FIFA 10

At the Emirates my mate played with assisted control and I played with with Full manual. I trashed him every match 3-0 or 4-0, until he picked France and beat me 2-0 even tho I picked Brazil.

There was an instance in that match where Evra totally bullied Fabiano of the ball. Really hope super fast France are sorted out before release.

After the France game the trashing continued, until we both played on assisted and I couldn't score to safe my life.

Until I treated the controls like a semi or manual

Judging by that video, they still have that pointless camera view of the stadium before someone is substituted?

Chris is this something you could ask them about? I mean if it is still so you can't get a penalty from a standing tackle. If it is it would be nice to see if they could atleast implement a penalty when you completely trip them with a standing tackle like they did with Ibra on that video.
Oh I'm on it, don't you worry.

Judging by that video, they still have that pointless camera view of the stadium before someone is substituted?
Would seem like it. :(

However, they aren't complete builds and the last things to change are graphical bits and bobs, so who knows. At least it gets off the screen a bit quicker. ;)

I want to know whether lesser players can still hit a good shot - when you watch lower league football in real life a lot of the players can hit the ball with real power... on FIFA 08/09 EVERY shot with any lower league player was crap.

I want to know whether lesser players can still hit a good shot - when you watch lower league football in real life a lot of the players can hit the ball with real power... on FIFA 08/09 EVERY shot with any lower league player was crap.
As I said before, Tim and I played with two lower-league Spanish teams at the event (they were the only lower-league teams available in either build).

It finished 1-0, and the goal that went in was a belter. From quite far out as well.

Felt so much more realistic because it was scrappy but there was still speed and skill on show, whereas in 09 it feels like controlling a herd of angry rhinos.

It also felt more realistic because the goals seemed to come more from long-range efforts and deflections than breaking into the box and scoring at point-blank range all the time.

Thanks, just the answer I was hoping for :D.
I wasn't expecting a massive difference to be honest, because I was speaking to one of the EA guys there and he was saying that lower league football will never quite be perfectly represented because they can't put all of the stats of Football Manager into the game, there isn't enough CPU power to process it all while you're controlling the players.

But over the course of one or two games with lower league teams (obviously not enough for a review or anything but enough to get an idea about it), it definitely felt scrappy, but without that "rhino" effect you get in FIFA 09, and with good powerful shots.

I just hope the AI is good enough personally, I noticed at the event that Rooney (when given three 1-on-1s) walked into the keeper twice and passed the ball away the third time, and I've noticed it in a few human v AI videos coming out of Gamescom as well.

They are all incomplete builds though so hopefully there's enough time for that to be tweaked...

Great news. Just too bad that they have removed the possibility to play with 3 anys in Clubs without at least replacing it with a new mode for that.. (shouldn't be so hard, copy-paste from FIFA09 Clubs..) But the game play is looking great although I wonder why we had so few FIFA game play videos and a billion PES ones.
Clubs isn't about playing as 3 Anys versus a proper team with 1 Any and the rest pros. You can still play as many anys as you want in Online Team Play anyway I think.

Clubs isn't about playing as 3 Anys versus a proper team with 1 Any and the rest pros. You can still play as many anys as you want in Online Team Play anyway I think.

Beh, that why I wrote "at least replaced it with another mode", wouldn't hurt to actually read what I wrote would it? Yeah you can still play OTP but it doesn't replace the way FIFA Clubs worked in 09. You wouldn't call unranked friendlies a replacement if they removed online leagues now would you?

Beh, that why I wrote "at least replaced it with another mode", wouldn't hurt to actually read what I wrote would it? Yeah you can still play OTP but it doesn't replace the way FIFA Clubs worked in 09. You wouldn't call unranked friendlies a replacement if they removed online leagues now would you?
But Clubs was never about playing 3 Anys v 3 Anys.... So it would have to be a completely new mode altogether.

The ability to use more than one any should never have been in Clubs in 09, I don't understand why anyone would want to do it anyway.
The only reason I can think of to have more than one Any is to play 2v2, which wasn't possible in Clubs on 09...

I'm glad it's not in FIFA 10 and hopefully games will be more realistic with only the one Any, because every time we played against teams with 2 or 3 they just sprinted everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
But Clubs was never about playing 3 Anys v 3 Anys.... So it would have to be a completely new mode altogether.

Yes? Maybe it never was the intention but that it was a function that existed in FIFA09 Clubs is a fact. Hence why I said create a seperate mode for it.

And no, not a completely new mode, rather FIFA09 Clubs and change the name. I get that you do not wish to play this mode but I would be pleased if you could stop complaining every single time I mention this (if you want seperate mode from "your" Clubs that fine with me).

Don't get why you have to shoot this mode down all the time. You would be rather pissed if they removed your favorite way of playing the game too.:RANT:

Last edited:
Because it's stupid. Clubs was meant to be each player controlling an individual, that was the whole point of it.

If you wanna play 2v2 or 3v3 then do online team play, it doesn't need a new mode.

Most clubs we played with 3 anys were shit anyway as they couldn't control all the players properly.

Because it's stupid. Clubs was meant to be each player controlling an individual, that was the whole point of it.

Why is it supid? I don't give a fuck how it was meant to be played, it was possible to play with 3 anys and I enjoyed it A LOT. Yeah, 10vs10 and anys vs anys should be seperate modes but I really don't get why you have to get pissed that I want this in the game?

If you wanna play 2v2 or 3v3 then do online team play, it doesn't need a new mode.

If you want manager mode play exhibition matches. If you want online leagues play unranked friendlies. Yeah right?

Most clubs we played with 3 anys were shit anyway as they couldn't control all the players properly.

So what? Most of players in 1vs1 online is shit as well. Besides I played some stunning manual football with my friends and of course some people are going to be shit. They are in all games.

Seriouslu guys, what the hell have you been smoking?

Last edited:
Yes? Maybe it never was the intention but that it was a function that existed in FIFA09 Clubs is a fact. Hence why I said create a seperate mode for it.

And no, not a completely new mode, rather FIFA09 Clubs and change the name. I get that you do not wish to play this mode but I would be pleased if you could stop complaining every single time I mention this (if you want seperate mode from "your" Clubs that fine with me).

Don't get why you have to shoot this mode down all the time. You would be rather pissed if they removed your favorite way of playing the game too.:RANT:

DRUGSAREBAD.png

Why is it supid? I don't give a fuck how it was meant to be played, it was possible to play with 3 anys and I enjoyed it A LOT. Yeah, 10vs10 and anys vs anys should be seperate modes but I really don't get why you have to get pissed that I want this in the game?
Regardless of whether it's stupid or not, it is still in the game. So we don't see why you're complaining?

Regardless of whether it's stupid or not, it is still in the game. So we don't see why you're complaining?

What the fuck are you talking about? Is manager mode still in the game if they only had exhibition matches?

OTP is unranked, no stats are recorded, you don't get to play against people in a Clubs etc etc.

Chris did you report the Font colour issue with Cechs shirt?

And thanks Dags for pointing out the link in my post for Chris
;) I reported it and I've been told it's been fixed. Mentioned that the Man City goalkeeper kit was the old kit with the old sponsor as well and they said they knew about that. I also reported Man City's kit being neon blue instead of sky blue, no word on that yet but they did say to me that graphics are still being worked on so it should be fixed.

Tranmere's new away kit has only just been unveiled today so hopefully they can fit that in as well, even if it does look like crap.

@Dusse: So basically you want them to create a whole new mode just for you called 3v3 Ranked Matches?

No, I want them to copy-paste FIFA 09 clubs (or FIFA 10 Clubs, rename it and remove the any-limit) and rename it for all the people who enjoy to play the game this way, just as Placebo want them to work on manager mode and other people has wished for features of the game.:FAIL:

Back
Top Bottom