FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Do we create our own players in 10v10 clan? or do we have to use the Ronaldo's and Rooney's ?

it is a shame but only a minor one, that we cannot have our own created player and stats generated from the offline mode

maybe next year

fifa 09 on the whole is going to be such a huge upgrade of 08

none of this little tweak each year, this has been upgraded in every area it seems (bar manager mode, but we get kind of an online manager mode, but with real humans)

it is all about multiplayer for me, and aslong as the servers can hold up, be stable and are smooth then i am in for a treat like many of you lot

so your practically saiying that lets say my clan is real madrid we will use for example raul, but not a created player. which also means that raul will have th same stats as any other real madrid

i hoping they mean you start at the same level statwise and build stats as you go along cos im sure clans level up

You create the look of your player, add the detaills like name,age etc but all the stats will stay the same.

i just play euro 2008 demo. the game play is very different form FIFA08 as far i can tell,and nicer too. but the flaw is the frame rate is obviously drop in certain cut scenes. i hope in FIFA09 this can be sorted out. at least i hope :LOL:

i just play euro 2008 demo. the game play is very different form FIFA08 as far i can tell,and nicer too. but the flaw is the frame rate is obviously drop in certain cut scenes. i hope in FIFA09 this can be sorted out. at least i hope :LOL:

It will be a nightmare if isn't... Especially the dynamic camera bug :brick:

Played euro08 again at the weekend and was surprised to see a couple of "new" 09 elements already present. The new collision system seemed to be inplace but less advanced; I noticed a late tackle hitting the trailing leg and the player being able to steady himself and continue running, two players colliding for a ball with the weaker falling to the ground. I was surprised as I hadnt noticed it before and thought it was new for 09. Seems they have finetuned it / made it more noticable.

so your practically saiying that lets say my clan is real madrid we will use for example raul, but not a created player. which also means that raul will have th same stats as any other real madrid

thats how i have read it

if that was the case i would imagine that forwards would be the same, wingers the same, midfielders the same and defenders the same for both teams

but a difference between what position

Last edited:

I'm going with ShopTo, nearly always getting me my game on the Thursday. Funnily enough the one they didn't get me on time was Euro 2008 :LOL:

1. why is mutu "murgu" in the game?

2. i'll be extremely pissed off if theres no way we can control how we want to attack and defend at set pieces

If each clan is based on a real team and you have to use a player based on a real one, at the same time you can have up to 50 players in the squad. Then it will be a lot of Rauls on the field at the same time.
I really cant see this as being the case, even though this is how you can read the article on IGN. Ive read the answer several times, but its really a very strange answer.

They basically say that we all use players at the same level, and it is not possible to level up. That doesnt have to mean that every attribute is the same for all players. I hope they really mean that it is the overall attribute level that is equal for every player. The overall attribute level that is a number in fifa today (for instance Fabregas has overall 88). That again translates into a certain amount of attribute points that is divided on the different attributes.
It will pretty dull if all players is equally fast and strong. I would think that the player creation for clans is similar to the player creation in CYC.

EA will hopefully release better info in the near future.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure we'll be able to create an online BAP player, just we can't use our offline player with the stats accrued offline.

When do you guys advise trading in Fifa 08 and Euro? I play Fifa loads still, and can even see myself playing it up until the day before release to get me hyped up, but if i traded it in on the day the trade in price would be next to nothing i assume. I remember when i traded Fifa 07 in when i bought 08 i got about £6 for it.

some great things shown in that vid above. my goodness.

the stand-out stuff was:

- the player getting injured then leaving the pitch and waving to come back on!
- the new shielding animation looks sick and you can pull it off easier too from the looks of things!
- also the ronaldinho trick and goal at the end :o

so many new animations!

Last edited:

Looking at the vid just reminds me how the best fifa players will get the best out of the game. They'll get to see the improvement on the tricks, passing, shooting etc because they put more into trying to create a goal (at higher levels and against tougher opposition).

Most of the vids we've seen so far have been played by newbs to the game/series (you can tell) and so we've not seen the best of it as of yet.

With the demo coming tomorrow, we'll see for ourselves. Hopefully it's a build that closely resembles the final build/release.

eg command how many and which players to go inside the box for a corner kick

Right, no I doubt it, but you can use the tactical options to have more players go in the box, same as in Fifa08 you could use "Defence Attack" and have one or two defenders go up for corners/freekicks.

check out the adidas logo on the net duding the ronaldinho goal. :D)

Might take tomorrow afternoon off :))

Edit: Booked it off, afternoon of FIFA demo for me then :))

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom