FIFA 10

Yet another gameplay video, courtesy of Gametrailers

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-09-fifa-soccer/54477

OMG That looks like butter. So good. Anyone notice the new running and passing animations? We bitched about that hard last year and it's been fixed. The side-foot passing looks so real. In 09 you'll find them passing outside the foot most of the time.

The AI should have gone for the side-footer there but the goalie WAS off his line. The striker's reaction to the shot is cool too.

edit: Oh and check at about 41secs when Drogba(?) gets the ball. Lampard makes a great run in the middle to support but the guy playing the game is (and i hate this word) SWAG.

A little offtopic but i hope in future ea really use their licenses. They have the premiership license yet we've never seen the Barclays Premier League trophy celebration on the pitch at the last game. They've never even modeled the trophy. Kind of embarrassing. Give the license to konami and they'll do it true justice. Fireworks. Kneeling for the winners photo with the trophy. Jumping around with your team. Running with the trophy to the fans in a pitch covered in confetti.

All of this is better than "congratulations".

It's a joke really.

Last edited:
The best thing on that last vid was the player trying to chips reaction when the ball went wide...

While your Twittering Chris, can you squawk very loudly about making sure we get some zip on crosses... ;)

AND CONSEQUENT HEADERS!! PLEASE!!
;)

OMG That looks like butter. So good. Anyone notice the new running and passing animations? We bitched about that hard last year and it's been fixed. The side-foot passing looks so real. In 09 you'll find them passing outside the foot most of the time.

The AI should have gone for the side-footer there but the goalie WAS off his line. The striker's reaction to the shot is cool too.

A little offtopic but i hope in future ea really use their licenses. They have the premiership license yet we've never seen the Barclays Premier League trophy celebration on the pitch at the last game. They've never even modeled the trophy. Kind of embarrassing. Give the license to konami and they'll do it true justice. Fireworks. Kneeling for the winners photo with the trophy. Jumping around with your team. Running with the trophy to the fans in a pitch covered in confetti.

All of this is better than "congratulations".

It's a joke really.

Is it the same in there other sports games?

On Tiger Woods you also get no trophy presentation when winning a tournament.

Something Konami will always do better. When you won a cup on PES, you get to sit back and relax and enjoy YOUR players enjoy YOUR victory. It's what EA is still lacking. That feeling of winning.

Seeing both gameplay from FIFA and PES, it seems to me that FIFA is way ahead.
That Barça - Liverpool video is... Well... Right from kick off the guy passes to Messi who runs in the right wing like there's no tomorrow and then crosses with the outside of the left foot in some weird animation, to which the ball does not react as it should, and then, as the defenders stop right as they enter the penalty area to behold the action leaving the striker and the LW completely alone, Henry scores with a strange shot (and doesn't even touch the ball). And then, he doesn't even celebrate. Then again, with a cross and finishing like that who would? PES seems to be trying, but doesn't seem good enough.

On the Marseille - Barça video, from FIFA, posession ping pongs around very quicly. Of course, the fact that the guy who is playing the game seems to have is finger stuck to the R1 button doesn't help. Still, it seemed miles better than the PES video...

Guess I'll have to play'em both.

I'm amazed that they still don't seem to be able to differentiate between players while sprinting. The run speed might be different from player to player, but the ball control (i.e. how close to feet the player keeps the ball) is exactly the same for everyone.

It was like this in '08, in '09 and now it appears to be the case in fifa 10. Other than that, the game looks to be shaping up nicely.

Yep, shame that PES video... Shame cos they have got the faces bang on.. couldn't believe it until the actual game started... then same cruddy animations and the worst goal i have ever seen. May still be time to sort it before release though..

I'm amazed that they still don't seem to be able to differentiate between players while sprinting. The run speed might be different from player to player, but the ball control (i.e. how close to feet the player keeps the ball) is exactly the same for everyone.

It was like this in '08, in '09 and now it appears to be the case in fifa 10. Other than that, the game looks to be shaping up nicely.

I think that could be solved with the reaction of ball to pitch, but this would require some work on EA's part, for me the better the game gets it still has that plastic shiny feel to it, like all the players have just taken their wrappers off.

*True pitch interaction for 2011, I say... :RSCARF:*

Yep, shame that PES video... Shame cos they have got the faces bang on.. couldn't believe it until the actual game started... then same cruddy animations and the worst goal i have ever seen. May still be time to sort it before release though..

They have been trying to sort it out for 4 years.

They need to scrap the PS2 engine and start again.

They are scared of breaking the game.
But gaming as moved on from the PS2 days and Konami need to realize this.

They are losing so many fans, year on year because they are producing a very below par game.

As the old saying goes "You cant polish a turd" and that is what Seacod is doing every year..

I think Adam must be seeing something we all aint.

They are losing so many fans, year on year because they are producing a very below par game.

As the old saying goes "You cant polish a turd" and that is what Seacod is doing every year..

Konami are deluded. That's the truth. They still believe that if they get the parameters right, their engine is magical - because it was 5 years ago. It's no longer true. FIFA has progressed a RIDICULOUSLY long way, and there is no stopping them.

FIFA took a lot of games to get back to speed. PES can't afford to do that now. Their best choice now, economically, would be to wait for next gen, and try to sell to their hardcore each year. They can't afford to have a FIFA 07.

As for the gametrailers video? Much better than the Gamersyde. The AI seems more incisive too. It sees the gap and cuts him apart for it. Bravo. The player AI seems to be on another planet in both areas.

That's pretty much the solution right there...even then I can't see Konami ever catching up with EA given the latter's financial might (mocapping, researching, rewriting the game's engine, etc efforts in this direction require money after all)

YouTube - FIFA 10 the motion capture [FRENCH] HQ

Last edited:

since the pes offtopic is going on...cammey could u notice untucked shirts from the playing camera?? i couldnt...just like pes09 wich sucks
and with juce retired we wont be able to make that visable... :(

since the pes offtopic is going on...cammey could u notice untucked shirts from the playing camera?? i couldnt...just like pes09 wich sucks
and with juce retired we wont be able to make that visable... :(

Na didnt see them mate.

Seabass needs to untuck is head from his doghead mask and get real.

Didn't the W.E.N.B. boys claim they were working on this version since 2007 :YAWN:

Na didnt see them mate.

Seabass needs to untuck is head from his doghead mask and get real.

Didn't the W.E.N.B. boys claim they were working on this version since 2007 :YAWN:

Someone quoted them on Neogaf

From WENB:

"Not too sure what to say to all guys, it seems you are all down hearted.

For me it was about movement, and how the game flows. That was PES is about. The animations you all crave for are in FIFA. What PES has are animations that keep the game flowing, much better than PES 2009.

While everyone is busy comparing to FIFA, you should take a step back and compare to PES 2009. Massive work done between those games. PES was never going to catch FIFA for animations in one year.

For those who are saying the animation is horrible are guys I can't understand. They are fine, and help the game flow better."

... i'm confused... you complained that BAP is only 4 seasons and then moaned that you're allowed online with it. Clubs is basically an extended version of Be-A-Pro.

Theres only so many scenarios you can put into a mode like that. I remember ISS on the N64 with it's own version of Be-A-Pro, you had to get a girlfriend and everything :lol: You just run out of things to do. I'd rather finish with ba-a-pro- offline and then either go online with my player to compete or put him into my manager mode team.

LOL, virtual girlfriend. NERD ALERT

slick video from gametrailers btw. This game looks like it plays like butter, as real footy should; looking forward to the demo.

Last edited:
So have they not touched BAP at all offline? You're still stuck to one club for 4 seasons and ... well basically what we played last year?

Well I'm thankful they've added more to the manager mode but completely ignoring BAP offline is a real big turn off.

Just occured to me that you're now able to manage your online Clubs at EA's website (pardon me if I'm late to this piece of "news"):

2re05du.jpg

People site UT as an example but in UT when you buy a pack you do not buy anything specific.

No but if you buy 7 or 8 gold packs you will almost certainly end up with 11 gold players, that gets you a 4.5* team right away, 5 mins after you installed UT, and then you go online and play against people who didn't buy gold packs and have 0.5* bronze teams, how is that fair?

Course it's that simple! Just press B, up on the analogue stick, press A. Try again. Wait til you've got a fair game.

No but if you buy 7 or 8 gold packs you will almost certainly end up with 11 gold players, that gets you a 4.5* team right away, 5 mins after you installed UT, and then you go online and play against people who didn't buy gold packs and have 0.5* bronze teams, how is that fair?
That's why they had the chemistry effect.

If you buy 8 pack, you could end up with 11 strikers, it does not guaranteed you a solid team with the right formation or nationality etc, then you also have to get contracts for the players.

In the gold pack you get players with 78 overall stat, not 80s all the time. Thats why it best to trade.

most ppl with 5* teams got them from trade, searching look for those low starting bids and get them with 5 seconds to go.

That's totally different from buying stats and running ring around everyone in Virtual pro, that's just cheating straight up.

Which why I don't think EA will just let you buy stats and be 99

Back
Top Bottom