FIFA 10

I'm pretty sure Chris haven't played PES 2010 so how would he know? You normally don't buy a game because of its features, but of how it plays.

It's on the pitch where it REALLY matters and PES still has to prove itself there for me. I'm going to pick both up this year on day 1 as they both look like they have something worth checking out. Then after a few weeks I'll probably start to lean towards one over the other and trade one.

Hey Chris, it seems like all the premier features of PES have been reported. So now let me ask you, do you think PES can still be a better overall game than FIFA, and which would you buy if you had to choose one?

That's one helluave question you're asking him since he didn't play(IIRC) PES2010 so far.How do you want him to answer to that
If both games are good,I wouldn't be surprised if Chris gets both

Well I liked FIFA 09 so I would get FIFA 10 regardless of how PES 2010 will be, because I know it will be like 09 but better. I could still get PES 2010 too if I find it good (I think the latest versions very completely shit), would be great to have two games to play.

PES has a lot to prove to me. I will wait on that one to see what people are saying. The days of me getting a PES on release are long gone.

I'll try the PES demo, but I agree with CD, it will be so hard for them to get anything close to FIFA's real simulation.

Not to scare anyone but when I pre ordered Fifa10 from Shopto, I had to re enter my card details has it gets delete after a while. but 2 days later I got a call from my bank saying they have to block my card and issue a new one.

This was last month, so they might still be having problems or just a coincident

I'll try the PES demo, but I agree with CD, it will be so hard for them to get anything close to FIFA's real simulation.
That's the thing. I'm sure PES will be a good game to the guys who still enjoy Pro Evo's gameplay but it's pretty much confirmed from all the previews I've read (based on several builds) that it still, at its core, plays like PES. For years I was sick of PES, then FIFA 08 arrived and I fell in love with football games again.

I know the style of gameplay PES will have from years of experience playing it, and in my personal opinion, FIFA 10 slaughters it on the simulation front and the fun front too (because for me fun equals realism). But I understand that people still prefer the PES "brand" of gameplay and I have no problem with that. Quite the opposite - I'm glad that they're two different games.

That's exactly the answer I wanted. LOL, of course I know he hasn't played PES 2010, I expected a unanimous vote for FIFA because it seems like most hardcore PES fans already know which game they want this year.

Absolutely nothing mentioned about that and even if it had been we wouldn't be allowed to talk about it until 9am Wednesday under the terms of the NDAs.

I hope they'll do something about it as the initial idea is good but it was quickly boring to stop after 4 seasons and the hyper growth of stats made it too easy.Also some players would disappear during the season( when a player is injured or suspended it's as if he was banned from football for the entire season)

yeah that was annoying, i had rooney out for a whole season cus he got sent off, that should make it go on until your player has to retire, slowly decreasing his stats when he gets to 27 or something

Needs a lot of work BAP Seasons. I think it was a good first effort but I can see them totally avoiding it this year and adding nothing :((

IMO gameplay on the pitch should always be on top of the list when it comes to perfecting features of a footy game. If FIFA plays like a dream come October or whenever the demo releases I won't care about any mode except for exhibition or online exhibition. PES had me hooked from the first second because the game played so well for a PS2 game.

A quote from IGN's preview of PES: "Not that it pushes PES close to FIFA's level of realism. The pace may have been slowed a little from last year's game, but it still plays a considerably faster game than its rivals. Indeed, the argument about which game has the strongest foundations in realism has always seemed a little redundant – unless the team you watch plays their games under the influence of large doses of amphetamines, there's no denying that PES's games flourish real-life football with an otherworldly sense of speed.

It might undermine the authenticity of the action, but along with the subtly exaggerated ball physics what it does is create a game that's unquestionably the more fun of the two big football titles."

Seems a pretty broad statement that lack of realism, exaggerated physics, and ridiculous game speed is 'unquestionably' more fun? Unquestionably, unless the question is do you find realism fun.

Anyway back on topic thanks so much to all the boys for all the great information from their playtest of Fifa 10, fantastic stuff :)

I have a question that I don't think has really been asked- how are the set pieces? And I don't mean the custom set pieces, I mean in general, can you whip in a free kick, with players properly timing their run to head the ball in? On corners? This was nearly impossible in Fifa 09 (at least for free kicks) so I really hope there has been a noticeable improvement, even when ur not using a custom set piece.

Also the only thing which I am really disappointed by that no one has really commented on is player individuality- I saw that Tim7 said that other than speed and strength there wasn't that much individuality... did everyone else feel the same way? I would be really gutted if that were the case, for me that's always been one of the biggest and most important issues in Fifa...

Along the same lines can players actually mess up tricks now? If you do a flip-flap will everyone do it successfully 100% of the time? If you do it with messi will he do it with his left foot? Do good defenders position themselves better as well, as opposed to just being faster and stronger? Do they actually tackle better (less fouls)?

Thanks again guys :)

I'll be getting FIFA on release and downloading both demo's. Tbh I'm not that interested in PES. It was in IntensiveCare after PES360 and died with the PES2008 demo. It has added some good features to the MM (but a lot of them are already present in FIFA) and most of the previews actually talk little about the gameplay and mostly about the new featureset.

Generally its slower but still very much PES and too fast. And its still a lot of "fun", so to me its same old, same old. They have added some animations, but nothing in the previews suggest its on the scale of the hype in the pes thread.

@ Chris, can we expect any news from gamescon? Do you think they still have something up their sleeve (like Konami's superduper amazing earth shattering....."development curve" *sniggers*) or will it be the final build with lots of videos?

Back
Top Bottom