FIFA 10

i thought the team management section of PES has always been far superior to FIFA. the different coloured stats all listed and also the little diagram so you could see the differences in players straight away without scroling through. also the player positioning and the player roles are better, fifa need to put in the "players to go up" section.

in game their needs to be a subs option in the pause menu, so you don't have to go all the way into team management. another thing is if you change the position of a player mid match then that formation has to be saved, it should be an option to save it.

little things, but i think well worth implementing

i thought the team management section of PES has always been far superior to FIFA. the different coloured stats all listed and also the little diagram so you could see the differences in players straight away without scroling through. also the player positioning and the player roles are better, fifa need to put in the "players to go up" section.

in game their needs to be a subs option in the pause menu, so you don't have to go all the way into team management. another thing is if you change the position of a player mid match then that formation has to be saved, it should be an option to save it.

little things, but i think well worth implementing

There is no doubt PESs menu's and as you say their way of displaying stats and being able to compare things, are vastly better than FIFA's clumsy and page heavy system...

I wonder what you get to go on from a real scout in real life, 60 and 100M sprint times, video footage?
I'd love a better way than just figures I just can't think of another way that would not mean quite a few pages of info...

Pisses me off the scout doesn't even tell you the height of the player IIRC? But then I don't bother scouting as it's not real players, it's just more silly generated players with dumb names that make no sense.

Arcade games are always more accessible than simulations.

What is it about FIFA 09's 5 second per screen, woefully uninformative menu system that makes it more of a simulation than, say, football manager? I'd be happier if they just put a DOS prompt in place of the pointless animations.

I can only assume you were having a Steffi..

Arcade games are always more accessible than simulations.

but a quick substitute option in the pause menu would not hurt anybody. ;)

i barely ever do any changes to the lineup cause it is a pretty long process, getting to the right menu...plus they lack responsivness which makes it even more annoying.

I think an improvement to speed up the time spent in clubs menus would be to automatically assign each player a position to play in. Save having to wait on folk arguing over who is going where.

Not entirely sure how this would work though.

Could be based on your current form, e.g. you tackling stats are good, so you get put in a defensive mid role, or maybe you are in good scoring form so you get put in an attacking role.

I could see this getting annoying, but it would kind of mimic real life where you have to play well to maintain your position.

It would also give users experience of playing in different positions.

I doubt it would work though.

i think the idea of creating your own club in online clubs, with your own badge, kits, formation, created players and stadium would be a quality idea.

the created player part would have to be controlled well though, height only between say 5'7" to 6'2" (just an example)and overall stats have to be 85, but you can choose how to distribute the points (speed, acceleraton should be capped to 85 max for example to stop speed demons).

and there will be a total team height limit, so you couldn't have everyone 6'2". it means people could accurately recreate themselves in clubs but couldn't cheat by creating 7' speed demons.

this will also stop people cheating with stats and only using man u, chelsea, barce and france.

it would feel more like your club.

It would be nice to just get a small call up box onscreen to change corner kickers and make subs etc, instead of navigating away from the game...

Unlike PES, FIFA just takes way too long to change some basic settings. This needs to be changed ASAP.

I think a custom created club would work, it does in NHL 09. You can create huge players but they will be more sluggish than smaller ones so there will always be balance. Just prevent people from having more than 90 maybe on stats. Still there shouldn't be an option to, for example, set crossing to 1 point only to boost other areas. Maybe just let people go like +/- 5-10 points on each stat or something like that.

Maybe they would also need to give you two separate set of stats. One that is used when playing offensive role and one if you play defensive. Otherwise people that create typical strikers would never play in other positions because they would say they can't because of their stats.

Haha, I was sent it so I put it up with the title it already had without watching it first; if that video was a shop they'd have been done for false advertising.

At least there was the bit Nick mentioned.

They should have various covers, I for one, don't want to look at that scouse prick on ym games shelf for the next 12 months.
Can i ask which national team you support?Because if it's England that "scouse prick" as you call him is probably going to be one of a few who will keep the U.K. interested in next years world cup.Nick supports Wrexham so he has to be Welsh and we know what they'll be doing next year(fa) as for the blue team in Manchester who knows they may just buy their way onto a Fifa cover.:P

Can i ask which national team you support?Because if it's England that "scouse prick" as you call him is probably going to be one of a few who will keep the U.K. interested in next years world cup.

I don't. I absolutely cannot 'support' a team made up of players who I despise. Just because they wear a different shirt doesn't mean I suddenly want the likes of Lampard, Rooney, Wio and 'Super JT' to do well.

So it's a No for england then? I admire your conviction.Easy for you being as only Garry Barry will be representing the mighty blues.What would happen if City were to buy Rooney,would you still support them? kind of :OT:

Its pathetic acutally thinking about it.

I cant stand Gerrard but it wouldnt stop me buying a game if he was on the front.

And I still want him to do well for England, cos its England isnt it and I'm English.

I cant stand Gerrard but it wouldnt stop me buying a game if he was on the front.

And I still want him to do well for England, cos its England isnt it and I'm English.
I will support any team from the british isles if they are in a tourny,even Liverpool.And i fooking hate them,but when they played Milan in the final i was rooting for them.:CONFUSE:

I used to have that, I was supporting Utd in 99. But now the CL is becoming the FA cup for the big 4 I don't want any of them to win, well besides Liverpool ofcourse. Especially last year, I was hoping it was going to turn into a mass brawl and have them (Che&Manu) both banned :D

As for England, I just hope the pool players don;t get injured, other then that Im not bothered.

But yeah, anymore interesting news? When was the new mode going to be announced?

Can someone please explain to me what is meant by "skilled dribbling" ? Is it something new or something improved ?

I think that's worse than not supporting them. You're a United fan (presumably, probably never been to a game, like), but you'd happily support Gerrard when he's wearing white, despite the fact you probably boo him to fuck when he's wearing red!

Football fan in fickle shocker...

Yes i am a United fan, and I've been to Old Trafford plenty of times but I dont see how supporting England makes me fickle?

If Gerrard scores for England I dont jump around and chant his name like I might if Rooney scored but I'd take a 1-0 England win with a Gerrard goal than a 1-0 defeat and no Liverpool players.

I suppose worshiping Robinho as god but as soon as he leaves for more money and trophies hating him is not fickle?

Back
Top Bottom