FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

I like the "panic defence". I would love to see the shielding in a real video, but noone has used it yet as far as I know. Most people just pass and shoot. Also another thing is letting the ball between your legs. I guess I'll have to wait for the demo to finally see it.

Another great vid!

Guys, if you were thinking of getting a console just for this game, what would be the best/cheapest option? Would an Xbox Arcade be ok?

Any advice would be appreciated as I'm not clued up on consoles (being a PC gamer *ducks*)

Arcade should be fine I imagine yep. 360 Arcade's are pretty cheap nowadays :TU:

i can't wait for this game the sad thing is i start my new job tomorrow i'm so pissed. I never expected this game to be the step up that it has become so many features and improvements if only they sorted the manager mode i could probably see my self playing this and only this for the next year .

i can't wait for this game the sad thing is i start my new job tomorrow i'm so pissed. I never expected this game to be the step up that it has become so many features and improvements if only they sorted the manager mode i could probably see my self playing this and only this for the next year .
a new job shouldnt stop u from playing fifa09

"You a look at it, and say that's football"

BANG. that sentence just sums it up. Fifa 09 is going to be the best football game ever, you can see by that the EA team have done, trying to make the game as realistic as possible I can't wait for thursday to try it out for myself.

It is looking fantastic, it really is.

Fair play to all them still adamant PES is going to be better, but they must be looking at these Fifa vids with envy.

"You a look at it, and say that's football"

BANG. that sentence just sums it up. Fifa 09 is going to be the best football game ever, you can see by that the EA team have done, trying to make the game as realistic as possible I can't wait for thursday to try it out for myself.

Right before that they mention authenticity. And right after that you see Cech kicking the ball with his right leg... :lol:

During Manager Mode will Champions League games be played at night as they are in real life?
JG – Unfortunately, this is not actually a code limitation as much as a stadium limitation. Not all stadiums in the game have a night time light condition as it making lighting conditions for each stadium takes some time to put together. And since the User could potentially play any team in the game (stadiums assigned to home team), the condition would vary between day and night depending on stadium. So for sake of consistency, all matches are during the day since all stadiums have daylight.

Every MM is daytime STILL? Lineups not changing? Lazy!

:TD:

As long as we dont have to play at the same stadium every single MM game I'll be happy to play all games through the day, for now.

However it hasn't even been confirmed whether they have rectified the stadium issue yet!!

I asked Suff to try and get confirmation on this because it's contrary to things he said he was told directly by EA. And obviously I was royally pissed off to read that as well, I didn't want to mention it here when I read it a few days ago in case it was bullshit and I was reacting over nothing.......

yes thats whats worrying me i hated having to use nearly always same home stadium in mm , dosnt sound like we can assign a stadium in edit mode heard nothing on this yet

As long as we dont have to play at the same stadium every single MM game I'll be happy to play all games through the day, for now.

However it hasn't even been confirmed whether they have rectified the stadium issue yet!!

I've not read anything that confirms this. There will be a lot more generic stadia this time around, but what worries me is that every team in the Premier League will use the same generic English stadium, every La Liga tam will use the same generic Spanish stadium, etc etc.

A simple option in the editor to assign home grounds is all that is needed.

it would've been nice to have CL games at night with some rain or snow.
let me guess, rain or snow won't be auto-generated to the region and time of year in which your match is in.

Last edited:

EA's lazyness to rectify simple issue's is "mindboggoingley" frustrating.

As Jamezinho mentioned a simple option to assign the team's home stadium, would be absolutley perfect.

Yet EA can spend time on silly issues such as defining a players ankle tape colour!

If what they say about night lightning in each stadium takes a lot of time there might not be night games in 2010 either. If they're going to spend a lot of time on that they need to see that many people really cares about it.

I do like the part with aggression and tackles though, hopefully it's not just PR talk.

I don't understand why night lighting is such an issue. EA designed about a dozen new stadia from scratch for Euro2008 and all had great night lighting.

My lord that video is awesome. I know Konami are from a different market and therefore things are well, different in terms of marketing and creating hype - but just by releasing that video FIFA has impressed me to no ends. They're not perfect, but they're genuinely trying and passionate about it too.

Re: Cech's goal kick - how bloody hard can it possible be to mirror image hte right footed kick? Eeesh.

I'm sure that the Cech kick will be rectified by release.

Because it is down to the editor to assign his chosen foot. :))

So we have to manually change our Champions League matches to night time then. A bit cack i must admit, but this never really bothered me in 08 as it only takes a few seconds!.

Disappointed with that.

But on 08, every time i had a CL game, i would quit manager mode, quickly create an exhibition match at night time, kick-off, kick the ball out of play then quit the game and go back to manager mode. The game was then played at night time.

I hope that glitch is still on '09.

Disappointed with that.

But on 08, every time i had a CL game, i would quit manager mode, quickly create an exhibition match at night time, kick-off, kick the ball out of play then quit the game and go back to manager mode. The game was then played at night time.

I hope that glitch is still on '09.

You know you dont actually have to go to the game dont you?. If you just change the setting to night, then quit and load up your manager mode, your game will still be in night time!.

Back
Top Bottom