FIFA 10

Cheers mate, really glad to hear they've improved on point B, always seemed like such hard work just to retain possesion, no chance of holding it up as you'd just get pushed off the ball.

Honestly cannot wait now.

Yeah, please tell us about the Keeper kits. What fabric is used, does it look 100% cotton this year or have they incorporated Nylon?

Is the keeper kit clash with the other team fixed. If you could see their kit before kick off, even that would help.
In the tournament I played with spuds in their black kit and the ref was in black as well.

Didn't notice the keepers tho, they will probably fix things like that last.

Damn I missed a lot, can't read them all.

I also liked the quick freekicks, the player just runs to the ball no cutscenes

Chris, what was player swapping and selecting like on 2vAI...?
I didn't have too many problems but I wasn't looking out for it, haven't played 2vAI for a while now. I think it was MJ who noticed player selection was still a bit iffy at times, but using the right stick he said he usually managed to get the player he wanted.

I didn't have too many problems but I wasn't looking out for it, haven't played 2vAI for a while now. I think it was MJ who noticed player selection was still a bit iffy at times, but using the right stick he said he usually managed to get the player he wanted.
I hope they have tweaked it, it can get damn infuriating at times when even the right stick does Jack Tomlin... :RANT: ;)

I really hope you guys are correct about defending needing skill now, playing online against random people tonight I got so pissed off at how people can just get two players at a time to sprint at you for 90 minutes, both of whom can tackle at ridiculous/impossible angles, react instantly to any turns, push you off the ball etc... and don't get me started on the ridiculous ping-pong assisted passing which is IMPOSSIBLE to intercept (defenders literally watch it go over their toes).

It's killed the game online, it's worse than FIFA 08 was for it (I think 09 was a step backwards from 08, I really do), and to have a somewhat decent game on 09 now, you need to follow the simulation rules, which say you can't hold A to pressure, nor hold B to get an AI teammate to close down, so you end up moving your player round with the analog stick and getting walked past like a twat.
So even on all manual with simulation rules, FIFA 09 is a fucking awful game and I can't wait to see the back of it...

I still doubt FIFA 10 defending will actually need a lot of skill, I can still see double-sprint-pressuring being the tactic of choice for everyone online... (even people i've played from Evo-Web do it...)

We should be able to just go online, play a match and enjoy it like we did on PES5 without following loads of rules to have a realistic match, the only rules on PES5 I used to go by were; no cutbacking (passing across goal for a tap in) and no free kick bug (35-40m lay off free kick which lobbed the keeper)... other than those two things you could do whatever you wanted and have a fair, realistic game

I really hope you guys are correct about defending needing skill now, playing online against random people tonight I got so pissed off at how people can just get two players at a time to sprint at you for 90 minutes, both of whom can tackle at ridiculous/impossible angles, react instantly to any turns, push you off the ball etc... and don't get me started on the ridiculous ping-pong assisted passing which is IMPOSSIBLE to intercept (defenders literally watch it go over their toes).

It's killed the game online, it's worse than FIFA 08 was for it (I think 09 was a step backwards from 08, I really do), and to have a somewhat decent game on 09 now, you need to follow the simulation rules, which say you can't hold A to pressure, nor hold B to get an AI teammate to close down, so you end up moving your player round with the analog stick and getting walked past like a twat.
So even on all manual with simulation rules, FIFA 09 is a fucking awful game and I can't wait to see the back of it...

I still doubt FIFA 10 defending will actually need a lot of skill, I can still see double-sprint-pressuring being the tactic of choice for everyone online... (even people i've played from Evo-Web do it...)

We should be able to just go online, play a match and enjoy it like we did on PES5 without following loads of rules to have a realistic match, the only rules on PES5 I used to go by were; no cutbacking (passing across goal for a tap in) and no free kick bug (35-40m lay off free kick which lobbed the keeper)... other than those two things you could do whatever you wanted and have a fair, realistic game

Bang on. For FIFA now, me and my friends play with the most ludicrously long set of 'rules'. We play full manual, barely use A or B at all. Try to lay off the through balls - and if we score a goal we deem to be unfair (often) we score an own goal. It's a little over the top - but it's the only way it's enjoyable for me anymore.

The problem with FIFA 09 has always been the defending. It's a nightmare to do what you should be able to do easily and incredibly easy to do what is actually hard.

My only hope (as far as playing online's concerned) is that there'll be abundant enough people using manual settings for the new search filtering features to be effective...

Just seen a PES 2010 screen saying players away on International duty, has this been mentioned on here yet, or the question asked if it's in...?

That was in the ps2 versions. Tbh I would rather they didn't add that, all my players would be off playing meaningless friendlies f#$king up my preperation. :D

There is post from Gary Paterson in Fifa forums about game speed.
Quote Gary Paterson:

Game speed - so we still have the 3 speed settings, but by default here are some of the changes that will affect game speed and perhaps this will give you an impression.

- Pass speed:
Ground passes are slightly slower than in 09. Lob passes are much faster.

- Player Sprint Speed:
This is the same for the v.fast players but we made players <80 a tiny bit faster (to make CR a little less powerful)

- Player Acceleration:
This is the same as 09

- Player Positioning Speed:
For players in non-urgent situations this is slower than in 09 (you may have heard about our player urgency feature that looks to make the game more realistic by making players far from the ball behave more realistically)

- Dribble responsiveness:
This is a little faster than 09

- Shot Speed:
For players with high attributes this is faster than in 09, for all others its about the same.

Overall, my gut feel is that the game is a little slower than 09 but not as slow as 08. It's slower in the way that it makes you build up the play a little more than in 09 - first time passes are not quite as fast, CR and Torres cannot easily sprint away from players etc... so you have to play a little more tactically which makes the game feel a little slower. Again, perhaps the guys who have played can comment...

There is post from Gary Paterson in Fifa forums about game speed.
Quote Gary Paterson:

Game speed - so we still have the 3 speed settings, but by default here are some of the changes that will affect game speed and perhaps this will give you an impression.

- Pass speed:
Ground passes are slightly slower than in 09. Lob passes are much faster.

- Player Sprint Speed:
This is the same for the v.fast players but we made players <80 a tiny bit faster (to make CR a little less powerful)

- Player Acceleration:
This is the same as 09

- Player Positioning Speed:
For players in non-urgent situations this is slower than in 09 (you may have heard about our player urgency feature that looks to make the game more realistic by making players far from the ball behave more realistically)

- Dribble responsiveness:
This is a little faster than 09

- Shot Speed:
For players with high attributes this is faster than in 09, for all others its about the same.

Overall, my gut feel is that the game is a little slower than 09 but not as slow as 08. It's slower in the way that it makes you build up the play a little more than in 09 - first time passes are not quite as fast, CR and Torres cannot easily sprint away from players etc... so you have to play a little more tactically which makes the game feel a little slower. Again, perhaps the guys who have played can comment...

:ROLL: :DOH: Oh dear, should have been much faster for good players faster in general, this is one of the big gripes, how can they not have got this...

Not sure i like the sound of slower ground pass either...

:ROLL: :DOH: Oh dear, should have been much faster for good players faster in general, this is one of the big gripes, how can they not have got this...

Not sure i like the sound of slower ground pass either...

The biggest problem was that balls were too floaty and not necessarily slow (i'm talking about the shooting).

The biggest problem was that balls were too floaty and not necessarily slow (i'm talking about the shooting).

After watching live football again this week, they are too slow too Kouroux, you can get the occasional hard shot but they are mostly too slow; the floaty thing just compounds the frustration.

Maybe the superhuman reflexes of the keeper has a little to do with it too, you can hit some fantastic top corner shot in 09 and it seems as though the game has to make the keeper almost get to nearly every shot.
Where in real life he would not have the chance or the reactions in some cases to even move...

Would be nice if you could enable a "realism" switch on the camera, so it is more like on TV and not glued to the ball. Shots will look much harder if the camera isn't on it perfect from the start.

Don't get it from ShopTo, they'll clone your card and do all sorts of shit on it. Get it from Gameplay.com and you'll get it early.

Don't know if you also noticed this but for instance when a player makes a foul and the referee lets plays on in order to book him later, if we get by half time or full time the player is never booked.
Has any of guys who played FIFA10 noticed something like that by chance ?
This has been fixed! There was a bad tackle and the ref played on, the ball didn't go out and a few minutes later it was half time - the ref ran up the player and booked him :)).

The cloning cards wasn't to do with ShopTo, this has been confirmed loads of times.

Don't get it from ShopTo, they'll clone your card and do all sorts of shit on it. Get it from Gameplay.com and you'll get it early.

This has been fixed! There was a bad tackle and the ref played on, the ball didn't go out and a few minutes later it was half time - the ref ran up the player and booked him :)).

Damn, I got away with second yellows once or twice by keeping the ball in play till the whistle, did it in the FA cup final once and kept my top striker on the pitch for pens... :D

Back
Top Bottom