Ivy Lane as your home ground (as many of the English teams do) then you're stuck with day games at home.

yeh, that's what i expect...

I don't mind too much. Just means there's no monday night games at the fake version of White Heart Lane. :(

Guess we have to finish in the top 4 to get EA's attention. :RANT: Maybe then they'll do modric and palacios' faces :(

Everyone should go to WENB and see the sensitive bastards in action. Wow. Now they ban me for stating how uncredible PSM3 is. Bullshit.

Last edited:
Their mods suck. They called my posts immature for some stupid reason.If you read my posts they would see. But for some reason if you are not a fanboy you always accused of wanting to start an argument. This is why FSB should not be associated with those clowns.

anton, i saw your posts and i was about to warn you not to post your feelings with such... "passion". :lol

Seriously, they're VERY sensitive over there. They have reason to be too. It's like groundhog day there for them. The "builds", the "PSM Magazine says...", the "look at the player faces!". Not looking too good for those who hyped it as the next coming of christ.

For level-headed people like myself i'm pretty happy with Riot's comments and can also acknowledge that PSM3's comments are laced HEAVILY with fanboyism. That you're not allowed to point that out over the other forum, is crap.

Just stick to FSB and here..

Edit: World Soccer Daily is back? I KNEW THEY COULDN'T RESIST A DELICIOUS NEW SEASON!!YAY!!

I've been hearing that by October WSD will be back as WFD. As early as Sept.15 I here if all goes well. The show is supposedly going to be a subscription based show with no sponsors at first with few breaks. You all should head to their forums on their site to catch up on things. I wish Geber would return. He would put Adam to shame. LOL.

I've been hearing that by October WSD will be back as WFD. As early as Sept.15 I here if all goes well. The show is supposedly going to be a subscription based show with no sponsors at first with few breaks. You all should head to their forums on their site to catch up on things. I wish Geber would return. He would put Adam to shame. LOL.

You're right, the site now says WFD. As long as it's still available via podcast I'm happy.

Sorry!:OT:

anton, i saw your posts and i was about to warn you not to post your feelings with such... "passion". :lol

Seriously, they're VERY sensitive over there. They have reason to be too. It's like groundhog day there for them. The "builds", the "PSM Magazine says...", the "look at the player faces!". Not looking too good for those who hyped it as the next coming of christ.

For level-headed people like myself i'm pretty happy with Riot's comments and can also acknowledge that PSM3's comments are laced HEAVILY with fanboyism. That you're not allowed to point that out over the other forum, is crap.

Just stick to FSB and here..

Edit: World Soccer Daily is back? I KNEW THEY COULDN'T RESIST A DELICIOUS NEW SEASON!!YAY!!
Seriously I just don't understand why people over there are so defensive. They act like PES puts food on the table for them. If FIFA 10 were shit like FIFA 07 I would have no problem turning to PES 2010 if it was good. PES 6 was pretty bad too though. Just better than FIFA 07. One thing I found weird about the RIOT podcast was when he spoke about it being fun to play with Adriano. Are you kidding me? That's as bad if not worse than FIFA 09! At least in FIFA you have a chance because there are many other speedsters. Also another gripe a have with PES is those stupid backheels any one can do at any time.

This is part of the message I received on Facebook:

Tomorrow: 1:00 Eastern, 10:00 Pacific goto the ustream.com site and search for world football daily, the show will also be podcasted tomorrow as well.

Tomorrow will be a breif 15-20 minute show to explain what is going on, and full shows starting again on Monday!

This is an epic post, grab a cup of tea.

I just popped over the other place anton, and ended up having to type ridiculous long posts to unchecked lies about FIFA. No point mate. I'm just sticking here or FSB.

To be honest, I know how PES fans feel. I remember when Pro Evolution Soccer was first introduced on the Playstation2 at the end of the PSOne era. I refused to believe it was a good game. I was a strict Nintendo and ISS fanboy. How could this spin-off be better than "Jikkyou World Soccer"?

Being weened on ISS Deluxe all the way through to ISS 2000 on the N64 (complete with dating sim and friendship responsibilities), I was dismayed to find all my mates migrating towards this "PES" series. It looked foreign to me. I remember wondering why the players were so small and why the ball ran so loosely off my feet!! (It was practically glued to your feet in ISS :lol).

I held steadfast to my opinion that ISS was the better series even while everyone had moved onto the PS2 and were playing Pro Evolution Soccer 2. They had stopped making ISS in the west by that point (2002) so i was still playing my copy of ISS2000. Let me tell you, you may laugh but that RPG mode was DEEP and really addictive. You couldn't ever make the perfect player (Hopefully the new Virtual Pro is like this...).

It was getting to 2003/4 when PES was being talked about as the best footy series on ANYTHING. I had to try it again. I tried my friend's copy. I went into it with negativity (wondering what all the fuss was about). Low and behold i wasn't impressed. At all (for various reasons).

I eventually bought my own PS2 and got it with Madden and Pro Evo 3. I just needed a footy game for uni. Wow. It really hit me. It was the likenesses and everything that were so detailed, and the on pitch action was fun and true to life (i've played footy my whole life). It just clicked with me. So that was me on the Konami gravy train. I'd tell anyone and everyone it was the best game ever.

Pierluigi Colina was on the cover of that one and the next one with Henry and Terry. PES4. I spent AGES in edit mode trying to create a stupid nike tick :lol:. PES5 came along and had arrived with tweaked AI to make it a lot harder to score and the new challenge came from being able to hold the ball and pass well. It made some great gamers of PES players. You had to be creative to get a goal. (coincidentally this is about the time i started reading EvoWeb, back when the front page was where i visited first LOL))

Edit: Forgot to mention i actually imported the only Gamecube version of Pro EVo to ever be made. I still have it :lol

(You're wondering what this has to with with Fifa, i know, but stick with me) :PIG:

Each game improved slightly with the AI and features (because of the lack of licenses it was mostly added ways to edit). By the time they had reached Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (Adriano and Terry on the cover) the game had been perfected. There were effective tricks to get by the difficult defense now. And the Player likenesses had been greatly improved down to the freekick stances and running animations.

Then came the change of consoles again. And here's my point (finally). It's like history repeating all over again. I'm reading online about how EA have this bran new engine for FIFA with procedural animations and all sorts of whiz-bangery. I was very excited but skeptical at the same time. Still, come launch day I blindly buy an xbox360 (PS3 didn't get a release until later) and a copy of Pro Evo 6 and Fifa07. I slotted in PESnext gen first and marvel at my first glimpse of an HD PES but then I pop in FIFA07 and ... my jaw hit the floor at the fidelity. The gameplay wasn't all that but you could see what they were trying to do with it.

A year later, and we have PES2008 and Fifa08 and again PES come out and it... well felt all too familiar in the face of FIFA's fresh new approach. By the time Fifa09 hit, I found myself eagerly awaiting the release and it honestly didn't disappoint. I never though I'd be able to go online and play as a team with my mates against another team from my couch in a fuss-free smooth experience. Amazing.

With every iteration from EA we've gotten a dramatic improvement interms of the gameplay. With The Producer claiming that 70% of the titles resources have gone into improving the gameplay, you can expect great things to happen while playing. EA Canada's

The point is, IMO, FIFA is in the same position as Konami were in 2006 with Pro evolution Soccer 4. Infact, i'd say they are roughly situated between 3 and 4 .

PES : Fifa07 = Rough, response issues, basic fun.
PES2 : Euro2008 = Faster responsiveness, better defending.
PES3/4 : Fifa09 = improved physics, improved passing, improved AI.
PES3/4 : Fifa10 = improved long ball, better advantage rule (or in PES3's case a new one), tighter dribbling, more cup competitions (online/offline), freekicks allow lay-off's in PES4 (freekick creator in FIFA10), Both have new player development features (Master League player development and Virtual Pro player development), improved gameplay.
You can check my source for all this here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_(series)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_(series)

One interesting thing is that PES4 was criticised for easy goalscoring... hope that isn't the same for Fifa10...

Anyways, you get my point. There's an interesting parallel to both series. If the next FIFA(10) is anything close to the playability we got from PRo evo 3/4, then we're in for a treat. I'm pretty sure the real deal will come with Fifa11 when player individuality is emphasised (as well as Manager mode).

That was long, congrats if you read it all. :ZZZ: :YAWN: ;)

Last edited:
This is part of the message I received on Facebook:

Tomorrow: 1:00 Eastern, 10:00 Pacific goto the ustream.com site and search for world football daily, the show will also be podcasted tomorrow as well.

Tomorrow will be a breif 15-20 minute show to explain what is going on, and full shows starting again on Monday!

I hope its true Mate

Back
Top Bottom