FIFA 10

Chris is the Virtual thingy the new mode? I guess it is but wasn't sure, doesn't seem like a proper mode, more like a feature.

I would guess so, it's a new mode because you have to work for your attributes, you can unlock traits etc...

Licensing, I've read somewhere that the costs have gone up, and the economic crisis has made it worse.

On top of that there's less generic ones because of the time that next-gen stadia take to create. I'd like more generic ones more than I'd like licensed ones!

The short, low, hard cross at 5:55 <3

I also love the proportion of players to pitch size, I've never felt any football game has gotten that right apart from FM, there seems to be a lot more space in real life than in games. Looks like it's spot on this year.

Last edited:
great press conf. short and concise. it's a shame some guy keeps having an orgasm in that uploaded vid.

most important part of the vid for me was the dribbling and the shooting. both were great.

Feature-wise, i bet that it's very similar to last year with polish added everywhere. Virtual Pro is basically Be-A-Pro with more incentives. You can win more celebrations and pieces of kit. That will be awesome. Quite realistic too. The better you are the better your sponsor provides for you.

I just hope they have the kaka/lampard celo in the game. maybe the john cena "you can't see me" one too. :)

I hope having our own created players players in online clubs is done well... i.e. not letting people be 6'9 (maybe cap height at 6'2 or take loads of pace/technical skills away from taller players) with 99 speed/accelleration.

It will be more fun with the Evo-Web club having all of us on the club, with our faces on the players (some people might not want to show theirs though :P) and with the proper names, that reminds me, hopefully we can see the names of other people's created players - at the moment on 09 you just see "Created Player1" "Created Player2" etc.

I said last year I would definitely be up for clubs if you could create your own and be yourself rather than change teams every game. I also said it would be nice to have leagues and now you have regional leagues which is excellent.

So I'll be up for clubs this time around! :D

i'm deffo joining the 360version of Clubs this year with you evo-web guys. Last year i did it with mates and they just stopped. :(

Online will be so awesome this year with our own guys with custom accessories.

I hope they keep all accessories realistic. Otherwise it might ruin the feeling if the other team looks like a bunch of clowns.

Also, not sure about this, but I hope you can not see other teams custom faces, for the same reason as above, people will just make stupid shit. Seeing your own teams faces should be enough I think!

I'd love to see the other team's faces so that when I dribble around them and score I get to see them virtually cry.

But I don't think you'll be able to to be honest, they would have made more of it in the video. I don't think you'll even be able to see their names for privacy reasons, remember in FIFA 09 Ultimate Team you can only see your own name (the other player is PLAYER1).

guys in that conference vid, after he says you can "download your team mates faces into the game" check out the crowd celebrating the goal he scores at 4.29. :o the fans nearest the goal are going SICK. out of their seats and everything. go fullscreen on it. :o

i'm noticing load of little things. amazing.

Virtual Pro
http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/news/FIFA_10_Virtual_Pro

I don't know, seems pretty shallow. Still hope they actually did something with BAPS and not only made it longer, but way more realistic, really doubt it though because they would have mentioned it I think...

Edit: Anyone understands if the old type of Clubs is still in there or if the Pro Clubs replaced it? Seems like you create a player and assign a position to it. I hope it doesn't change stats too much, because I want to play at different positions from time to time.

Last edited:
Pro Club Championship
Take your Virtual Pro online and compete in EA SPORTS 10 v 10 Pro Club Championship. Clubs can join one of the 11 regional leagues, win trophies each month, as well as climb to the top of the overall World Leaderboard. Up to 50 friends can sign for a Club and once you’re in a Club you can also download your friends’ Game Faces.
WOW.

This is what I've been talking about when it comes to Clubs, let's have competitions instead of just pointless friendlies over and over, for a ranking position amongst thousands.

I hope there are cup competitions as well.

They probably haven't done it, but it would be so awesome if you could add faces to any generic player. Would love to sit down and make correct faces for my local team that is in the game. Maybe next year, I mean EA can only do that many faces themselves so why not let the community help them out?

If you create the player then they're not licensed so they *could* let you do that, but whether they *will* is another thing entirely (it would need some extra programming).

By the way, this is what I was taking about when I mentioned the top-down view of the 360 dribbling by the winger - this shows his path before he crosses the ball (sorry for the maHOOssive picture but it's not mine, I'm stealing it from the EA forums):

360o.jpg

Hey check out this great quote!
The growth system in place is also new; rather than grind to earn points to spend as you please your growth is based on how you perform on the pitch, for example you can only improve your defensive attributes by performing well defensively.

El sourco: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1014966p1.html

Edit: Seems like the GameFace is a little different too. He says it is on the web and not generated in the game and that it will therefore a little different (better) than fight night. Which is good because in fight night it is pretty crap to be honest. Some faces can be made good but most turns out shit even after tweaking yourself to death.

Last edited:
WOW.

This is what I've been talking about when it comes to Clubs, let's have competitions instead of just pointless friendlies over and over, for a ranking position amongst thousands.

I hope there are cup competitions as well.
That's great, our club could be doing alright in those leagues/competitions if:

a) There's semi/manual tournaments (not likely).
b) Assisted puts you at a disadvantage.

The bit about the gamefaces is good too, hopefully it's easy enough to get an accurate face done, I remember trying some face import thing on a Tony Hawk game, it looked more a mask :LOL:.
I'm reading between the lines here but surely if you can see other people's gameface, you should be able to see their names? It would be a bit shite on clubs if EVERY other player was a "Player1" "Player2" etc. apart from you, I wouldn't really mind if it was just the other team who you couldn't see the names of, it should just say "Cunt" anyway for 99.99% of players on clubs... that's what they were on 09.

@Gab, that sounds good, but isn't it a bit of a Catch 22? You need to perform well defensively to get defensive XP points (or whatever they're called), but to perform well you need good defensive attributes? I presume the "tackling" attribute still won't have much of an affect anyway because of the lack of individuality, on 09 Ronaldo or Ibrahimovic would have been good defenders...

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob: I don't think it will be a problem. You're not going to start of completely blank, if you select position as a defender for example you will probably start with like a value of 70 perhaps for most defensive attributes. So it's more about going from an ok player to amazing, so it shouldn't be that hard. What makes it good is that people that actually play as defender for example will be much better at it than people that only play up front. If you want to be an all round player then you have to play like one too. I think it's great.

And about the faces, I'm pretty sure it will not download other team faces. Could also have to to with the faces being stored on your console or it would be too much data going back and forward on their servers with the faces. I don't remember how it is on NHL 09 with the names. I think you see the other players gamertag, but I'm not sure. Like the name on the shirt is correct (you can set kit name to whatever you want), but over their head is just the gamer tag. Don't quote me on that though. And the commentators say the name you choose as commentator name (great for people like me that have their last name in the list!).

Last edited:
if only their was a manager mode/season mode for online play
1) Sentences start with a capital letter.
2) You used the wrong word, "their" describes something as being in the possession of someone, you should have used "there".
3) Sentences finish with a full stop.

/englishlesson

But yes, online manager mode would be a good addition, it could be like FM Live where you sign up and join a "gameworld" with a limited number of spaces, then when that one is full, people are added into another gameworld.

It's something to hope for next year :).

Rob: I don't think it will be a problem. You're not going to start of completely blank, if you select position as a defender for example you will probably start with like a value of 70 perhaps for most defensive attributes. So it's more about going from an ok player to amazing, so it shouldn't be that hard. What makes it good is that people that actually play as defender for example will be much better at it than people that only play up front. If you want to be an all round player then you have to play like one too. I think it's great.

And about the faces, I'm pretty sure it will not download other team faces. Could also have to to with the faces being stored on your console or it would be too much data going back and forward on their servers with the faces. I don't remember how it is on NHL 09 with the names. I think you see the other players gamertag, but I'm not sure. Like the name on the shirt is correct (you can set kit name to whatever you want), but over their head is just the gamer tag. Don't quote me on that though. And the commentators say the name you choose as commentator name (great for people like me that have their last name in the list!).
I see what you mean about the stats, they need to stop people going up to 99 rated though.

Regarding the gamefaces, just having the Evo-Web team's faces would be enough :) I hope you guys do your gamefaces, i'll try to do mine! :D

I just had a thought about clubs - if you create a player who plays in a specific position and has suitable attributes, you will have to play in that position every game, I can see it getting a little boring for the defenders if they can never have their turn in midfield/up front... and I would probably get pissed off if the same people were playing as striker EVERY game (that used to happen on 09 clubs some days).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom