FIFA 10

;) I reported it and I've been told it's been fixed. I also reported Man City's kit being neon blue instead of sky blue, no word on that yet but they did say to me that graphics are still being worked on so it should be fixed.

Tranmere's new away kit has only just been unveiled today so hopefully they can fit that in as well, even if it does look like crap.

Nice one ,Also hope they got West Broms numbers as Silver

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/90...52F3024BC9FD047EF3D6169FCCF229C629F3B5F24D6B4

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/89...10F7A2CA6EA5DF11BFD8C074FFAF9BA5851441DD5ED13

even the keepers are silver

I fucking hope they done there research and not fuck up like charltons numbers last year

@Dusse: So basically you want them to create a whole new mode just for you called 3v3 Ranked Matches?
I don't really want to get involved in this but I can kind of see what he means. I would like to play 2v2/3v3/4v4 in ranked matches rather than having to use Clubs and control a single player. So I can see why a new mode would be good for that, with league tables etc. - but more leaderboards equals more server load, equals more servers required, equals more money required to be spent on something that the majority wouldn't appreciate, equals EA won't do it.

Joe, I will ask if WBA's numbers have been set to silver. :)

No, I want them to copy-paste FIFA 09 clubs and rename it for all the people who enjoy to play the game this way, just as Placebo want them to work on manager mode and other people has wished for features of the game.:FAIL:
I think you're the one who's failed mate to be honest. It wouldn't be Clubs because Clubs was all about playing as a pro. Not 3v3. So it would be a new mode.

No, I want them to copy-paste FIFA 09 clubs (or FIFA 10 Clubs, rename it and remove the any-limit) and rename it for all the people who enjoy to play the game this way, just as Placebo want them to work on manager mode and other people has wished for features of the game.:FAIL:

But then that would mean EA having another ranking system just for you (probably the only person to play this old mode on fifa 10 if they done it) to play basically Online Team Play with stats (which btw are pointless stats)

I don't really want to get involved in this but I can kind of see what he means. I would like to play 2v2/3v3/4v4 in ranked matches rather than having to use Clubs and control a single player. So I can see why a new mode would be good for that, with league tables etc. - but more leaderboards equals more server load, equals more servers required, equals more money required to be spent on something that the majority wouldn't appreciate, equals EA won't do it.

Joe, I will ask if WBA's numbers have been set to silver. :)

And Crystal Palace away kit to red numbers!
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/89...7D35B7EDA80802F330875812BAB48BDEBAE7F4ACA0F32

Ill put a Pound on they will be blue on Fifa 10

Why cant they have the proper premier league fonts too Chris.. ask them that?! It looks stupid and they've got the bloody license so why don't they use it to make the game look perfect?!

WOAH! Hang on a second! Your saying that you can play 2v2/3v3 etc like PES 6 on FIFA 09?! So can me and a friend on a separate console play against another guy and his friend? If this has been in can someone explain how you set it up through the menus. I cant believe I have had the game since release and never known about it. :FAIL:

I think you're the one who's failed mate to be honest. It wouldn't be Clubs because Clubs was all about playing as a pro. Not 3v3. So it would be a new mode.

Name-wise, yes it would be a new mode, but not feature- or programming-wise. Where have I said that they should call it Clubs? For all I care they can call it Donkey Mode. And what do you have againts a new mode? I don't want Virtual Pro or Manager Mode becuase I don't play them but I know people do like them so I'm glad they spend money and time to develope them even though I wont benefit from it.

But then that would mean EA having another ranking system just for you (probably the only person to play this old mode on fifa 10 if they done it) to play basically Online Team Play with stats (which btw are pointless stats)

Yeah, becuase noone of the hundreds of teams I have met playing with tre any's would play it. And everyone who is playing FIFA is on the forums all the time.

And by the way you can say that about pretty much all game modes. They are all just exhibition games that record stats in different ways.

Those two new vids on vandal looked really nice.. saw a few stray passes when he rushed things and the defences were covering... Always take vids with a pinch of salt, but i was worried about the defence...

Cant wait to get hold of it now..

Also Chris cheers for sending all our little gripes, if they get these little things changed it really makes a difference... City's kit was way off so i hope they get time to do it..

I can also put money on the Coventry kits being wrong in some way... Either having the wrong colour numbers or lower case letters on the name.

White numbers on both the home and away kit this season. Is there anything I can do to make sure they get this right? We had yellow numbers on the away kit on FIFA 09, with lower case letters!

Why cant they have the proper premier league fonts too Chris.. ask them that?! It looks stupid and they've got the bloody license so why don't they use it to make the game look perfect?!
They do have official Premier League fonts, you can see it in the Cech pictures and other ones.

chelseaxbarca_puyollamparddrogba_chest-trapping-700x393.jpg

That just looks like standard block capitals like in 09 to me.

WOAH! Hang on a second! Your saying that you can play 2v2/3v3 etc like PES 6 on FIFA 09?! So can me and a friend on a separate console play against another guy and his friend? If this has been in can someone explain how you set it up through the menus. I cant believe I have had the game since release and never known about it. :FAIL:
you set up a private be a pro mode match, and you can select any as your player and only invite 3 other people, but the response times ahve been WANK when we played it..

Ok so here's the Jeuxvideo Fifa10 video from last night I think it was mirrored:

FIFA 10 Jeuxvideo.wmv

And here's the two new ones from Vandal TV, these have been upscaled to Faux HD.

FIFA 10_ Barça vs Chelsea - Vandal TV GC.wmv

FIFA 10_ Juventus vs Bayern - Vandal TV GC.wmv

Click the image to download ;)

Is there anything I can do to make sure they get this right?

Yeah you should have PM'd me the instant reference materials came out for the new kits so I could submit them to EA, bit late now :(

I think I'm the only one here who will have thought of this and who will care but has there been any news on how Newcastle United will be handled in the Manager Mode?

Specifically how the players will react to being in the Championship on day 1 and if they'll all request a transfer on day 2.

I don't want to pick the club up and find that everyone wants out on day 1, but at the same time you don't want to be able to have premiership players just happy to play in the championship.

The same goes for Man City - I'm half expecting the AI manager of Man City to sell half of the players like Santa Cruz who for any other team would be kept and used. But at city with their players and money will the AI club keep those players or immediately cash in knowing they can sell 4 or 5 players for a profit and still have a decent squad.

Newcastle will be handled like every other Championship club - you won't have any trouble keeping your players for at least a season, and you won't be able to get top-drawer Premier League players until you're a Premier League side (according to Marcel the Manager Mode guy).

Same applies for Man City, they'll keep most of their players in the first season at least I'm sure. BUT it's been mentioned that signing players successfully comes down to league position too, so I worry that Man City won't be signing very many star players even when offering them millions (which has been proven to work in real life regardless of their previous league position).

EDIT: Jumbo, are the real Premier League fonts on this screenshot? I can't decide.

There's more screenshots HERE, you can click on one in the gallery below the article text and then click on the enlarged version to see the image in its original size.

arsenalxchelsea_mikelfabregas_jump-over.jpg

Last edited:
No it's just capitals. The real ones have an outline like the numbers do.

_46250328_hull_pa766.jpg
]
I know thats black and white rather than white and black but they're all like that.

BUT it's been mentioned that signing players successfully comes down to league position too, so I worry that Man City won't be signing very many star players even when offering them millions (which has been proven to work in real life regardless of their previous league position).

Well I asked Marcel about the "Man City" transfer syndrome and he said yes it is implemented, that sometimes money is considered more important by a player than league position and club prestige.

I think from the videos so far the teams dont seem to be defending as a team. I've seen one pass take out the entire team and only one defender nearby. I know these players arn't the best but thats the jonb of the ai.

YouTube - FIFA10 GAMESCOM09 GAMEPLAY VIDEO from Korty70 for www.xboxfront.com

In this video from the first goal kick (0:14) the Juventus player does nothing special at all, then one long pass, the next pass there is a 2 on 1 in the centre of the box...

On the plus side right after that there is an amazing animation of Ibra holdin up the ball..
Cropped the background out of the frame and re-upscaled to Faux HD

Sorry about the deleted posts, having some fun there ;)

So last year I heard a lot of people complaining about the keepers using their wrong foot on when kicking out the ball. I never even thought about it, but when I watched a video now I saw that czech kicked it out with his left foot, so I guess they have fixed this now? Or did they always use their left foot? :CONF:

Notts Forest v DC United - Notts Forest weren't in any of the builds we've played so God knows where this has come from...

EDIT: There's an advert for FIFA 10 being filmed in London, it was recorded there.

YouTube - Fifa 10 NEW VIDEO

Last edited:
The Juve VS Bayern Vandal video has by far impressed me the most.

Great advantage play seen lots of times.

Player collisions are looking great.

Speed of play is a tad too fast but I am sure there is a speed option.

Referee got into the action as well,intercepting a pass at 03:23...Letting play go on at 03:28 and then instantly book Diego for that tackle at 03:36...all in one frame.Great.

Great little animations spotted too on turns,change of pace and receiving/making passes.

Knowing how much the game changed in fifa 09 from the default settings to slow matches at manual playing against fair people, I'll reserve judgement about the game, but the "too much space between lines" is still there and every time you build up play and don't end up scoring, it's an instant counter against you, because of the enormous distance between lines and the fact that defenders can play the ball too well under pression in defense.

I swear I will sign adebola in my first season in MM... just to warm the bench!

Could any of the guys that've participated in any of the community events, or perhaps even Chris if you could ask the guys at EA, did they/will they implement some sort of yellow card system for accumulation? I noticed the little trips that were being called instantly in some of the recent videos but as they are a tactic often employed to slow down the opposing teams more dangerous attackers, the referees will eventually book a player after they've committed the same type of tripping, or knocking over of the player foul 2 or 3 times.

Any evidence from the playtests that this might've been implemented and Chris, if you could ask someone, have they mentioned this referee logic being in the game or not for FIFA 10?

Back
Top Bottom