FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Placebo you should have given DJ spelling lessons before letting him post news "Yet More Video Gameplay!!" :LOL:

Thanks yous placebos. :))

Thanks yous binghams. :))

wow, 10 v 10 and online leagues sound AWESOME. wow. the team ranking will be addictive. it's a shame this will be packed full with quitters. :(

excellent concept though.

Last edited:

The thing about 'same attributes' isn't very clear.

Does he mean that every single 'player' on the game is exactly the same? So there's no difference in players?

Just downloaded the NHL 09 demo, not a bad game, even though I don't like hockey all that much. But I see the half time in the demo is 5 min. This is very promising for Fifa 09 to have a decent match time.

Unless of course your player gets a red card and then they will exit the game and have to sit and watch

cw is fucked then :LOL:

i like the sound of that, as it will stop people being sent off for hacking so much and you still get to watch the match if you do :EASY:

p.s
Rutter: Our vision for FIFA 09 Clubs was to create a structured, organized system to support user run clubs within FIFA this year where you have the ability to create a club in your own name, recruit friends or players who you have played online and know are good players, into that club to represent you like a kind of Clan.

we deffo have clans :EASY:

The thing about 'same attributes' isn't very clear.

Does he mean that every single 'player' on the game is exactly the same? So there's no difference in players?

Hopefully 'the same attribute level' means that everybody get the same amount of skill points, that they can use as they like on the different attributes.

This is nothing less than a little football game revolution :EASY:
And even better, I see Rutter hold the same visions about the future as I do :DD

The only question is, will this game mode be stable!??

Clans are in then?! :DANCE:

Looks like creating your own club does require having a manager though?

Edit: Yep, manager is confirmed. There you go Coopz, laughing when manager was mentioned ;))

Rutter: We expect a lot of people will want to participate in FIFA 09 Clubs so we have set up 15 divisions each comprised of 100 Clubs. When you begin you are unranked in any of the 15 divisions. The more wins you get, the better your team plays and the more games you play the faster you will climb up the ranks progressing from Division 15 to ultimately the highest Division 1. However, it is not based solely on winning games to accumulate points. We have a complex formula that calculates points based on each individual player's performance on the pitch. So when you have 10 players on the pitch representing your Club each individual performance contributes to the team's point total. Winning teams accumulate points and losing teams have points deducted also based on how their individual players performed

Yep, "FIFA 09 Clubs" says to me it's definately in. I like how the promotion works by assessing individual players stats and going from those ratings.

It's also interesting that all the players have the same stats, not sure if that's good or bad though.

Now this mode is confirmed, my excitement is bubbling over, I can't bloody wait now! :w00t:

Last edited by a moderator:

Clans are in then?! :DANCE:

Looks like creating your own club does require having a manager though?

Edit: Yep, manager is confirmed. There you go Coopz, laughing when manager was mentioned ;))

Yep, "FIFA 09 Clubs" says to me it's definately in. I like how the promotion works by assessing individual players stats and going from those ratings.

It's also interesting that all the players have the same stats, not sure if that's good or bad though.

Now this mode is confirmed, my excitement is bubbling over, I can't bloody wait now! :w00t:

shit i just wet my pants;))

it is a shame but only a minor one, that we cannot have our own created player and stats generated from the offline mode

maybe next year

fifa 09 on the whole is going to be such a huge upgrade of 08

none of this little tweak each year, this has been upgraded in every area it seems (bar manager mode, but we get kind of an online manager mode, but with real humans)

it is all about multiplayer for me, and aslong as the servers can hold up, be stable and are smooth then i am in for a treat like many of you lot

it is a shame but only a minor one, that we cannot have our own created player and stats generated from the offline mode

maybe next year

fifa 09 on the whole is going to be such a huge upgrade of 08

none of this little tweak each year, this has been upgraded in every area it seems (bar manager mode, but we get kind of an online manager mode, but with real humans)

it is all about multiplayer for me, and aslong as the servers can hold up, be stable and are smooth then i am in for a treat like many of you lot

This could be the first year I spend more time online than offline playing a football game.

Sounds like I have to get Live Gold again!

Would be nice if manual players got + points for using manual. I guess manual players can get together though to form a team with like minded, but still.

Does it mean that a team with 3 people will earn less points for their team than a team with lets say 8 people? I mean if they both win their games. I really hope it's like that because then more people will see how important it is to have defenders too. Otherwise I see alot of teams with only 5-6 players with no defenders and a couple of "All" instead.

And I think equal attributes is great, this will show who the best players really are and not who's in control of the best player.

Edit: I wonder how people that play "All" will be rated? Or is the rating for the virtual players and not the individual controlling them?

regarding the player stats remaining the same for every player and being able to create your own club

do you think we can still use our own player that we created offline and use him in the team for example

Wank King makes a player offline, sticks King on his shirt and then gets offered a place at said club

will he then be his own player or will he take the role of a professional player instead?

I guess we create our own players. It would be stupid if you only could choose existing clubs. Imagine all the Man United teams and so on. Would be boring. I rather see Team Wank and such, gives it more personality.

Edit: Imagine all the clan videos that would pop up if they only let us save to HDD first and then upload when not in an online game.

Last edited:

I guess we create our own players. It would be stupid if you only could choose existing clubs. Imagine all the Man United teams and so on. Would be boring. I rather see Team Wank and such, gives it more personality.

Edit: Imagine all the clan videos that would pop up if they only let us save to HDD first and then upload when not in an online game.

yea, lets hope

he did mention that we would be able to upload highlights etc in the future, i think madden does that now

it is looking good for the future anyway as they are placing the foundations now and will build apon it

even without the clan mode in fifa 09, i believe it is a suitable upgrade from 08, when you think of all the changes they have made to it (forget euro) and now we have the added bonus of 10v10 clans

fair play, just hope the servers are not their fall short

Am so excited, i cant read the bloody interview

[biggie]it was all a dream[/biggie]

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it (no-no-no-no-no)
I know, I know, I know, I know
I know I want you, I want you

:DANCE:

Gay moment of the week, presented to you by evacuate.

Back
Top Bottom