FIFA 10

A little known fact;

For the release of FIFA07 the player skins were modeled on the MJ's skin texture. They all all big fans in Vancouver.

@ Nick,

The 1-2 difference is now that instead of just sprinting up field the player will look for space to run in and adjust his run accordingly. Thats really good imo, as a lot of the time they will now just run into a crowded area. Instead they will cut inside or go to the outside.

I like the first video from Gary, nice to see the 360 movement in action. Can't wait for the demo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have noticed on those videos that a lot of the boot assigning is way off the mark.

Arteta and Schweinsteiger both wearing black boots. :TTTH:

that really annoys me,why cant ea hire a few people to add the correct boots to the correct players, it would really add to the realism of the game. its the little details that make a big difference

that really annoys me,why cant ea hire a few people to add the correct boots to the correct players, it would really add to the realism of the game. its the little details that make a big difference

They do they hire Data editors I know because I was one last year.

Burnley, Bury, Barnsley and Notts forest all had correct boots in Fifa 09.

It's all down to how much care is taken by the data editor unfortunately.

@ Nick,

The 1-2 difference is now that instead of just sprinting up field the player will look for space to run in and adjust his run accordingly. Thats really good imo, as a lot of the time they will now just run into a crowded area. Instead they will cut inside or go to the outside.

That will be good, anything that improves the AI of the game is a good thing, seems we are not expecting anything major though for FIFA as we seem to be for the other title, which if it's to be believed will be a whole new game from the version at Gamescom... :SHOCK:

Fuck Virtual Pro and fuck online. :RANT:

You can use your VP in MM though, that's what I'm going to do, create a VP of one of our real life academy players, only downside is that apparently he will start off as a 70 overall or something so that puts him as better than the rest of the squad, but I'll use him as if he's not as good, sub and cup appearances only for the first couple of seasons :)

You can use your VP in MM though, that's what I'm going to do, create a VP of one of our real life academy players, only downside is that apparently he will start off as a 70 overall or something so that puts him as better than the rest of the squad, but I'll use him as if he's not as good, sub and cup appearances only for the first couple of seasons :)

How does that work, you can create players to use in MM...

Yes. By the sounds of it if you use your VP in MM you still get the whole VP experience, specific match commentary about him, things to unlock, achievements to gain etc. etc.

I have noticed on those videos that a lot of the boot assigning is way off the mark.

hahah Assigning boots to players is something you could easily do.Surely not something so annoying

Everything seems to be going at a million miles an hour in the gameplay vids. Can we slow the game speed or mass adjust player speed?

Everything seems to be going at a million miles an hour in the gameplay vids. Can we slow the game speed or mass adjust player speed?

Changing game speed will be in again, i just think maybe EA should punish people a little more for holding run.

In full flight with space in front of them fair enough players can really run fast.. but not many run with it through a packed midfield though...

I really think either defender/midfielder awareness or (the running)players control should be made to put people off doing this. If they lost posession everytime they just tried to run it, they'd stop doing it.

Then the game would become more tactical.

dunno about Schweinsteiger, but about arteta im sure its down to license issues...
when i first got into the data colection team i asked the producers why we couldnt assign real boots for the other players and he told that only players with individual contracts(boot contracts) with EA could have that, also he told me that the manufacture(adidas, nike, etc) would say specifically which boot they wanted for each player... thats why arteta still on those black adipures(while he only wears the white ones)
so, blame adidas not the editors.

Last edited:
been watching all the new vids on FSB and have to say i really cant wait.

I feel exactly the opposite. I was dissappointed by the videos. The ball physics seemed glass on marble, the long passes floaty and the speed was weird even the much lauded animations seemed scripted and laborous. I saw one instance where someone tried to control the ball with the chest and the ball sort of rolled from his face to his feet as if it was stuck to his body. But you really can't judge football games from videos.

I tested 09 for a few days but it just didn't hit the mark. There were too many things that annoyed me. But FIFA10 is pre ordered and I am going to play it for the entire time that I wait for PES 2010. If I don't enjoy it then I am going to hunt Chris down.

Back
Top Bottom