FIFA 10

Listen KNOBCHEESE, I was completely honest on the preview I did on Ashes 2009. The gameplay is far better than BLIC 2007 and I clearly stated that I played the game against a human and did not test the AI. Ashes 2009 when played against a friend is a perfectly fine cricket simulation.

Easy fella!

As I mentioned earlier, one of our goals for the feature was to allow you to play with and continue to grow your Pro throughout FIFA 10 - so you’ll be able to take him through the four Be-A-Pro Seasons

Seems like it'll be only four BAP-seasons again, pretty sad.

I think you're wrong about the FIFA Store. Read Takla's blog and you'll see how he talks about "not too big difference between new players and old" and "user skills should always be most important" kind of stuff.

Last edited:
On second thoughts, that store thing may just be what Stu said, and XP points may be gained from matches which can add a temporary boost to stats? It definitely needs clarification from someone at EA though...

WARNING! LONG OFF TOPIC POST AHEAD!
Listen KNOBCHEESE, I was completely honest on the preview I did on Ashes 2009. The gameplay is far better than BLIC 2007 and I clearly stated that I played the game against a human and did not test the AI. Ashes 2009 when played against a friend is a perfectly fine cricket simulation.
Ha, you make me laugh. Simulation? What fucking cricket have you been watching or playing mate? It doesn't replicate the sport at all, here's a few reasons (mostly copied from posts i've made):

All edges are down to bad timing rather than playing down the wrong line, meaning cut, swing and spin are useless (in fact spin bowling is a complete waste of time in AC 09), it doesn't matter how well you time a shot in real life if your bat is in the wrong place...

No misfields, if you smash the ball at a close in fielder he will always make a perfect diving stop.

90% of edges carrying all of 1 yard, even off aggressive shots with a quick bowler.

Too much bounce/stumps too small, maybe the worst point about the game, good length deliveries ALWAYS go over the stumps, you have to bowl ridiculously full or the ball goes over.

You can only hit the ball about 4 yards with a defensive shot, or go all out to whack a boundary - there's no way to play a mid-power shot on purpose.

Batting in general is too easy, you can score at 10+ an over without taking any risks, you will never get bowled after a bit of practice, only caught.

You can play ridiculous across the line shots and hit 4's/6's, I know players do this in real life (especially T20) but it's far too effective.

Bowling speeds are all wrong, Broad/Anderson 80mph max?

Spinners are completely useless, a bit of practice and you can hit advance shot sixes almost every time.

I'm sorry, but if that's what you call a "perfectly fine cricket simulation" and "not arcadey" then you are not the right person to be going to a playtest and be giving feedback to people, which some people base their decision to pre-order a game upon.

I'm hoping that the word "boost" means it only lasts for one game, which means you could only keep doing it if you had ridiculously deep pockets.

But we'll see, we need confirmation fast.

I am not going to get into an argument with you, if that is your opinion then that is fine but you cannot go around calling people "dishonest" which is what you basically said in your comment about the playtest, I played the game and compared to other cricket games I had played in the past I posted what I felt was an honest appraisal of my experience with the game. I have played at least 20 games with friends and each one has been a realistic experience, I will agree that the AI in Ashes 2009 is very poor and have given feedback to the developers on that.

Anyhow please think before calling people dishonest.

.... maybe you can only use store boost once and only with certain attributes? EA trying to make a quick buck? surely not!

http://www.easports.com/enGB/blogs/...-to-the-start-of-your-virtual-football-career

Comment left:

Can you please quash the horrific rumour that people will be able to buy stat increases for their Virtual Pro player in the same way that people could buy their way to 5* teams in UT or buy their way to a maxxed out golfer in Tiger Woods?

These kinds of exploits destroy the integrity of online gaming as much as scoring glitch goals or using aimbots or whatever, please don't allow VP to be another wonderful mode destroyed by such counter productive decisions.

I feel it might have something to do with accessories you buy with point you have earned.

Lets say you bought the Nike Mercurial Vapor, has it is a speed boot you get and temporary boost on your speed. Until the boot wears and tears.

That will be brilliant

EARom@Placebo_obecalP can't talk about that yet I'm afraid. However, I'd urge you not to jump to conclusions about it ;)

Placebo_obecalP@EARom well based on Tiger Woods UT Madden et al where you can pay money to get maxxed out stats/golfer/5* teams etc. it's hard not to jump.

Finger's crossed for now.

Mirror of the Fifa10 vid from Gamersyde: http://solidfiles.com/d/C1lo/get

Thanks Placebo.

I've been following Evo-web for over a year just never registered.

I've always 'secretely' wait for you to mirror the videos for download as I can't view them from work and 'coz of the streaming websites are blocked.

I've seen one FIFA10 vid today and it's lovely.

Good job with the vids from you.:APPLAUD:

Seems like it'll be only four BAP-seasons again, pretty sad.

This made me very sad. I can't believe they ignored this mode when they add a fucking virtual pro mode. It would make a lot more sense to grow your pro offline in THAT mode and not the other offline modes!

Man really pissed me off. Myself and other people on the official boards have left so many good ideas for BAPS and they don't touch it at all, I mean they can't have touched it if they leave it 4 seasons! Everyone that has ever played that mode says it has to be longer... no time over my ass.

Now I know how the MM people have felt the last years, face raped :(

Thanks Placebo.

I've always 'secretely' wait for you to mirror the videos for download as I can't view them from work and 'coz of the streaming websites are blocked.

Welcome. :)

Pretty isn't it? I just pray the crossing has more sting in the final version.

Has this been posted?

YouTube - XBoxUser.de - FIFA 10 Ingame Material

Not exactly the clearest of videos but you can see the referee hopping away to avoid intercepting the ball

I'll try cleaning it up a bit and upscaling it, see if it becomes any better.

Thanks Placebo.

Kind of you to say, thanks :) Anytime there's a vid you can't see just mention it and I should be able to knock up a mirror, doesn't take much time at all with my internet connection :)

Paying to max out stats in golf games or whatever = Sad pathetic mug. Can't stand the pricks who do it.

Hope it's not the case in FIFA!

but isnt Virtual pro just a new name for BAP??

or am I wrong

I am sad to say that you are wrong. Virtual Pro is the set of attributes and all that. It's just a player. You then take that virtual pro and use in other modes to make him better.

Paying to max out stats in golf games or whatever = Sad pathetic mug. Can't stand the pricks who do it.

Hope it's not the case in FIFA!

Agree completely to both.

In principle I'm a big fan of DLC, if it's done right, for example as I mentioned previously I would gladly pay £10 or whatever to download a SWFC pack which added Hillsborough, GK kits, SWFC specific commentary, chants, songs.

Yep its hard to tell much from the vid..The only real thing that doesn't quite look right is the sprinting at 0:44 - Ibra's got the skating sheeit going on...

I have an theory on what's causing the skating problem, the problem is explaining it though...

Even though he's running down the pitch towards the sideline at a slight angle (such as 170 degrees), the animation shows him pointing directly down as though he's running at 180 degrees.

I think this is why he appears to be moonwalking a little. I'm not sure why they don't render him with his body pointing at 170 degrees rather than 180, seems to me like you can move around the pitch in 360 degrees but the player is only rendered in the old 16 directions?

I wont matter if people buy points to boost anyway because the people who want to do it will do that or just play it non stop till they have 99 stats anyway

Cheating and glitching will never be stopped

Back
Top Bottom