FIFA 10

Notts Forest v DC United - Notts Forest weren't in any of the builds we've played so God knows where this has come from...

EDIT: There's an advert for FIFA 10 being filmed in London, it was recorded there.

YouTube - Fifa 10 NEW VIDEO

Is EVERYONE playing this game on Amateur or is the CPU AI as dumb as a cows ass. They never shoot or pass when they have the opportunity in the box!

Considering you said that in your playtest at the Emirates, Rooney had multiple chances to shoot when he was 1-on-1 with the GK but just ran straight at him, I'm getting very very concerned here...

Notts Forest v DC United - Notts Forest weren't in any of the builds we've played so God knows where this has come from...

EDIT: There's an advert for FIFA 10 being filmed in London, it was recorded there.

YouTube - Fifa 10 NEW VIDEO

The passing around 1:21 - 1:25 looks hideously arcadey/pingpongy. All passes again reach their man with little or no deviation. That last pass to the attacker around 1:25 should atleast have been a mater or two off, the player strikes it in such an angle and on a rolling, bouncing ball. It's unconvincing (assisted or manual doesn't matter, there needs to be some error on a pss like that, not pixel perfect like it is shown), and something (I know I blabber) you could never do in PES5.

Speaking of MM, can someone ask Marcel if they have enabled players on their last contract to be sold or "fired"? Chris, Placebo?

Playing as Milan atm Ive got about 4 players who are retiring at the end of their contract of which one is Heinze who still has 3 years remaining! Meaning I'm paying his high wages for another 3 years whilst he does a Bogarde. Really I should be able to put him up for transfer (which isn't allowed with the "retire at end of contract" they have now) or even terminate his contract with a penalty of 75% of his remaining wages. Or something like that. Pain in the arse atm, especially when you lose about 15k per away match.

This might have been mentioned in here already but I had missed it. Did you guys know that in Clubs Pro, every other player in the team that isn't a Virtual Pro will be a generic player with around 70 in overall stats?

I think this could be awesome, because this will reward clubs that play many people at the same time. And that is what clubs should be about to me.

I always thought you'd have the names of real players from your base team, but this is perfect. No need to ever play against ronaldo every match even if everyone use Real Madrid as their base team. Yaaay!

Also I like how their gameface is. They seem to have maybe less details as in less polygons, BUT they use the image more heavily so you get to see the real facial details of the photo. Kind of like how PES 2010 is.

This might have been mentioned in here already but I had missed it. Did you guys know that in Clubs Pro, every other player in the team that isn't a Virtual Pro will be a generic player with around 70 in overall stats?

I think this could be awesome, because this will reward clubs that play many people at the same time. And that is what clubs should be about to me.

I always thought you'd have the names of real players from your base team, but this is perfect. No need to ever play against ronaldo every match even if everyone use Real Madrid as their base team. Yaaay!

Also I like how their gameface is. They seem to have maybe less details as in less polygons, BUT they use the image more heavily so you get to see the real facial details of the photo. Kind of like how PES 2010 is.

i didn't know that,where did you see that?

Three more vids from the Nottingham Forest guy (I thought Notts Forest was a perfectly acceptable shortening of the name?!):

dog.jpg

Ohhh no no no... we don't associate ourselves in any way with Notts County.

The Juve VS Bayern Vandal video has by far impressed me the most.

Great advantage play seen lots of times.

Player collisions are looking great.

Speed of play is a tad too fast but I am sure there is a speed option.

Referee got into the action as well,intercepting a pass at 03:23...Letting play go on at 03:28 and then instantly book Diego for that tackle at 03:36...all in one frame.Great.

Great little animations spotted too on turns,change of pace and receiving/making passes.

yeah, first vid iv'e seen someone attempt to shoot from distance

seems as though everyone who has played fifa 10 on the vids is trying to play it exactly like fifa 09...sad but true!

A good post from the EA forums here regarding the new things you can see in some of the videos (admittedly though there's still a lot you can't see because people are playing the game like FIFA 09):

Hi Guys

I have found a gameplay video that shows some of the improvements in game play and I wanted to illustrate them.

It this video Chelsea v Juve and the AI uses some skills (basic) and the guy playing as chelsea is probably about average but it does allow the AI do do a few of the improvements.

YouTube - FIFA 10 Gameplay Gamescon 2009

* First. At 27 seconds the AI uses a skill move its only a feign but.....
* At 33 seconds you see a real physical battle notice how the ball is independant of both players. This is beyond the old jostle and looks really quite good IMO.
* At 57 seconds the clearance is much more appropriate and is done with much more conviction.
* 1 min 23 you see how a miss timed tackle combined with the person with the ball has momentum and the tackler left for dead.
* 1 min 30 another physical battle this time you see subtle changes to there run showing 360 movement.
* 2 min 5 you see what appears to be a very short skill dribble by the AI to get past cole and cross it.
* 2 min 10 you see the AI do kicks ups........ when the foul is given.
* 3 mins 4 the AI does a skill dribble and rides the sliding challenge by bosingwa

--------------------------------------

These are just some of the things I spotted and right now with the lack of quality gameplay footage its hard to find any thing showing some of the improvements. Its all very subtle in terms of watching but when playing its much more apparent.

EDIT: Believe this is a new video as well.

YouTube - Fifa 10 Man Utd v Inter Milan

Last edited:
What I don't like about the chips is that they are far too high and slow. Anyone remember Owen's chip/dink against Celtic years ago? I think they should be like that with speed and momentum kept, now they just standstill and chip it over the goalie. Or they change the shooting animation to more of a finesse movement making it more of a lob. Actually they could do both, jogging speed makes it a lob shot, sprinting makes it a dink over the unrushing goalie.

goal at 20sec:
YouTube - Celtic 2-2 Liverpool (Sept 17/97)

PES5 had it right, if you tapped R1 after shoot the striker would do a little dink over the charging keeper. L1 would be a lob that'd only be useful from outside the area.

PES5 had it right, if you tapped R1 after shoot the striker would do a little dink over the charging keeper. L1 would be a lob that'd only be useful from outside the area.

I loved those controls because you could lob the keeper from outside the box if he was off his line with some pace behind the ball. Plus it was random enough not to work everytime.

What I don't like about the chips is that they are far too high and slow. Anyone remember Owen's chip/dink against Celtic years ago? I think they should be like that with speed and momentum kept, now they just standstill and chip it over the goalie. Or they change the shooting animation to more of a finesse movement making it more of a lob. Actually they could do both, jogging speed makes it a lob shot, sprinting makes it a dink over the unrushing goalie.

goal at 20sec:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkG5aasoZ3M

There definitely needs to be variations, they should let the gauge load up a lot slower that it currently does.

This is possible
YouTube - Carlos Vela Amazing Chip Goal, Arsenal vs Wigan, Carling Cup HQ

This is impossible, up over the keeper and down really quick
YouTube - Carlos Vela Amazing Goal (Arsenal - Sheffield United) HQ

Vela again, a well timed chip beats the keeper every time
YouTube - Vela goal vs Burnley

Notice the height of the last two chips

I'd say the middle video is exactly the same as what you get in ffia 09 - except fifa 09's ball moves much slower. The other 2 videos... I've never been able to chip or lob the keeper with that kind of direction or speed.

I'd say the middle video is exactly the same as what you get in ffia 09 - except fifa 09's ball moves much slower. The other 2 videos... I've never been able to chip or lob the keeper with that kind of direction or speed.
In 09 you have no chance of scoring that chip from that close, unless you direct it across the keeper.

The first chip very possible, but in the situation the keeper doesn't rush out unless the user hold triangle.

The owen chip is easier to do in BAP club for some reason.

Last edited:
In 09 you have no chance of scoring that chip from that close, unless you direct it across the keeper.

The first chip very possible, but in the situation the keeper doesn't rush out unless the user hold triangle.

The owen chip is easier to do in BAP club for some reason.

I've had the AI score countless close range chips past my keeper - most of them involve him jumping up and pushing the ball behind him into his own goal. Also if you chip when standing at the edge of the box it goes directly in 98% of the time. 1% of the time it hits the bar and 1% of the time the keeper dives backwards and pushes the ball into his own goal.

The second video is excellent, the ability to have the commentator say my name in game is awesome but I'd be amazed if my surname was in the database.

Regarding saving goals to the hard drive, sounds the 360 hard drive being optional is holding it up, then again Madden has it so why can't they just copy their tech?

The set piece creator will be abused online, no doubt about it.

Back
Top Bottom