FIFA 10

I think because Ultimate Team was so successful in terms of people paying money for Gold packs etc. it has encouraged EA to do more of the same in terms of maxing out the abilities etc.

It wouldn't be that bad if they just capped earlier and not 99 as I think it will be. 99 in attributes will just make it play unrealistic I think. Why not just cap at 90 and even if people do max out they won't ruin the game for everyone else, they've not become super humans because of their attributes.

:(( I hope its just things like Boots, Tape and accessories. Otherwise the mode is pretty much ruined. I also hope that you can't add "points" yourself to area's but rather play matches (and play well) and the game will decide which area's you have improved in and slowly improve that part of your game.

I wont matter if people buy points to boost anyway because the people who want to do it will do that or just play it non stop till they have 99 stats anyway

Cheating and glitching will never be stopped

But you can't technically get 99 due to the way you pick height/weight. If you get XP and add yourself than your right but if they integrated a system where you play and it improves area's for you then fair enough if they get 90+ stats if their good at the game then I see no problem.

I wont matter if people buy points to boost anyway because the people who want to do it will do that or just play it non stop till they have 99 stats anyway

Cheating and glitching will never be stopped

That's a reward for their hard work, isn't it?

Some footballer do extra training to perfect their freekicks etc

Which makes them a better player.

Welcome. :)

Pretty isn't it? I just pray the crossing has more sting in the final version.

Thanks gameklip.

The game looks beautiful...

I'm never really impressed with videos of footy games tbh but when the final version comes out (of FIFA) it always blows me away. The videos always DO look incomplete.

But with this one it's different. It's flows beautifully and fluidly just from the videos. Although it's clear that it's on a low difficulty setting, the CPU AI still plays really good.

I can only imagine what the final game will look and play like.

Ball physics, check.
Graphics, check.
Game speed, check.

Last edited:
The BAP mode being only 4 seasons is a fucking joke and what is the point of this virtual pro thing.Virtual pro should have been only about BAP, what a mess of a day this has become for both games

That's a reward for their hard work, isn't it?

Some footballer do extra training to perfect their freekicks etc

Which makes them a better player.

And not everyone can be "99" in any area just by training, well no one at all is 99 I'd say, so that would mean that they should randomly give all players a top level they can reach. But, as I don't think you'd like to be limited to 65 while I can be 85-95 on most things (although realistic), it has to be a general limit so it doesn't get abused.

I dunno with this storeboost thing. It sounds bad... but then... boost is an odd word. It does definitely imply that it's not just an increase to your ability.

I really do agree with most that it shouldn't be there at all... but I have some trust in EA that it won't be quite as bad as it could be.

Let's be honest, this is one of their core modes and it is sensical to real football. Ultimate Team was the equivalent of Pokemon, whereas this is the way they truly want to see their game going.. so I doubt it will be THAT bad. Hopefully it's limited or extremely expensive...

I find their responses odd if it is what we assume. Oh well. Hopefully they'll get worried about the negative vibes and do a Gary Patterson with an uber explanation thread?

As for the video? The guy playing is a bloody tard. Fucking hate these game journalists who get to these events having no idea what they are doing and then deign to give us their reviews! Gross. Lots of horrible spazzy deflections in the area.. but it is against the AI and the AI doesn't seem very good. It seems unwilling to pass when it really needs to be, which allows it to look a lot more like FIFA 09 than it probably ought to be.

Didn't think the crosses looked to bad. The AI crosses looked adequately driven. Though one of the player crosses looked like a dink... but seriously. That could be the moron playing.

Last edited:
The BAP mode being only 4 seasons is a fucking joke and what is the point of this virtual pro thing.Virtual pro should have been only about BAP, what a mess of a day this has become for both games

... i'm confused... you complained that BAP is only 4 seasons and then moaned that you're allowed online with it. Clubs is basically an extended version of Be-A-Pro.

Theres only so many scenarios you can put into a mode like that. I remember ISS on the N64 with it's own version of Be-A-Pro, you had to get a girlfriend and everything :lol: You just run out of things to do. I'd rather finish with ba-a-pro- offline and then either go online with my player to compete or put him into my manager mode team.

... i'm confused... you complained that BAP is only 4 seasons and then moaned that you're allowed online with it. Clubs is basically an extended version of Be-A-Pro.

Theres only so many scenarios you can put into a mode like that. I remember ISS on the N64 with it's own version of Be-A-Pro, you had to get a girlfriend and everything :lol: You just run out of things to do. I'd rather finish with ba-a-pro- offline and then either go online with my player to compete or put him into my manager mode team.

I don't agree at all. You can do a lot of things with a mode like that, no need to involve girlfriends...

PES does it way better with BAL. So EA should start with what BAL offers and then make it even more realistic. Clubs is just exhibition matches, will be the same now. Doesn't matter if you get red cards or whatever, no need to look after your stamina or anything.

BAP:S could be as deep as Manager Mode but only focus on yourself as a player. A lot of good ideas over at the official boards on how to make it a realistic mode to try to give the player a chance to be a professional player.

No that's what I meant sorry.
I'm disappointed that BAP (offline mode) is only 4 seasons but the online virtual pro thing is still a good idea.
For me the ideal thing was to be able to improve your character in a longer process than only 4 BAP mode seasons

And not everyone can be "99" in any area just by training, well no one at all is 99 I'd say, so that would mean that they should randomly give all players a top level they can reach. But, as I don't think you'd like to be limited to 65 while I can be 85-95 on most things (although realistic), it has to be a general limit so it doesn't get abused.
There will be limits to ur stats based on ur physical attribute, so thats not an issue

There will be limits to ur stats based on ur physical attribute, so thats not an issue

Yes we know not all stats can be maxxed out to 99, but the thought of someone creating a 6' 9" player on day one, then paying £5.99 or whatever and immediately having him 80 pace, 99 strength, 99 stamina, 99 jumping, 80 agility, 99 shot power, etc. etc. fills me with a mix of dread and nausea.

Clubs will be so pacey if you can actually have 99 pace and 99 stamina with shorter players. I just don't see why anyone should be able to be a better player than any real player in the game.

No that's what I meant sorry.
I'm disappointed that BAP (offline mode) is only 4 seasons but the online virtual pro thing is still a good idea.
For me the ideal thing was to be able to improve your character in a longer process than only 4 BAP mode seasons

Ah, I see. I think we're seeing the result of trying to improve so many areas at once. I also think we're seeing why modes are sometimes removed. If you think about it 09 had so many features, that to improve each one sufficiently they'd need atleast two years to satisfy everyone. Not to forget the on-pitch gameplay stuff and obligatory yearly graphical update.

I think BAP and Manager mode will get TLC next year while on the field they will focus on player individuality. I'm pretty sure of that.

For now though, I want to see the demo before getting too concerned with modes etc.

Clubs will be so pacey if you can actually have 99 pace and 99 stamina with shorter players. I just don't see why anyone should be able to be a better player than any real player in the game.

Let's be reasonable - we know that you can't have 99 on all stats.

A 6 foot 7 player (tallest) can have an 80-ish speed. It's only reasonable to assume there is a hard limit of about 90 across the board on physical attributes if you have the perfectly balanced player.

With the new freedom-in-physical play, players who are JUST fast are going to find it a lot more difficult.

We also know that form is part of the equation.. so presumeably your stats can go down if you play badly, if only temporarily.

Ah, I see. I think we're seeing the result of trying to improve so many areas at once. I also think we're seeing why modes are sometimes removed. If you think about it 09 had so many features, that to improve each one sufficiently they'd need atleast two years to satisfy everyone. Not to forget the on-pitch gameplay stuff and obligatory yearly graphical update.

I think BAP and Manager mode will get TLC next year while on the field they will focus on player individuality. I'm pretty sure of that.

For now though, I want to see the demo before getting too concerned with modes etc.

Very true but at the same time they're shooting themselves down as it was EA who said last year than BAP was a test before something more complete for the next installment

A 6 foot 7 player (tallest) can have an 80-ish speed. It's only reasonable to assume there is a hard limit of about 90 across the board on physical attributes if you have the perfectly balanced player.

With the new freedom-in-physical play, players who are JUST fast are going to find it a lot more difficult.

We also know that form is part of the equation.. so presumeably your stats can go down if you play badly, if only temporarily.

:APPLAUD:

Yeah you're right, I just can't trust them after what they did with UT.

Also by the screens it looks like you can only put attributes on the attribute groups, so hopefully the more important things like pace can never be 99 even if you max out on the group. I'm just so afraid they screw up and ruin the whole mode.

Any words on the traits? Hopefully you can only assign like five at the time.

Yes we know not all stats can be maxxed out to 99, but the thought of someone creating a 6' 9" player on day one, then paying £5.99 or whatever and immediately having him 80 pace, 99 strength, 99 stamina, 99 jumping, 80 agility, 99 shot power, etc. etc. fills me with a mix of dread and nausea.
6'7 is the maximum height

I am sure you wouldn't be allowed to get up to 99, since they have shown the effort to stop ppl from exploiting this. 90-92 at best.

And based on their response to the tweets, it clearly isnt what everyone thinks it is.

People site UT as an example but in UT when you buy a pack you do not buy anything specific. It's a different situation.

Also a "boost" in gaming always tends to be something temporary, so you will be spending a whole lot of money to maintain your 99 stats if thats the case.

If EA where trying to make money off it that's how it would be done, it would very temporary so you will keep come back.

So getting 99 would be really serious business for EA.

When is the demo of fifa 10 coming out? Sorry i am too lazy to search through this thread if has been mentioned before.

Cheers and no sarcastic responses please :)

Yeah you're right, I just can't trust them after what they did with UT.

No. Nor I really.

I didn't buy UT because I saw what it would become. It was the point when I played my fifth game against someone with a 5 star team, and that was on the day of release. I thought - right there we go. Never getting this.

I was really happy after all the announcements yesterday - if EA have screwed this up again I'll be furious. It's not like FIFA 10 will be a bad game because of it - it's just the absolute horror of them getting it so right and so wrong like that. It's like they've promised the holy grail, and then vomitted into it. We'll see. It's wrong to be presumptuous, but it's also hard not to be presumptuous.

Oh well. The Virtual Pro was more or less a surprise anyway (though it was leaked). It's not the end of the world if it's unplayable but it is a serious downer. I hope EA can sort this out soon because no matter what I here or see about this game, this is always going to be the sour edge.

On the one side, I can just see the EA bigwigs saying: ahha! Here is our DLC money place in FIFA. On the other hand, I just feel that this isn't the same as Ultimate Team, because, let's be honest - UT is Pokemon Football.

Back
Top Bottom