FIFA 10

Not to scare anyone but when I pre ordered Fifa10 from Shopto, I had to re enter my card details has it gets delete after a while. but 2 days later I got a call from my bank saying they have to block my card and issue a new one.

This was last month, so they might still be having problems or just a coincident

I have cancelled all my pre-orders and deleted my card.

There seems to be alot of talk of cloning going on at shopto and I just do not want the hassle.

Where can I order that is safe and will give an almost guarunteed early release??

I am putting my trust in argos this year. never ordered from them but got the game cheaply on pre-order.

They say it will be delivered by the 2nd, so here's hoping. taking the day off work, si t had better be here!

@ Chris, can we expect any news from gamescon? Do you think they still have something up their sleeve (like Konami's superduper amazing earth shattering....."development curve" *sniggers*) or will it be the final build with lots of videos?

They have a completely new mode to announce for one. Also all new features on their online modes will be revealed (Clubs for example). Something about BAP:Seasons I guess unless they completely ignored that mode.

As I understand Rutter will open up completely now and everything can/will be revealed.

EA Press Conference is this afternoon so expect some news late on today

Try play.com - My brother has once again been receiving new games from them on Thursdays for a few months now.

Just a bit of info for the people that ordered from Argos. I remember my sister pre-ordered her Wii from there back just before it was released because it was the only place still accepting pre-orders. She ended getting the Wii about 2 or 3 days before actual release, where as i, who ordered mine from game kept getting e-mails telling me i had to wait till after release.

Random bit of info, but basically, you could well get your game a day or two early.

FIFA set-piece creator will work online News

EA Canada has decided to let you use FIFA 10's set-piece creator in online matches after all, but may turn it off if people find a way to take the piss as they did with last year's Custom Tactics.

"We've set it up online so we can turn it off if we think it's not working out," creative director Gary Paterson told Eurogamer in Canada last week.

"We are going to release with it online, so we'll see how it goes, and if people are abusing it or if there is a way to abuse it, then we will have to turn it off. Which really sucks, because there's like 95 per cent of people who just want to go on there and have a football experience, and then there's like these other guys who just want to win at all costs, and be on top of the leaderboard whether they've cheated or not."

Asked whether the team considered letting people use it in custom matches, just not ranked ones, Paterson said they did. "That was the ideal, and we will definitely do that in future, but unfortunately we couldn't find the time [in FIFA 10's development schedule]," he explained.

Not that FIFA 10 is short on updates, as you will discover if you read today's massive, in-depth FIFA 10 hands-on preview. With Konami back in some sort of form with Pro Evolution Soccer 2010, also previewed this week, 2009's football game season is shaping up to be more competitive than ever.

Look out for our reviews of both games closer to their release dates (FIFA 10 on 2nd October, PES 2010 in the next few months). We'll also have more from our FIFA 10 trip, including a Eurogamer TV Show and some insight into less-celebrated aspects of the game like commentary, animation and technology, once gamescom is out of the way.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fifa-set-piece-creator-will-work-online

-

Eurogamer Hands On
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fifa-10-extended-hands-on

Another question, sorry if it has already been answered but it's difficult to read through this many posts.

How do the referee's issue warnings/bookings now without the cut scenes? Does it look better than before?

I'm still convinced EA has knee jerked on the speed and acceleration thing and FIFA 10 against the AI is going to be a catch up fest.
They seem to have a bee in their bonnet thanks to kids on line wailing at swift players being able to run away from their defenders.

If it ends up a ping pong fest where twenty passes in midfield is the only way to get through a side and with pace being flattened and counting for jack again I'll be pointing fingers at you whiney on liners.... *fingerpointing*

was this already posted?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/6029958/FIFA-10-video-game-preview.html

To say that EA's forthcoming football game looks promising is a chronic understatement; it looks absolutely amazing. The best thing you could say about FIFA 10 is that It's a massive improvement on its predecessor. This accolade is thrown into even sharper relief when one considers that FIFA 09 was the game that established EA's dominance over Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer franchise. FIFA 09 was quite simply the best football game of last year, and the fact that it hardly holds a candle to FIFA 10 is mind-boggling.

All in all, FIFA 10 is shaping up to be a vastly superior offering than its predecessor; to put it bluntly we're not sure if we'll be able to go back to FIFA 09 after playing it. It's true that we have yet to take a look at the Pro Evolution Soccer entry for this year, but right now EA's football franchise looks unbeatable, and unless Konami produces something really special, it looks like this will be the year FIFA 10 cements its status as champion.

Last edited:
I'm still convinced EA has knee jerked on the speed and acceleration thing and FIFA 10 against the AI is going to be a catch up fest.
They seem to have a bee in their bonnet thanks to kids on line wailing at swift players being able to run away from their defenders.

If it ends up a ping pong fest where twenty passes in midfield is the only way to get through a side and with pace being flattened and counting for jack again I'll be pointing fingers at you whiney on liners.... *fingerpointing*
Have you ever been optimistic once ?

Another question, sorry if it has already been answered but it's difficult to read through this many posts.

How do the referee's issue warnings/bookings now without the cut scenes? Does it look better than before?

Throw-ins yes, non-quick free-kicks yes, quick free-kicks no. They just put their hand on the ball and kick it.

It's mainly when it comes to refereeing decisions you notice it, and the new animations as well. I remember the first time I took someone out, the referee came running over and I was thinking, he's off - then he starts aggressively motioning "no" with his arms (half-folding and opening them quickly if I'm explaining it right).

Sometimes the camera will "zoom in" to a situation, but it's not the same every time. So sometimes a yellow card will be given in the playing view, sometimes it will zoom in and you'll see the player's reaction up-close - NOT A CUT-SCENE, just a zoomed view of the animations of the player/referee.

And now it really is time for bed because I can barely see the screen. Hopefully I'll sleep this time. ;)

Have you ever been optimistic once ?

:THINK: I'm sure I was, once, maybe... :D

I'm just concerned at the number of times this has been brought up and I'm certain it's an on line issue as I have seen no sign of it playing over 20 odd full MM 15 season campaigns. It's another on line issue that's going to effect off line play, because of twelve year olds wanting auto catchup... :CURSE:

On the positive side..
There are masses of thing's I'm more than happy with in FIFA and even PES this time, we just need to be vocal about the issues we have with other areas and things that have not been corrected, to make sure EA and Konami for that matter know simple tweaks are not going to cut it anymore...

Last edited:
Looks like the photo thing from Tiger Woods is in, all looks good except for Rooney scoring that goal at the end with his left foot.

That is how you do a fucking trailer!

Virtual pro? I like it *blinks at Chris*

Hey now! Goal keeper save with the foot, I never saw that in 09.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom