FIFA 10

An interesting possibility is that people who "hate" this stat boosting value online gaming victory relatively highly. Instead of just "12-year-old kids" buying, people who place a relatively high value on the pleasure of winning online are also quite likely to end up paying for a boost. So, a large fraction of the very same people who are vocally complaining now may end up (secretly?) going down the path they now say is for "kids". IF some future development somehow reveal a pattern like I hypothesized, I'd surely have a good laugh about it. :D

Not remotely accurate I'm afraid.

I don't even play clubs mode, never have, probably never will, I still take umbrage at the concept, the principle and thus why I've asked for clarification on it.

This sucks, its gotta be taken out, the only thing you should be able to change or upgrade is animation for free kicks, penos etc, and boots

I personally have no problems with some people wanting to buy a bit of help and companies wanting to satisfy them. My attitude is win or lose, it's just a game. If people want to pay for a better chance of victory, I'm totally fine by it. It seems a lot of people have a more competitive mindset with online gaming though. :)

Couldn't disagree with you more. If you're playing online, you should want to be playing fairly on an even playing field.

An interesting possibility is that people who "hate" this stat boosting value online gaming victory relatively highly. Instead of just "12-year-old kids" buying, people who place a relatively high value on the pleasure of winning online are also quite likely to end up paying for a boost. So, a large fraction of the very same people who are vocally complaining now may end up (secretly?) going down the path they now say is for "kids". IF some future development somehow reveal a pattern like I hypothesized, I'd surely have a good laugh about it. :D

I don't care about win/loss stats. I'd just like to know that when we lost it was fair and when we won it wasn't because one of us was using stat boosts. If I know that others are out there playing against with with cheats then It will put me off playing online all together and I'll just stick to my manager mode game offline. A shame because I had a lot of fun with 09 clubs.

Every game I play online, I play it fairly and as realistically as I can - most of the time that's to the detriment of my win% but I wouldn't enjoy expoiting games (i.e. assisted controls, cheap goals, boosting a player, buying packs in UT) just to win a few more games.
In fact sometimes when I was in a good mood on PES and playing someone who was playing fairly, I used to kick the ball out of play when there was an injury (didn't always get it back afterwards) or give goals back if they were because of a glitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just posted this in the MM Q&A thread:

Oh another question I thought of, doubtless to be lost between the spam of mediocrity but I'll ask anyways, is it now possible to see someone's career stats rather than simply season by season, to clarify I mean that say I've played MM for 5 season, Akpo Sodje has been in my team for all those 5 seasons, can I look at how many appearances he has had for each of the last 5 seasons along with goals and such? Would be especially nice to know when a player has scored his 50th/100th/150th goal for your club etc. etc. :)

same here, i only use reading online now so that i dont play against glitchers, even tho most of the who use lower league teams use the roster cheat, its doing my nut in

Can you use the star level filter in club games so that at least you know you won't be playing a whole team of stat boosted twats?

Every game I play online, I play it fairly and as realistically as I can - most of the time that's to the detriment of my win% but I wouldn't enjoy expoiting games (i.e. assisted controls, cheap goals, boosting a player, buying packs in UT) just to win a few more games.
In fact sometimes when I was in a good mood on PES and playing someone who was playing fairly, I used to kick the ball out of play when there was an injury (didn't always get it back afterwards) or give goals back if they were because of a glitch.

Good player. I used to do a similar thing, so long as I felt I was playing against a good and fair player. If a player accidently passed a goal kick straight to my attacker, I would sometimes deliberately kick the ball out of play, or run it out for another goal kick. I don't think I've ever done that on Fifa though, because unfortunately there seem to be so many unsporting little kids on there.

I suspect a lot of Fifa players are long term Fifa fanboys who liked the game even when it was shit. Probably explains why so many of them are such unsporting little shits.

lol yeah, the thing that gets me so fucking angry is when i get sshhhd by some idiot kid who scores from a cut back lol

Yeah. Well I get pissed off by things like people holding the ball in the keeper's arms for as long as possible while they're ahead, just to waste time. People forcing you to watch replays - especially replays of your own misses and offsides and things like that. Also you sometimes get players that I'm convinced just want to beat you in terms of possession percentage. You know, players who just pass the ball around their back line aimlessely - I'm sure they're thinking they're playing world class football, but it's laughable how many people I've stolen the ball from in such situations and blasted one into the back of the net.

It's quite funny to only have 30% possession but to win 4-0, as I have done a few times :)

You know, players who just pass the ball around their back line aimlessely - I'm sure they're thinking they're playing world class football, but it's laughable how many people I've stolen the ball from in such situations and blasted one into the back of the net.

It's quite funny to only have 30% possession but to win 4-0, as I have done a few times :)

That depends on what your opponent is like though. They could be overly defensive and you could be trying to draw them out, if you see what I'm saying? Don't see the problem with that. Of course you can't just pass around the back for 90 mins but there is a flipside to your coin on this one imo.

I personally don't like playing against teams that just play to hit you on the counter attack all the time with long balls and constant through balls. Maybe I'm not getting this across properly but I try to play as realistically as I can and if that takes a few passes across the back now and then and actaully also passing the ball backwards (don't see that often and especially in Clubs), then so be it.

The last video looks very promising, my only concern is the costant skating, but fifa 10 plays like a real football game, dynamic, physical, with players running into space and passes feeling just right.

In 09 it's pretty hard playing slow in Clubs. I know we tried but you keep losing the ball too often because of the button delay and because it is so easy for the other team to just hold down the tackle button and automatically take the ball when close to you.

This is supposed to have been addressed in FIFA 10, so hopefully we can slow things down. So if they press you, there will be a chance of getting a freekick if they just do it without timing it. Also with the new fast 360 slow dribble you can get out of tight situations which was not possible in 09 because of the standing tackles mentioned before. They could also do constant pressing on you without any stamina loss so you had no time to hold the ball at all.

So hopefully it will be easier to play realistic in Clubs this version.

Here is some that irritates me about a lot of Fifa players, the flanks are not the only route to goal and when they do play through the middle it's an assisted through ball.

I hate when am playing club and the player on the ball refuses to ball to players standing in central positions. If you dnt pass to the middle it would be harder to get behind the defense from the flanks. Yes you can run but you do not always have too, 1-2 triangle shape passes makes space genius.

New Gamersyde vid.

He starts to try new things from about half way through the vid. The Ball is so much more free. At about 20 secs Malouda tries to square it and it's intercepted, but with the new physics the ball is flicked on and almost bobbles to Drogba BUT it's intercepted by the opposition. That would never happen in 09.

About 1.10 in the vid when Drogba gets it, check out the movement of the other players trying to get there for the square ball.

Nice flick pass from Essien @ 2.31.

Just before the end you see an unlucky slide tackle played-on for a v.short amount of time. Nice.

And at the end there you have Bosingawa's new face and reactions which look amazing.

Also check out 2.18 where he just toes it away from a player after a 1-2 and Anelka slams it into the bar with his left foot.

Other things I've noticed are loads of new side-footed animations (to control the ball too). Running animations. etc

&
Live Season 2.0 info.

Live Season updates the form of the players every week and with the new feature My Live Season, you can change the visuals of each player [presumably things such as hairstyles]!

:WORSHIP:

might actually get it for this season!!

Do we still get one league free from Adidas Live Season? It was a nice idea, but to be honest it didn't do a lot because small changes in attributes don't make much of a difference on FIFA, I don't think it would be worth paying for.

On a side note, I haven't been hearing much complaints about people who pay for a better connection to improve lag and therefore online gaming performance. Would that be even less "fair" since the same fast connection aren't available to people in different areas at the same price, or even available at all in someone's neighbourhood? May be I just missed those complaints because I don't spend enough time on forums?

Anyway, I know some kind of uproar is natural. At the very least, online gamers could feel the price of this game has just gone up. It isn't "unfair" advantage if everyone serious about online gaming pay for it, right? :) Personally, if I play online and know the other side has bought a boost and I haven't, all the reaction I can imagine myself having is just shrug, play as best I can, see how it pans out with interest and accept whatever outcome it offers.

Online gaming performance has always been the result of a myriad of factors such as innate reflexes, time spent on practicing by yourself, having the right partner to constantly practice against, coming across useful tips somewhere on the internet, living in closer proximity to the server or having a better connection in general and suffer less lag etc. EA now want to make some money by throwing one more factor into the mix. Going by the early signs, this new factor won't be big enough to dominate the rest of the mix.

Looking on the bright side, people who don't want to buy the boost has one more excuse to use when they lose, and one more reason to be happy when they win because the other side may have stats boost. ;)

Here is some that irritates me about a lot of Fifa players, the flanks are not the only route to goal and when they do play through the middle it's an assisted through ball.

I hate when am playing club and the player on the ball refuses to ball to players standing in central positions. If you dnt pass to the middle it would be harder to get behind the defense from the flanks. Yes you can run but you do not always have too, 1-2 triangle shape passes makes space genius.

Yeh i agree. I think people will do more shrt passes in midfield when they realise the short passes have been made better in Fifa10 from what I've seen in the vids.

In 09 a short pass seemed to always miss the inteded target so a tight midfield game could not be achieved.

I just wish we had a weepeler vid to show everyone how it's meant to be played. That'll proabably come about a week after the demo drops.

The last video looks very promising, my only concern is the constant skating, but fifa 10 plays like a real football game, dynamic, physical, with players running into space and passes feeling just right.

I think that's an early contender for a fix in Fifa 11. Because of the 360 movement of the players dribbling there are still some missing transition animations between the angles meaning you get a skating effect. It's very slight for me but i bet that's on the checklist for the next game.

Do we still get one league free from Adidas Live Season? It was a nice idea, but to be honest it didn't do a lot because small changes in attributes don't make much of a difference on FIFA, I don't think it would be worth paying for.
Plus I play MM's mainly that can last a month to play through 15 seasons, they are useless to me...

It does seem a shit idea, My only hope is that the boosts are temporarily. I'll still enjoy improving my Pro slowly and making him better through performances.

New Gamersyde vid.

He starts to try new things from about half way through the vid. The Ball is so much more free. At about 20 secs Malouda tries to square it and it's intercepted, but with the new physics the ball is flicked on and almost bobbles to Drogba BUT it's intercepted by the opposition. That would never happen in 09.

About 1.10 in the vid when Drogba gets it, check out the movement of the other players trying to get there for the square ball.

Nice flick pass from Essien @ 2.31.

Just before the end you see an unlucky slide tackle played-on for a v.short amount of time. Nice.

And at the end there you have Bosingawa's new face and reactions which look amazing.

Also check out 2.18 where he just toes it away from a player after a 1-2 and Anelka slams it into the bar with his left foot.

Other things I've noticed are loads of new side-footed animations (to control the ball too). Running animations. etc

&
Live Season 2.0 info.

:WORSHIP:

might actually get it for this season!!
Did you also saw the mis-timed tackle from the Chelsea defender when Juventus were on their half?:APPLAUD:

How can you bracket everybody like that?
Assisted is like using an aimbot in an FPS game IMO and it makes the game mind numbing and it's just button mashing. Manual is more of a challenge and gets you more involved in the game. I don't think all people think they are superior at all. They just embrace the step up from button mashing ping pong footy.

I'm sorry my aim wasn't to generalize on manual players but most I've come across in here life or online are very cocky about it.Playing with assisted settings is even considered as cheating by some :CONFUSE:

On a side note, I haven't been hearing much complaints about people who pay for a better connection to improve lag and therefore online gaming performance. Would that be even less "fair" since the same fast connection aren't available to people in different areas at the same price, or even available at all in someone's neighbourhood? May be I just missed those complaints because I don't spend enough time on forums?

Such a silly argument. There's nothing wrong with paying more money for a faster internet connection if that's what you want to do. We are talking about people being able to spend money to make their players actually perform better inside the game. There's no connection between the two points. Such a silly thing to say.

Anyway, I know some kind of uproar is natural. At the very least, online gamers could feel the price of this game has just gone up. It isn't "unfair" advantage if everyone serious about online gaming pay for it, right? :) Personally, if I play online and know the other side has bought a boost and I haven't, all the reaction I can imagine myself having is just shrug, play as best I can, see how it pans out with interest and accept whatever outcome it offers.

Online gaming should be a level playing field. Simple as that.

Online gaming performance has always been the result of a myriad of factors such as innate reflexes, time spent on practicing by yourself, having the right partner to constantly practice against, coming across useful tips somewhere on the internet, living in closer proximity to the server or having a better connection in general and suffer less lag etc. EA now want to make some money by throwing one more factor into the mix. Going by the early signs, this new factor won't be big enough to dominate the rest of the mix.

The new factor they are 'throwing into the mix', is one that enables people to effectively cheat by paying money. When I play online, I want to know I've won fairly if I win, and lost fairly if I lose. What next? Pay EA a tenner and you can start each game 2-0 up? I suppose you wouldn't have a problem with them 'throwing that into the mix' would you?

Looking on the bright side, people who don't want to buy the boost has one more excuse to use when they lose, and one more reason to be happy when they win because the other side may have stats boost. ;)

My god. Are you just trolling or what?

Aha sorry Placebo, i didn't realise we'd moved that many pages forward in the afternoon!! Thanks for the youtube.

Just read Mr. Takla's explanation and i have to say, EA are shooting themselves in the foot. Before they would have probably gotten a lot of 9/10 for the online section but if the exploit effects gameplay to the extend that we have a bunch of flat track bullies banging in one-on-one's then they broke their own game before release. Ironic considering they spent months fine-tuning all the exploits and bugs out of 09.

If the play in 10 TRULY has balance and these exploits can still be countered with good play and players, then i don't care. (He mentions you can't max out players and the new tussling for the ball system may mean a more balanced game).

In the end, EA couldn't resist a quick buck. And any player paying for stats should be made to have some kind of mark next to their name. Or maybe wear a giant doghead? Seabass? :APPLAUD:

Did you also saw the mis-timed tackle from the Chelsea defender when Juventus were on their half?:APPLAUD:

Hehe yeh i saw that. TBH i'm liking the newer vids we've been seeing. I want someone to try the new skilled dribbling and shooting though.

Last edited:
Aha sorry Placebo, i didn't realise we'd moved that many pages forward in the afternoon!! Thanks for the youtube.

Just read Mr. Takla's explanation and i have to say, EA are shooting themselves in the foot. Before they would have probably gotten a lot of 9/10 for the online section but if the exploit effects gameplay to the extend that we have a bunch of flat track bullies banging in one-on-one's then they broke their own game before release. Ironic considering they spent months fine-tuning all the explots and bugs out of 09.

If the play in 10 TRULY has balance and these exploits can still be countered with good play and players, then i don't care. (He mentions you can't max out players and the new tussling for the ball system may mean a more balanced game).

In the end, EA couldn't resist a quick buck. And any player paying for stats should be made to have some kind of mark next to their name. Or maybe wear a giant doghead? Seabass? :APPLAUD:

Hehe yeh i saw that. TBH i'm liking the newer vids we've been seeing. I want someone to try the new skilled dribbling and shooting though.

They're ruining the online modes

im going to trust tim and chris, but i have my doubts, the game looks very much like 09 and the same speed as the pes 2010 videos im seeing. But im actually liking the pes videos very much.... except for that henry goal

Back
Top Bottom