FIFA 10

I've had the AI score countless close range chips past my keeper - most of them involve him jumping up and pushing the ball behind him into his own goal. Also if you chip when standing at the edge of the box it goes directly in 98% of the time. 1% of the time it hits the bar and 1% of the time the keeper dives backwards and pushes the ball into his own goal.
CPU AI cheats.

The problem with chips for user is that the ball peaks really early and maintains that height for too long. That's why the outside the box chip is too easy even if the GK is in the six yard box.

I really hope the AIs much improved, I can never bare a MM career as the opposition is so ridiculously predictable. I'll be without internet access for most of next year (well, without a stable one), so I'm pretty much banking on a decent MM mode to keep me occupied.

2nd video, interview with Rutter, pretty sure at 19:25 someone asks about saving replays to HDD, hard to tell as the audience isn't mic'd. Difficult on the 360 apparently......

yea, he said it will be in next years, it is difficult to do on the 360, he wants to do it right and they were focusing on other stuff this year, that's why he left it out

come home today to see the new vids and have to say its all looking good. roll on release day!!!

Seen the new no cut scene animation for a booking and well impressed.

Is EVERYONE playing this game on Amateur or is the CPU AI as dumb as a cows ass. They never shoot or pass when they have the opportunity in the box!

Considering you said that in your playtest at the Emirates, Rooney had multiple chances to shoot when he was 1-on-1 with the GK but just ran straight at him, I'm getting very very concerned here...

No response would mean:

1. It only happens on amateur difficulty

2. It's been mentioned before and someone said it would be fixed

3. I'm being ignored...

Hope it's not number 3. :)

No response would mean:

1. It only happens on amateur difficulty

2. It's been mentioned before and someone said it would be fixed

3. I'm being ignored...

Hope it's not number 3. :)
Number 3 lol

That happens on Professional in 09 and when you move up to worldclass the CPU scores with every shot. Which is just a ridiculous way to apply AI and difficulty logic.

Why won't the player shot? makes no fucking sense.

At least let him shot straight at the keeper or chip it wide as your keeper rushes out.

I think it's just a lazy shortcut to programming the difficulty. On professional the CPU can only score from headers or whenever they absolutely have to hit the ball with the first touch.

Hopefully this isn't in the final build for 10

Pretty much every Fifa video from Gamescom is on Amateur, you can tell that by the fact the AI isn't sprinting anywhere, they just jog, the only reason humans aren't scoring lots of goals is because it seems to be PES players playing it (judging by how they play in the gameplay videos).

The second video is excellent, the ability to have the commentator say my name in game is awesome but I'd be amazed if my surname was in the database.

Regarding saving goals to the hard drive, sounds the 360 hard drive being optional is holding it up, then again Madden has it so why can't they just copy their tech?

So because the 360 HDD is holding saving replays back, are they not bothering to give it to PS3 users?

Madden, Tiger Woods, Skate, Fight Night all have replays saved to HDD on the 360, to blame the 360 for its non inclusion is simply false IMO.

Exactly. Anyone who uses that bullshit 'oh they never made the HDD standard so we can't add the feature as it's not fair to those without a HDD' is a lying cock.

I wasn't blaming the 360, Rutter implied that it was harder to do on the 360.

What logical reason could their be for not including it? Like I said in my original post, they should copy tech from the other EA Sports games that use. They do share tech after all.

My name should be in it as both my brother and cousin were in the first EA rugby game.So hopefully it applies to the whole EA data base.:PRAY:

I wasn't blaming the 360, Rutter implied that it was harder to do on the 360.

What logical reason could their be for not including it? Like I said in my original post, they should copy tech from the other EA Sports games that use. They do share tech after all.
i understood your original post pretty welll about the issue

I wish he would zoom in a bit more though, I know what a TV looks like and I'm really straining to see the footage :(.

The same goes for the PES videos.

I was posting on EA's forums on Friday and Gary Patterson answered a few questions. Not sure if it's been posted. It was concerning 1-2 passing and it's effectiveness (dumb runs etc):

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...wo-passing-still-marching-forward-only-7.html

Hi,

I don't know if someone has answered this for you already (not had time to read the full thread) but in FIFA10 we have made a change so that the player on the 1-2 does not just run straight up-field. He will now use the regular forward run code and therefore analyze the space and threat of that space and decide a more intelligent position to run to.

I hope this helps you with your 1-2's, let me know if you like it when you've had a chance to play.

Cheers,

Gary

That sounds great. I can't wait to hold up play and put my strike-force of Defoe and Keane through with with Luka Modric :wub

In 09 you have no chance of scoring that chip from that close, unless you direct it across the keeper.

The first chip very possible, but in the situation the keeper doesn't rush out unless the user hold triangle.

The owen chip is easier to do in BAP club for some reason.

Actually chipping the keeper from close range is very easy. You just can't be using assisted shooting though. Next time you are on switch to at least semi shooting and when in the arena just run at the keeper. Right when you feel you are as close to the as you can before the keeper takes it chip it with a little more than a tap. Works every time since the keeper always dives down as you chip it. I think that is realistic, but when I am able to chip the keeper from no angle whatsoever that is when becomes cheap. The keeper doesn't even have to running out for this to work.

Most of what I've seen from the videos has been extremely positive, but one thing I've noticed from the Juve Bayern video that I'm a bit worried about is the lack of 'strikers' challenges' and the fact that strong strikers knock people off the ball far too well.. in this vid it was amauri who 2 or three times went in and knocked people off the ball. This was a big problem in Fifa where strikers like drogba had no problem going back in defense and knocking people off the ball left and right... They have stats for dribbling, which make players dribble better, stats for shooting, which makes players like drogba score goals better, why does this not seem to work with making good defensive players vs. attackers tackle better/worse? I would love to see strikers committing a bunch of fouls when you try to go in and when the ball with them... dunno if this is going to happen though :( Has anyone that played noticed if this has improved at all?

Back
Top Bottom