FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

I was there the first day, the FIFA presentation was only the day after. After a quick lookaround I left, it was crap. I spoke to the EA staff that were setting up demo pods and they told me that it was almost certain that FIFA09 would not be playable in the event at all, so I left with my mind on 9/11...

Only 3 days to go... :)

Ah i see thats rather gutting :((

The FIFA 08/09 podcast continues to answer the communities questions. To make things easier for you we've got a list of the previously answered questions for you and will be adding any additionaly asked questions here. If you have any questions for the podcast then you can ask them here!

Have any changes been made to reduce the online lag during a game? – Luckydude
Yes, lag free will be vastly improved but some lag may occur depending on your server location.

Will injuries online require the player to be sub'd off like they do when playing offline? - Chelsea2008
There are no injuries during online gameplay to prevent players from being unable to use their favorite players

Has the point system been adjusted to reward those using weaker teams? - footy125
Users will be rewarded for beating players of a higher rank. Also, with the addition of adidas Live Season, the team stats will change depending on real world form making the best team to use determinant on who’s in form in real life.

Can you enable/disable online chat during a game? – hammertime
Yes, you can choose to mute or unmute users during Online Team Play games.

Online leagues were a fantastic introduction into the FIFA series, but needed plenty of work. Only being able to specify an odd no.of games for example (1,3 etc). So will we see any improvement here? I'm thinking of stat tracking, bookings and suspensions. – Mikeeboy
There was stat tracking last year but based only on player and not the user stats. Next week’s announcement will reveal major improvements to our online play and stat tracking.

I'd like to know if FIFA 09 can do online 2 VS 2 or must it be 10 vs 10? – funhairbrush
Yes, in standard Be A Pro: Online Team Play you can play with anywhere from 1-vs-1 to 10-vs-10.

10 v 10: So many people have started threads for team mate, but does anyone know if you will be able to join a lobby and pick who you want to play with and not be random? – giddydrunk
Next week’s announcement will reveal major online feature upgrades

Be a Pro Clan support: What’s the likelyhood of this being in the final version then?? – lucas191092

Can I have a link to the podcast.

Just as one thought the hype couldn't grow more they say they'll announce major online features next week. Let the speculation begin!

Am definitely keen on the demo. As someone that skipped out on Euro 08, I think I'm going to be pleasantly surprised by the upgrades in FIFA 09's gameplay. As one of the minority focused on the single-player experience I'm slightly concerned by the lack of AI tweaks, but hope that the overall experience will be less frustrating. Two areas for me are key, and should be easy to fix (i'd of hoped!)

1. Just read IGN's review of NHL 2009, and they comment on playing in the minor leagues being a totally different experience than the pros - sloppy passing, poor shooting, even poor skating. This is something FIFA 08 failed miserably on. When I had a cup game against a div 2 team, they played just as well as Chelsea. It made me question if the stats were even used at all.

2. I think I've sussed the manager mode 'difficulty' slider: it just determines whether or not your shots are saved. On pro mode it's almost impossible to score without a cutback/open player in the box. And it bores the hell out of me now. It's so clearly scripted, and I know I can just play online to avoid this, but I don't get why they'd build that in. Make it harder to create chances, not finish them!

If they fix just those two things, I'll be hooked for another yaer!

2. I think I've sussed the manager mode 'difficulty' slider: it just determines whether or not your shots are saved. On pro mode it's almost impossible to score without a cutback/open player in the box. And it bores the hell out of me now. It's so clearly scripted, and I know I can just play online to avoid this, but I don't get why they'd build that in. Make it harder to create chances, not finish them!

You must be playing a different game to me. I've player 13,000 minutes of manager mode and the game is not as you describe.

yeah..i've just manage setting up USB modem with my ps3. cool. can't wait for the demo..!

shiiit!

so we may even see this clan support yet..this game would be such a huge upgrade on 08 if that is true

take note konami

You must be playing a different game to me. I've player 13,000 minutes of manager mode and the game is not as you describe.

Don't you find in single player it's just ridiculously hard to put shots into places the keeper can't get to? Unless I'm massively open, I almost never score how I want to (eg, bottom corner or whatever)

Typically a 1-1 draw of me vs computer has the shots on target of about 12-1 in my favour, but every keeper seems to save their best days for me! I know how to score and get around it, but it just feels forced after a while. There should be a chance of scoring from anywhere, even if it's slim. I don't get that feeling very often against the CPU.

It's interesting that there's still online features to be announced though! I'm really hoping the clan/team feature is in :DD

Does/will anyone actually use the "PRO" camera on Be A Pro: Online/Seasons ?

I've tried so many times to get used to it, but i can't. I find myself hardly getting touches of the ball, and when i do - i loose possesion. As soon as i switch to the TELE cam, i start stringing passes together easily.

Use Tele cam mate, Its a nice feature EA have put in but its not user friendly it just looks good.

Don't you find in single player it's just ridiculously hard to put shots into places the keeper can't get to? Unless I'm massively open, I almost never score how I want to (eg, bottom corner or whatever)

Typically a 1-1 draw of me vs computer has the shots on target of about 12-1 in my favour, but every keeper seems to save their best days for me! I know how to score and get around it, but it just feels forced after a while. There should be a chance of scoring from anywhere, even if it's slim. I don't get that feeling very often against the CPU.

Nope I score fine. What setting do you have shooting on? I play on Semi and have no real problems, some matches I don't score, some matches I score a few, as is realistic. This on Professional with default Sheffield Wednesday players improved by experience. I almost never score cutback goals.

10 v 10: So many people have started threads for team mate, but does anyone know if you will be able to join a lobby and pick who you want to play with and not be random? – giddydrunk

Be a Pro Clan support: What’s the likelyhood of this being in the final version then?? – lucas191092

At least Keepers can get sent off, that was the stupidest thing ever to leave out

"Next week’s announcement will reveal major online feature upgrades"

Quote of the WEEK.

im right there with u....
the part u said: `make it harder to creat chances, not to finnish them!` is perfect for me.
i aways felt like that in all my time playing 08 manager mode...
semi pro and pro became toooo easy, but on world class all my goals would come the same way...pretty much how u described it. that killed the game pretty much for me.

Back
Top Bottom