FIFA 10

Closing comment from Eurogamer:

Frankly, though, they could take them out completely, and strip away most of the licences, and ditch the improved animations and player likenesses, and FIFA 10 would still impress. It's the ultimate testament to its transformation, in a sense, because what would be left is a similar vision to Pro Evolution Soccer during its heyday of a few years ago. It's hard to imagine that the finished game, which of course does include all of the above, will be any less revered: over dozens of matches between half a dozen cynical football fans across two days at EA Canada, there isn't a single dull game, and it's hard to recall a single pattern emerging - either as a result of the game, or of a player's lack of tactical imagination.

But then, as with the set-piece creator, appearances here are deceptive, and this is arguably the key to EA Canada's growing success over the last few versions of FIFA: the realisation that the guts of the game may not belong on the back of the game box, but that, once combined, they justify the front of it. They make the difference between a facsimile of football, and football itself, and selling football to football fans works. Five years after we expected little from the series, it's not shocking to discover that FIFA 10 is the best embodiment yet of that ideal.

The set piece creator will be amazing in the right hands.

But the chances of people abusing it are about 100% and it will fuck up online.

I've seen Rooney score with his left foot......

The way he scored that goal made you think think he was left footed.Lifting the ball up and then volleying it, it's always been a big concern for me in FIFA is that some players shoot or dribble so easily with their wrong foot.

loved the trailer

I keep watching it over and over again, it is so amazingly well done.

I hope the physical play also can lead to freekicks. Because some of those "shoulder to shoulder" looks questionable, would be a nice touch if you actually had to time these as well or risk a freekick against you.

Can't say I was feeling that trailer. It seemed to be made up of "look how many flicks, back-heels and volleys you can do!".

Also, if that was in game footage, night matches still look a bit crappy.

A lot of the camera angles in that video remind me of watching football on sky sports on a friday night. The dark lighting looks really really nice and has lost the plastic kind of fake feeling to it.

I actually thought one bit was real footage and they were going to show the gameplay after it as a comparison :LOL:

I wish we get a option to switch off celebration mode. Don't like it anymore... I think it's fair to people who wants it, and for those like me, won't...

Yes, but mate: the f*cking camera! It turns like hell if you score from 30 meters. You can't enjoy your goal... That's the problem mate, my problem...

Very good trailer. At one point when Cristiano Ronaldo scored I actually thought it was real life footage. Looks fantastic. :)

Back
Top Bottom