FIFA 10

U need one of these

late-pass-1.jpg

In all the previews, nothing has been said about any improvements to the atmosphere. Are there any, and is it less front heavy now?

Nothing was finalised in what we saw - as Tim said in what we played there was no day rain at Anfield which I thought was pissing ridiculous to be honest, BUT, I've been told that it's not final. Graphics are always the last things put into the game, which EA has said several times in fairness.

Best example of this is Marcel in the Manager Mode thread who has stated categorically (Placebo can back me up here, he was quoting it to me this afternoon) that practically every stadium will have a night mode. During the playtest there were quite a few that didn't.

So in short, I can't really answer any questions like this - we'll just have to wait for the final game. Hopefully a few more have been added though.

Tbh I'm not so sure anymore if the "for each stadium" is also meant for weather but here the link

As for the night matches in all stadia thingies, IIRC the only official statement has been from Marcel in the MM Q&A threads and these were his comments:

Originally Posted by EA_MarcelKuhn View Post
AFAIK night will be available for all stadiums in FIFA 10 - we've made an effort to try to add as many Time Of Day and weather settings to all stadiums. In the end I think we're almost there, but we might run out of time in the end.

What's cool this year is, that we've added a graphical display on the stadium select screen that will show you which TOD / Weather settings are available for the stadium you're about to choose. This way you can make sure you select a stadum that has all the settings you care about :-).
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA_MarcelKuhn View Post
...you will have "Night" available for almost all stadiums (if not all :-)), I just checked the Camp Nou and it already has the night setting (dry and rainy) in FIFA 10.

Thanks for the replies guys, not really sure what the answer is but it looks promising..........I think

Don't worry about the defending, even in the 6 weeks old build we played it was drastically improved. Players covered their areas better and weren't fooled as easily as in 09. They've also got rid of that stupid idea of having players run in the opposite direction as soon as you switch to them at the back.

What still really worries me is player switching. I can't play 09 anymore purely for that reason and looking at some of the FIFA 10 gameplay vids last night I noticed some of the players cycling through selecting players just to get to the right defender WHO WAS CLOSEST TO THE BALL :RANT:. I know I keep banging on about it, but that, defending and shooting in 09 were the main things that pissed me off even after a week or so of playing 09. I have a sneaky suspicion it's not going to be fixed in time for final release and that REALLY pisses me off. I couldn't give a monkeys about Virtual Pro, if they haven't even fixed this minor thing it will grate on me from day one :BORED:.

People keep saying how bad PES 2009 was, but even that had proper player switching. I keep asking EA reps on twitter to see if they've changed it for the FIFA 10 and they just keep ignoring me, but thankfully Chris has now forwarded on my concerns (and Nick's) so I pray they at least acknowledge it :PRAY:.

i hope they do address the player switching mate, i hated it at our playtest. At first i thought it was me being useless with the xbox controller but it wasnt. It just hadnt changed from 09

In all the previews, nothing has been said about any improvements to the atmosphere. Are there any, and is it less front heavy now?

Atmosphere has been covered in the past in here, basically yes it's improved, commentary, chants, songs, greater passion for derby matches etc. etc.

NEW GAMEPLAY VIDEO FROM JEUXVIDEO

Some new animations in there and you should also see how they give the ball away and kick it to the wrong area occasionally even though it's obviously assisted passing.

Nobody is using the 360 degree slow dribble to beat a man though, it's so pissing depressing to watch.

Last edited:
Are some of you guys playing on dynamic camera? Or am I the only one? I really can't enjoy those vids for some reasons. I think I'm used to dynamic camera...

1:42 - Standing cross with a decent bit of power and pace :D

3:08 - Great cross with whip! :D

EDIT: OOFT! 3:27 - Would never see that in 09 :D

NEW GAMEPLAY VIDEO FROM JEUXVIDEO

Some new animations in there and you should also see how they give the ball away and kick it to the wrong area occasionally even though it's obviously assisted passing.

Nobody is using the 360 degree slow dribble to beat a man though, it's so pissing depressing to watch.

One of the playing guys (Chelsea) is the one who draw the match against Seabass on PES and he said himself that PES is a game he masters and prefers more.
The way he played it made it look like typical PES tactics (run run run and then cross)

Had this resonse from Mike Takla

Originally Posted by WILDSTER180774
Hi Mike, thank you for responding to my posts yesterday as i was being very negative about the stats boosting debacle. Im still very sceptical but will give you boys the benefit of doubt as i think you deserve a bit of slack for the fantastic game that you have created. I was lucky enough to play it.
Virtual Pro has endless posibilities to what you guys can add in the next couple of years. I like the fact the rest of the team gets filled with generic players and that they will be base rated players. This should give clubs incentives to play with more humans. Personally i would have liked the 'any' to have been dropped altogether.
So when creating a club can you confirm that we create the team name ourselves and dont play as Man Utd. Also what kits do we play with? If i create a team called Red Star London for example it would be odd if they played in Leyton Orients kit. Is there a basic kit selection in the game where we can choose what colour kit and template. If this is not in the game is it something you have considered? If we do have to select a real kit/team as a template does that mean the real badge would be displayed to.....i hope not.
Id like to see

1. kit creation edit tool (extra special designs and logos could be awarded for reaching certain milestones in game (50 wins for example).
2. Badge creation edit tool. Again something that could be added to with accomplishments.

Thanks again for taking some flak yesterday.

No worries mate, I appreciate that fans of the game can get concerned & hope everyone feels a bit more at ease now there is a few more details about the 7'5" & 99 rated speed players There really is nothing to worry about when it comes to how the Store will affect Clubs as a whole.

On your other points...

ANY - I'd also love to see us move to a true 10v10 Club mode, but at the moment based on the average match size we had last year, as well as my experiences playing Clubs (there was a lot of 3's & pretty much always 1 ANY) we're not quite there, so keeping this option in for those that enjoyed it was pretty important this year. We have limited to 1 ANY though, as for me 3 guys playing as ANY is just not what Clubs is about, you can still do this in OTP if you want however.

Creating Kits & Crests - Unfortunately we didn't get to this one this year, we did want to but only so much time! When you create a Club you choose a name, an abbreviation, a league to join, a Club motto & you choose from 1 of the 500+ teams to use their logo & kit. There is some pretty obsure logo's & teams out there so for my Club we normally choose a lesser known team, so we have a relatively unique kit & crest. I really hope we can do kits next year, that would definitely add to the feeling of "this is our club". We're also looking at letting you select & name stadiums & much more....

We did work on improving the way the Club name is showed this year though- I'm sure you'll remember last year you'd see Man United vs Man United in the match build up & in the score display, whereas this year for example you'll see Takla Town vs Wildster United or TFC vs WDU. It certainly makes a big difference when you quick match & see the name of a team you've had a recent rivalry with, rather than thinking "do I recognise those gamertags".

Hopefully next year we may see kit editor for clubs. :APPLAUD:

FIFA seems that it might be awkward at first and one might think that 09 is better but after a week or so you start noticing the true potential of the game (kind of like PES used to be). In these vids you notice that people are trying to play it like 09 (and using the 09's glitches :BLEH:).

Looks way too fast but obviously someone has put the speed up to "fast" (as klys from the EA forums has said is happening during the event), and not only that but the compression has made it look faster again...

Apart from that though it's a good video.

Back
Top Bottom