FIFA 10

Am I the only one who is becoming a little disapointed in the videos we are seeing?

Sure it looks more free...but the stupid edge of boot passes still occur, the players look static when recieving a pass and the ball just doesnt replicate a real life ball when in the air...still looks a little too floaty.

Maybe I just have my hopes up REALLY high after listening to the guys who played at the Emirates!

Me too, game looks very similar to FIFA 09, ball is still very floaty, but I guess you have to play the game to really find the differences.

Good Morning fellas,

Muthafuck EA

I can't believe I was defending them,trying to be objective about the whole issue.

20 fucking GAMES!!!!

Why not just have a monthly subscription to store boost, cheating money hungry fools.

Casual players my left nut, casual players are not bothered about stats. hardcore players are the one care enough to glitch games etc.

They must be high off the air in vancouver, e-diots

sorry couldnt swear on the EA forums

Me too, game looks very similar to FIFA 09, ball is still very floaty, but I guess you have to play the game to really find the differences.
Believe me, that is the case.

I've put a podcast together with Tim that's going up at midnight tonight to try and explain just how bad these gameplay videos are and how they're doing more harm than good (bear in mind the people playing the game may not even like football, they're just playing it so that they have footage of a popular game on their site, and they have no fucking clue what they're doing).

Believe me, that is the case.

I've put a podcast together with Tim that's going up at midnight tonight to try and explain just how bad these gameplay videos are and how they're doing more harm than good (bear in mind the people playing the game may not even like football, they're just playing it so that they have footage of a popular game on their site, and they have no fucking clue what they're doing).

That is cool, look forward to the podcast.

I am sure that FIFA 10 will be fine, I am still playing FIFA 09 so that shows the quality of that game.

There is huge disrespect from "manual" players towards "assisted" players in general.As far I'm concerned I can play on manual but fuck the "manual" players are in general so arrogant and feel so superior to the others.

If there's a filter in Clubs then A) you can play manual people only (and I would assume the majority of manual players aren't 12-year-olds who stat boost), and B) perhaps we can even lobby for a stat boost allowed/disallowed filter.

No search filters in Clubs, but you do now have the option of challenging another Club to a match which I know was something a lot of people asked for.

Said by Takla on the EA dorums.

Chris - or anyone who went to the playtest last week - sorry if you've specifically addressed this over the past 10 pages somewhere, but what do you make of the speed of the gameplay on show in the FIFA10 videos?

I think it's really fast, comically so at times, and I'm very worried about it. I hear that Gamespot today are saying it's fast too. Is there anything to the argument that it's all the fault of the videos' compression? Or have EA got their previews out of the way, and just decided to appease the online kids after all? Please persuade me that this isn't the pace of FIFA10!

So wait, their reasoning for making stat boost purchase available is to tend the needs of those who haven't got the time to commit??? And that we need not worry because stat boosting only affects "Finishing, Passing, Crossing, Tackling"...which is pretty much the core mechanics of playing football??? WAT.

They have not listened.. they have replied to us etc... but not listened.

They have taken the only thing stopping clubs being the best thing in the game, and decided instead of fixing it, we'll make money out of it... Official Exploits is the new feature. Wonder if it'll go on the back cover...

i dont care if its just for 20 games because after those 20 games the same people will buy those stats again for another 20 games... It make no difference what so ever to us (the normal player)..... Also anyone who has played Ultimate Team will know that these morons dont run out of money.. some people must have spent £100's on Ultimate team buying those gold cards to get 99 stats on day one..

whats funny is that they do all this work to promote Fifa 10 at Gamescom and look whats happenend....

There is huge disrespect from "manual" players towards "assisted" players in general.As far I'm concerned I can play on manual but fuck the "manual" players are in general so arrogant and feel so superior to the others.

How can you bracket everybody like that?
Assisted is like using an aimbot in an FPS game IMO and it makes the game mind numbing and it's just button mashing. Manual is more of a challenge and gets you more involved in the game. I don't think all people think they are superior at all. They just embrace the step up from button mashing ping pong footy.

I think the same will happen in 10 as what happened on 09 - you search for a manual game (or semi) and get "Sorry, no matches found", create a manual game and have nobody join again.

I usually create Manual sessions, on the PS3, and wait for about 5 minutes. And then I go play offline.
In 6 or 7 months I managed to find 4 people playing all manual.
And 3 people have joined my all manual sessions, but were playing in assited. And that's when I gave it up alltogether.

So wait, their reasoning for making stat boost purchase available is to tend the needs of those who haven't got the time to commit??? And that we need not worry because stat boosting only affects "Finishing, Passing, Crossing, Tackling"...which is pretty much the core mechanics of playing football??? WAT.
It's actually a good job player individuality is shit on FIFA, because if it actually affected the game as it should, the advantage these people gained would be massive.

How can you bracket everybody like that?
Assisted is like using an aimbot in an FPS game IMO and it makes the game mind numbing and it's just button mashing. Manual is more of a challenge and gets you more involved in the game. I don't think all people think they are superior at all. They just embrace the step up from button mashing ping pong footy.
Preach!!!

But I am special

mourinho.jpg

Chris - or anyone who went to the playtest last week - sorry if you've specifically addressed this over the past 10 pages somewhere, but what do you make of the speed of the gameplay on show in the FIFA10 videos?

I think it's really fast, comically so at times, and I'm very worried about it. I hear that Gamespot today are saying it's fast too. Is there anything to the argument that it's all the fault of the videos' compression? Or have EA got their previews out of the way, and just decided to appease the online kids after all? Please persuade me that this isn't the pace of FIFA10!
First thing Tim said in the podcast last week was "it's noticeably slower".

I don't think they've actually altered the speed too much but what they've done is made pressing all over the pitch a lot harder to do. So you've got more time and space when you have the ball, which makes it FEEL slower even if it's not.

Then, if you start pinging it about on fully assisted (which they're all doing, let's face it), it will seem faster, especially because the pass travel times are shortened (i.e. you kick the ball harder when you pass it).

Don't worry, honestly. It's fine.

whats funny is that they do all this work to promote Fifa 10 at Gamescom and look whats happenend....
There's still a lot to be confirmed and even though we all wish the stat boosting wasn't there, there's certain things he could say that would put my mind at rest.

I've said on there, tell me that you can't boost each stat more than +10 at a time (without being able to buy it twice etc.), and I'll feel fine. That way the kids who are shit at the game and have stats of 50 everything will only be able to boost to 60 everything.

But I also said it would help if you have a filter in Clubs games so that you can play semi/manual people only and that's been shot down in flames, there's no filter like that for Clubs games, so I'm clinging onto that +10 maximum bit for my life...

I think people who play manual are superior in how they play the game to people who play assisted, same as people who play shooters with aiming assist turned off are superiour in how they play the game to those who play with it turned on. I don't believe that either makes a person a more superior human being, that would be diskarma :)

CD i fear that the filter is not in clubs.. like the other EA guy said. This could again help spoil what looks to be an otherwise great idea.

Just wish they'd take what we are saying into account, because right now the answers are pathetic. I dont wanna be coming back to this thread saying we all saw this coming and they did nothing about it.

But I also said it would help if you have a filter in Clubs games so that you can play semi/manual people only and that's been shot down in flames, there's no filter like that for Clubs games
Hopefully this shouldn't be too much of a problem, I thought assisted shots went wide a lot and it wasn't possible to just mindlessly ping the ball around and play inch perfect through balls? If that's true I can see us lot playing more sensible and effective football with manual/semi.

I remember on FIFA 08 the through balls weren't so accurate on assisted and getting used to manual gave you an advantage over the little kids, hopefully the same is true of FIFA 10.

Oh and this year are we having a league soon after release? If so, please set some control setting limitations, last year there were cheap assisted goals being scored all over the place and it ruined it, I suggest an all manual league :).

how hard is it for someone to hold a camera steady and release some quality vids.

as chris eluded to earlier, the vids we have so far seen are actually doing the game no justice. I would go as far to say that it looks like a smoother 09 to me, but i know that those who have played it state otherwise.

Bloody ironic in FIFA 09 an achievement was "The Purist". How times change

Why cant they listen to us, and do it so we can have all manual leagues, with no increased stats if it isnt done through bloody hard work training or playing. I actually think paying for the new and latest boots, balls, kit accessories, stadia is an accpetable revenue stream. but not stats that affect the core gameplay and our enjoyment

Imagine COD 4- Pay 250 MS points for an extra prestige rank etc, and all guns unlocked etc? Its what kept people playing, and the game meaning something to play for.

Not impressed

A fair way to do this stat boosting nonsense would be to add mini games in practice mode, if for example a player is struggling with his dribbling, he can play a cone dribbling mini game where he has to beat a certain time dribbling around some cones, once he's done it he then gets the dribbling boost for x amount of games. For shooting he has to score say 20 1 v 1's in 90 seconds, the more he scores out of the 20 the longer the boost is for, etc. etc.

This is a somewhat realistic way of doing it, for example Beckham is an awesome freekick taker because he practices and does 100s of practice freekicks per week in training.

I posted this on the EA forums but ....

So why not just allow everyone the choice of picking their own virtual pro for online that they can build and improve. Then for those with less time on their hands the choice of a generic 85 ranked player like we had in 09 with generic stats.

I definitely won't be boosting my player, and anyone who does is a fucking idiot.

I second that. I hate all that shit.

As previously stated though, it's not a given that these bellends will beat you so I will just see how it pans out after release.

A fair way to do this stat boosting nonsense would be to add mini games in practice mode, if for example a player is struggling with his dribbling, he can play a cone dribbling mini game where he has to beat a certain time dribbling around some cones, once he's done it he then gets the dribbling boost for x amount of games. For shooting he has to score say 20 1 v 1's in 90 seconds, the more he scores out of the 20 the longer the boost is for, etc. etc.

This is a somewhat realistic way of doing it, for example Beckham is an awesome freekick taker because he practices and does 100s of practice freekicks per week in training.

ah... but no-one makes money that way....

Don't try and apply sense and logic to this :-) This is money making pure and simple.

If i was a developer of this game spending all my time making it the best i could then some moron in charge of making more money for EA comes along and takes a crap on it, i'd be gutted.

I personally have no problems with some people wanting to buy a bit of help and companies wanting to satisfy them. My attitude is win or lose, it's just a game. If people want to pay for a better chance of victory, I'm totally fine by it. It seems a lot of people have a more competitive mindset with online gaming though. :)

An interesting possibility is that people who "hate" this stat boosting value online gaming victory relatively highly. Instead of just "12-year-old kids" buying, people who place a relatively high value on the pleasure of winning online are also quite likely to end up paying for a boost. So, a large fraction of the very same people who are vocally complaining now may end up (secretly?) going down the path they now say is for "kids". IF some future development somehow reveal a pattern like I hypothesized, I'd surely have a good laugh about it. :D

Back
Top Bottom