FIFA 10

I wish that EA would make the player's head turn to look around as you you're doing a slow dribble, free from any real pressure...subtle touch like that would go a long way in making the game feel realistic

I agree. I'm pretty sure you'll find this appearing in later the following years. This year they've tuned the gameplay more than anything else (although Bosingwa and his Groucho mustache-brows look amazing).

BTW. Just saw the vid of Seabass playing his own game against a journalist and it's so much better to see it that way. I wish we had vids of decent players playing Fifa10. I've not seen one person slow down in midfield and hold the ball and i know it's capable. Not one person has switched the ball from foot to foot and shot from distance.

We're missing so much.

Oh and another thing, it would be nice if EA made the sprint button move you forward at a slower pace. The sprint button is what's making the pitch seem small.

I actually think paying for the new and latest boots, balls, kit accessories, stadia is an accpetable revenue stream. but not stats that affect the core gameplay and our enjoyment

Imagine COD 4- Pay 250 MS points for an extra prestige rank etc, and all guns unlocked etc? Its what kept people playing, and the game meaning something to play for.

Not impressed

I agree, I'd be quite happy to pay a modest sum for add-ons like boots, balls, third kits, but most of all new stadia, which would be excellent.

But, like you I'm worried about the precedent set from selling stat boosts. Like you said, Call of Duty would be a nightmare if people paid to unlock all weapons, or unlock all perks from the get go.

This idea is going to spread, trust me.

Oh Kouroux, don't start that discussion again! :D

I think the best is to settle for what people want from a footie game; Total control like you are playing in real life and/or a tactical challenge whereby you expect your 5* team players to be able to pass to each other with little effort from yourself.

Just saw the 60fps video of Chelsea vs Juve, and that short clip does the game so much more justice. FIFA looks like the game to beat this year. Anelka ripping a shot into the crossbar, Malouda and his lack of shooting ability, the defending AI and player movement look simply stunning. That stop-and-go by del Piero near the end was great too.

Last edited:
Anyone knows what happens in Clubs Pro with the Virtual Pro that the one that choose "any" has? Will that Pro still play, or will the any player not get any ratings at all for how he plays? :CONF:

One thing that is nice though is that you will probably never end up with people chopping everyone down when losing now. People don't want to get bad ratings so they'll behave on the pitch way better I think. I just hope they have fixed the rating system because it was pretty wank in 09. Playing as a winger and getting negative points for every cross that doesn't reach the target (even if they lost a heading duel) is pretty annoying for example.

And my Xbox always gave me such lower ratings than I had on other peoples Xboxes :LOL: I hope they all show the same ratings this time around.

I have played some NHL 10 demo and they have sliders for a lot of stuff! It's great, sure I can't use it in the demo but it looks great :SMUG:

Here are some of them:
Attribute effects - The effect attributes have on your players
Fatigue effect - one for human one for cpu
Fatigue recovery - one human, one cpu
Injury occurrence - human, cpu
Puck control - human,cpu - how hard it is to make a player lose possession of the puck when you check him
Player acceleration - human, cpu
Pass accuracy - human, cpu
Pass interceptions - human, cpu
Different type of power and accuracy for different type of shots - human, cpu (everyone doesn't have same, it's just to make everyone's attribute mean more or less in game)
Different sliders for types of checking, how effective they are
Goalie sliders like how effective it is to screen them and their reaction speed.

I wish FIFA had sliders too, it's great to be able to customize things if you think they're off in the game. Obviously only good for offline, but it would be great in Manager Mode for example. Hopefully they add this for FIFA 11 if people request it.

Not sure if that got missed with all the scummy buying stat boost gubbins, but I only found the link for it today on the EA forums, and the site seemed to be having bandwidth problems, so I mirrored it here: http://web.comhem.se/~u91732394/FIFA10_Videoanteprima_GameCom2009.wmv :)

Dynamic camera! It's just looks soooo sexy! I really can't wait to play this game now! So much diffrence in terms of graphics between dynamic and tele camera...
Agreed.

Dynamic camera just makes the game feel much more realistic. Graphically, it looks better when you can see the detail close up too!

Looks so much better in the Seabass video, decent alternative to FIFA anyway. The only thing really holding it back is the passing, it looks so unbelievably unrealistic.

So I've read somewhere that you can assign stadia to non-licensed (in terms of stadia) clubs. Does this mean that I can assign Bernabeau to Ajax for example? Or only onlicensed ones?

check out what seabass said about fifa 10:

What is it that you think that will seperate PES 2010 and make people say ‘WOW!’ compared to that of Fifa 10?

I went down to the EA booth and played Fifa 10 and its a good game indeed, however if you look at the defending for example, there are alot of instances where the ball carrier was one-on-one with the defender and this is something that does not work well with the way real football is played. Our goal this year with PES 2010 was to make the defending side of things, actually feel like the defenders were keeping their shape and also working as a team. In PES 2010 we have gone for the ‘Zone defending’ style so its not one-one if you defend or attack and when you are defending you dont always have to attck the ball carrier and its sometimes better to delay the ball carrier as much as possible so that your midfield players can get the tackles in etc and this is a more realistic approach we feel. So this type of game style is unique to us compared to that of EA in Fifa 10.

New cannon at the Emirates

ecbe.jpg

I've heard a rumour of what EA are calling 'Weather Boost' ... for 20 games it will piss it down at Anfield. :-)

It wouldn't surprise me if they brought out the UT gameplay cards for use in Clubs...

Personally I think the video in which seabass plays the game is crap and the game seems exactly the same. Scripted auto passing, shooting and everything, overdone ball physics and stupid AI.

Besides, Seabass seems a complete noob playing the game, he only passes to the wing and run, run run to cross it. He plays like sh*t and it doens't surprise me that pes still has the most absurd flaw in the game since pes 3, that is the SB are NEVER in potision and ANY through ball to a quick winger means the winger runs and cut back.

He even tries to cut back twice! How shitty is that? I mean, if Rutter tried to do cheesy goals in the fifa 10 demo would look stupid, isn't it?

I had little respect for this man, and this video has made it even worst. There's nothing good about that video, from the overall arcadish pace, to the awful animations, awful collisions (the ballack goal is odd seeing the animation of the leg and the reaciton of the ball), and CRAP goalkeepers that doesn't even react!

But the best thing is the interview he did to Meristation (spanish media). I assure you can't miss it. He talks about the game being targeted to japanese audience and that now the european audience is just as important (that has some logic, even though european fans should be the main target considering that football reach the highest level in Europe).

Then he talks about Fifa in such an obscure and ridiculous way (posted here recently) that a pro would never do. Put Rutter next to him and compare...

But the jewel of the king is he is asked what are the best footballers in the game, the ones that are special. He starts talking about Messi (obviously, the cover of the game), but he then goes to say that you will find one of the greatest players is... Adriano! Yes, your read well, Adriano seems to be, according to him, the best footballer overall, and he wants to translate it to the game.

So when they said it's a comeback to pes5 it was that? Having adriano again rocketing from practically anywhere? Oh , Jesus, how can this man be so lame?

Back
Top Bottom