FIFA 10

They should make the chipping even harder to pull off. It isn't that easy in real life to pull it off while running. Just make it more risky in power/height/direction.

Did anyone see the new chest animation where the Bayern player controlled CLOSE to his chest...then flicked it over his head? Im so glad you can trap it close to your body with your chest now, as appose to FIFA 09 where they chested it far too far ahead of themselves

A single tear rolled down my cheek when i saw this... Huuuraaah

Don't think its weird tbh, If they don't have a standard collection then it's down to the user to make them and save them in their profile. So in that case it isnt surprising that its not part of the demo.

That vid did fuck all for the game. the wanker who was trying the chips all the time should have been frog marched to the car park.

Like it was said, EA should showcase people who play it like football, not super mario.

...or actually fix the game.. :-)

They better sort the shit defending out in this

In 09 it was far to easy to turn players inside out with a striker or even your defender stopping dead when a ball is being played though leaving him 1 on 1

Did anyone see the new chest animation where the Bayern player controlled CLOSE to his chest...then flicked it over his head? Im so glad you can trap it close to your body with your chest now, as appose to FIFA 09 where they chested it far too far ahead of themselves

A single tear rolled down my cheek when i saw this... Huuuraaah

How many times have I chested the ball only to see it fly off like my player is made of steel... :D
so glad this is addressed...

That vid did fuck all for the game. the wanker who was trying the chips all the time should have been frog marched to the car park.

Like it was said, EA should showcase people who play it like football, not super mario.

The more worrying thing is the game is still letting people play this way.

As one of the above post says, they should fix the game rather than only allow people to showcase the game who play the right way.

That happens in 09 some times when your near the touch line for some reason you can whip a real curling cross in but you can't do it anywhere else and it does not do it often, has anyone else found that, you literally go "wow" that's more like it then you never see it again for games on end... :SHOCK:

I make these type of crosses quite regularly. I play with all manual controls and these type of crosses tend to happen when I put 80% of power on the cross, and cross with the player's correct foot.

That last video confirms for me the ball is still too floaty. Did none of you guys notice this at the play test in London???
I should just say that I did notice this - I don't know if you remember Tim but I was discussing it with the EA guy at the event, that I was asked before I went to try cross-field balls and they were still far too floaty.

His response was "compare it to 09 and it's better", to which I said "but it's still not like a real cross-field ball to me to be honest". But some people were managing to do driven crosses, so as I've said already in this thread, perhaps there's a button combination I was missing.

I've since been handing in feedback to EA people (10 emails of it so far!) and the floatyness of crosses and cross-field balls is something I've mentioned. I'm told there may be enough time to tweak it before release. We'll have to see...

I should just say that I did notice this - I don't know if you remember Tim but I was discussing it with the EA guy at the event, that I was asked before I went to try cross-field balls and they were still far too floaty.

His response was "compare it to 09 and it's better", to which I said "but it's still not like a real cross-field ball to me to be honest". But some people were managing to do driven crosses, so as I've said already in this thread, perhaps there's a button combination I was missing.

I've since been handing in feedback to EA people (10 emails of it so far!) and the floatyness of crosses and cross-field balls is something I've mentioned. I'm told there may be enough time to tweak it before release. We'll have to see...

:APPLAUD: Keep pestering the buggers Chris, if you need us to post anywhere or send emails I'll gladly spam the sods to get some action...

In 09 it was far to easy to turn players inside out with a striker or even your defender stopping dead when a ball is being played though leaving him 1 on 1

Don't worry about the defending, even in the 6 weeks old build we played it was drastically improved. Players covered their areas better and weren't fooled as easily as in 09. They've also got rid of that stupid idea of having players run in the opposite direction as soon as you switch to them at the back.

What still really worries me is player switching. I can't play 09 anymore purely for that reason and looking at some of the FIFA 10 gameplay vids last night I noticed some of the players cycling through selecting players just to get to the right defender WHO WAS CLOSEST TO THE BALL :RANT:. I know I keep banging on about it, but that, defending and shooting in 09 were the main things that pissed me off even after a week or so of playing 09. I have a sneaky suspicion it's not going to be fixed in time for final release and that REALLY pisses me off. I couldn't give a monkeys about Virtual Pro, if they haven't even fixed this minor thing it will grate on me from day one :BORED:.

People keep saying how bad PES 2009 was, but even that had proper player switching. I keep asking EA reps on twitter to see if they've changed it for the FIFA 10 and they just keep ignoring me, but thankfully Chris has now forwarded on my concerns (and Nick's) so I pray they at least acknowledge it :PRAY:.

Damn, CAN I SEE A LONG SHOT EFFORT?
those wankers dont shoot from outside the box....i need to see a nice powerfull low shoot so i can get pumped for this game.

one thing i really didnt like so far are the Corners...seems the one on one battles are still happening... they should tweak this, its annoying and make every corner feel the same.

Last edited:
You're doing a great job representing us Chris, cheers for that. It's great to have someone like you in a position where you can tell EA directly what to look at.

Did you guys that played the game notice if your team mates take good run while like 2 on 1 or 3 on 2? Sometimes in 09 they kind of stay back instead of going 100% forward like you would to in a counter attack in real life. Like they were forced to stay close to their positions even if going forward would be the natural thing in real life to do.

You're doing a great job representing us Chris, cheers for that. It's great to have someone like you in a position where you can tell EA directly what to look at.

Did you guys that played the game notice if your team mates take good run while like 2 on 1 or 3 on 2? Sometimes in 09 they kind of stay back instead of going 100% forward like you would to in a counter attack in real life. Like they were forced to stay close to their positions even if going forward would be the natural thing in real life to do.

Noticed in 09 Manager Mode that once my players were at a stupidly high level (close to 90 everything) They started splitting defenders on counter attacks and forcing the Ai defender to make a decision to press the ball or follow his run.... I dont know why only high stats can do this as a Sunday league team could get it right.

Maybe it made counter attacking too easy.

Don't worry about the defending, even in the 6 weeks old build we played it was drastically improved. Players covered their areas better and weren't fooled as easily as in 09. They've also got rid of that stupid idea of having players run in the opposite direction as soon as you switch to them at the back.

Sounds good to me :)

Noticed in 09 Manager Mode that once my players were at a stupidly high level (close to 90 everything) They started splitting defenders on counter attacks and forcing the Ai defender to make a decision to press the ball or follow his run.... I dont know why only high stats can do this as a Sunday league team could get it right.

Maybe it made counter attacking too easy.

That's interesting, I wonder what attribute that would make them better at it. If it is only one then I could spend a couple of days maxing it out on every player in the game (if editing lets you do that, I have never tried).

That's interesting, I wonder what attribute that would make them better at it. If it is only one then I could spend a couple of days maxing it out on every player in the game (if editing lets you do that, I have never tried).

Well its only a guess but there is a page of stats that has things in like Tactical Awareness, so thats sounds a good place to start.

One breakaway i had Tevez run from RW diagonally down to LW in front of my runner with the ball. I used Tevez's run to move into the space he'd just created. Was really good, but its not happened that well since... Probably for the best as i'd score every breakaway.

My only complaint with defending was the 'step forward' the centre back would take when you switched to him, meaning he gets caught out by the pace of the attacker. Other than that it was too easy, but I hope thats been countered by better dribbling. Timing needs to be a lot more important in this version, players shouldn't be able to hold down two pressing buttons and call it defending.

Just a quick update on the 'horror show' Virtual Pro

" Let's take me, 5'10", around 150lbs (that's skinny btw)

Firstly some Physical attributes.... My Acceleration will start at 80, speed 75, strength 65. Only through Accomplishments & Form can I improve these. But to be honest that is a pretty competitive starting point, I'd like to think a good player could perform well in Clubs with those attributes. I'm a LB by the way.

If I complete every Accomplishment related to these they can go up to 90, 85 & 70 respectively.

If my recent Form is very very good these will be up by 6 more at the most. Good luck staying there for long

If I've never played the game & I buy any upgrade from the Store I will have the same thing I started with here.

Tomorrow we'll talk about how the Store upgrade will affect some of the other attributes, as I've been writing a lot of long posts & it's time for bed. Night chaps."

All sounds fine, but still not dealing with the 'boost' issue.

ALSO on how the rankings work this year..

"To do this we created a new League system. On top of the Leaderboard we had last year, which tracks every Club’s record over time and places them in Divisions, we’ve added ‘Regional Leagues’ and ‘Seasons’. There are 11 Regional Leagues to join, with each having its own Leaderboard and each month is defined as a Season. So at the start of each month the Leaderboard is reset, and the new season and the battle for the title begins again, while at the end of a season the top clubs in each League are awarded trophies. Regional Leagues and Seasons means that whether you’re a newly created Club, or playing your 10th Season, there is always a goal for your Club over the next month. Of course, to prove yourself as the best Club around, getting to No 1 in Division 1 in what is now called the World Standings, is still the ultimate goal."

Im sure the defending is fine, just a video of 2 idiots who cant play properly, im better at defending than attacking so i will be fine lol

I wonder if the leagues are any different from normal Clubs. There are 11 instead of only one, but I guess everything is pretty much the same. One thing that is a shame, and can't get around really, is that there can never be like top scorers of the season for each league. Since everyone plays different amount of games there will only be internal for stuff like that.

I think it will still feel very much like exhibition games, hopefully I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom