FIFA 10

very impressed.

I like the fact that it does not need an overhaul anymore, just refinement and boy they look to have got rid of most of my gripes with 09.........................can't wait:BOP:

One thing I wanted to ask following the playtest, after a match is complete can we see all the performance stats for each player (such as passing completion, tackling, shots on target etc. etc.) as we could in Fifa08, or is it the same as Fifa09 where we can only see such individual player stats for the MOM?

1) Sentences start with a capital letter.
2) You used the wrong word, "their" describes something as being in the possession of someone, you should have used "there".
3) Sentences finish with a full stop.

/englishlesson

That's great, our club could be doing alright in those leagues/competitions if:

a) There's semi/manual tournaments (not likely).
b) Assisted puts you at a disadvantage.

The bit about the gamefaces is good too, hopefully it's easy enough to get an accurate face done, I remember trying some face import thing on a Tony Hawk game, it looked more a mask :LOL:.
I'm reading between the lines hear but surely if you can see other people's gameface, you should be able to see their names? It would be a bit shite on clubs if EVERY other player was a "Player1" "Player2" etc. apart from you, I wouldn't really mind if it was just the other team who you couldn't see the names of, it should just say "Cunt" anyway for 99.99% of players on clubs... that's what they were on 09.

@Gab, that sounds good, but isn't it a bit of a Catch 22? You need to perform well defensively to get defensive XP points (or whatever they're called), but to perform well you need good defensive attributes? I presume the "tackling" attribute still won't have much of an affect anyway because of the lack of individuality, on 09 Ronaldo or Ibrahimovic would have been good defenders...

Pot, Kettle, Black! :P

1) Sentences start with a capital letter.
2) You used the wrong word, "their" describes something as being in the possession of someone, you should have used "there".
3) Sentences finish with a full stop.

/englishlesson

But yes, online manager mode would be a good addition, it could be like FM Live where you sign up and join a "gameworld" with a limited number of spaces, then when that one is full, people are added into another gameworld.

It's something to hope for next year :).

I see what you mean about the stats, they need to stop people going up to 99 rated though.

Regarding the gamefaces, just having the Evo-Web team's faces would be enough :) I hope you guys do your gamefaces, i'll try to do mine! :D

I just had a thought about clubs - if you create a player who plays in a specific position and has suitable attributes, you will have to play in that position every game, I can see it getting a little boring for the defenders if they can never have their turn in midfield/up front... and I would probably get pissed off if the same people were playing as striker EVERY game (that used to happen on 09 clubs some days).

I'm hoping the stats don't make that much difference just little improvements for your player. Definately dont want you to be able to create a player for clubs thats 99 stats all over the shop......

As for earning the stats i think they will promote people playing in different positions... If you want to improve your defensive stats then you have to play at the back for a few games, wanna improve your shooting you need to go up front... I think you create an all round player not a left-back or a center mid....Fingers crossed anyway

EDIT::: Just had a horror thought.... How long until someone scans their arse for their face in clubs.... Do i really want to see someones arse celebrating..

Last edited:
I'm hoping the stats don't make that much difference just little improvements for your player. Definately dont want you to be able to create a player for clubs thats 99 stats all over the shop......

As for earning the stats i think they will promote people playing in different positions... If you want to improve your defensive stats then you have to play at the back for a few games, wanna improve your shooting you need to go up front... I think you create an all round player not a left-back or a center mid....Fingers crossed anyway

EDIT::: Just had a horror thought.... How long until someone scans their arse for their face in clubs.... Do i really want to see someones arse celebrating..
Yeah hopefully it works like that and you don't have to make your player just play in one position, I'm confident EA will come up with something sensible.

LOL at the arse gameface idea, I hadn't thought of that, that's something I could imagine Jay doing :LOL:.

Pot, Kettle, Black! :P
:D

One mistake in a post that long, not 3 in a single short post, and at least one in every other post ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I wanted to ask following the playtest, after a match is complete can we see all the performance stats for each player (such as passing completion, tackling, shots on target etc. etc.) as we could in Fifa08, or is it the same as Fifa09 where we can only see such individual player stats for the MOM?

ooh yeah, thats what I want to know?! I really miss that.

Does anyone know when the gameplay videos from Gamescom will start coming in? I can't wait to see this being played :)).

Doesn't matter mr Rob92 the English teacher. :APPLAUD:Allow going off topic about spelling mistakes :FAIL: Lets just discuss about Fifa 10?
If you hadn't noticed, half of that post was on topic as well, that one you just posted was completely off-topic, you fail yet again :FAIL:.

Does anyone know when the gameplay videos from Gamescom will start coming in? I can't wait to see this being played :)).

If you hadn't noticed, half of that post was on topic as well, that one you just posted was completely off-topic, you fail yet again :FAIL:.

Are you just replying to my post just to bash it all the time? What have i done to piss you off? Cant you just chill? Who said that your reply was 100% off topic?

Does anyone know when the gameplay videos from Gamescom will start coming in? I can't wait to see this being played

That sounds as if you just typed that in just to prove a point on how your posts are not 100% off topic when no one here said it was??

Of course your not going to see much if ANY gameplay vidoes tonight. Maybe tomorrow though. I would however liked to know what i did to piss you off.

Cheers rob, feel free to PM me to continue this discussion

Last edited:
I wish you'd asked this before I went. Didn't look. :(

Get spotted by other teams whilst playing

does that mean it has spectator mode?
I was thinking this. He didn't say "via stats" or "via leaderboards" (although a leaderboard was shown on the screen).

You never know.

My last worry is crossing. I need to see a gameplay vid of the crosses to calm my nerves. It really looks spot-on otherwise.

Now this is a cover that'd make me want to buy the game:

lawstudgay.jpg

WIP (not my work I should add) :)

The stuff about Clubs sounds fecking awesome! :.... Exactly what I wanted from the mode. Its upto you how you want to shape your player. Playing many positions will make you more of a "Gerrard" a man of many traits or you can just work in area's you want to and make the player as specific as you want :)) Will we have a PS3 Club on here?

P.S: Jonney before you ask "The future Only God know" ;)) just making sure if theirs other viable options

It's also gonna make people want to play well if you think about it.

Playing as yourself with your face scanned in and everything will increase your pride in your little avatar. You'll want to make sure not to lose the ball and will be just trying to get a passing game going to collect milestones.

It's perfect. I can't wait.

For those worrying about the stats on the Be a Pro players, take a look here:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...box-360/784989-virtual-pro-everyone-6ft9.html

Basically, your height and weight will effect your stats. Simplistically, Takla puts it as:

Less weight/height = more acc, speed, agility
More weight/height = more strength, aggress, jumping, balance

A player of maximum height will have at maximum 80-something speed (his says nothing in regards to weight).

Pretty happy with the answers. See for yourself :D

and also an answer regarding the 'semi' control setting feature on page 2. Mike Takla is answering questions. Oh EA. How is this the EA of a few years ago? How?

Also, in clubs, 'Any' is now a 1 person only job.

Last edited:
So when they say "Improve your player by completing over 200 on-the-pitch accomplishments", do they mean Global Challenge style um, challenges?

Anyhow, i love the fact that you can bring him over to MM, especially knowing the fact that you can't build the perfect player (tall and agile, for eg)

So should we be getting all kinds of vids today as the floor is open? Can't w3ait to see some HD gameplay vids, with hopefully some decent players.

@ Jonny, its discuss & Talk about....:P

Back
Top Bottom