FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

It's funny how the gameplay looks much better in your FIFA 07 clips. Everything is so sluggish in 08 and with weak and slo-mo shots. I never played FIFA 07 but the shots looks way better in that even if I suspect they might be a little more scripted.

It's such a huge different between FIFA 08 and 09 judging by the videos. Can't wait to try it out.

evacuate fifa 07 on the 360 everything was worse! other than cut scenes were far better in that game

I know you were talking about the ps2 version but still the ps2 engine was 20x worse

@ Tim,

D-pad lets me have a sharpness of turning and movement that I find lacking with analog. Sure analog gives greater overal freedom of movement and is great for longballs, but player movement and reaction is just slower for me. I had it with PES aswell, so its not a question of reaction times imo, its just what feels more instinctive.

nice video of the goals. how did you get the clips if you cant save them to HDD?

Normally i capture the goals with my video card, but i dnt have the time for all that editing right now, so i just upload them to EAsportsworld and download them, Then convert it.

@ Tim,

D-pad lets me have a sharpness of turning and movement that I find lacking with analog. Sure analog gives greater overal freedom of movement and is great for longballs, but player movement and reaction is just slower for me. I had it with PES aswell, so its not a question of reaction times imo, its just what feels more instinctive.

NO NO, the D-pad lets u score those crazy goal on the fifa07 part of my video :LOL:

Gameover in 09, goals galore

is there confirmation of what time playstation network updates. Want to get demo asap before the whole system crashes. I would appreciate if everybody here waits til i have downloaded it as not to overload the network. I will let you all know when it is free.....thank you! :)

Sure, np Wildster. I'll be at work anyway :(

@ Blaccat; you mean the dribble one?

Never been a dribblemeister, play a passing game. ;)

I hope they have made the manager mode like the psp version of Fifa 08. Just little changes that make the transfers, and therefore the game, so much better.

is there confirmation of what time playstation network updates. Want to get demo asap before the whole system crashes. I would appreciate if everybody here waits til i have downloaded it as not to overload the network. I will let you all know when it is free.....thank you! :)
PSN store updates at 9am or 4pm UK time

Sure, np Wildster. I'll be at work anyway :(

@ Blaccat; you mean the dribble one?

Never been a dribblemeister, play a passing game. ;)
I play passing game to but curling the ball is way easier with the d-pad

look at the first goal by anderson on the fifa07 part and the last rooney goal

If you willing to wait until end of October/early November then you can get the official Sony PS3 bluetooth headset which will be the best one out.

can anyone suggest a headset for the ps3?
I suggest u wait for the official PS3 bluetooth headset out next month

2825606372_0d871ee08c.jpg

* The headset will feature “High-Quality (HQ) mode” with PS3. In this mode, the headset will take advantage of advanced voice technologies and noise cancellation techniques to provide clear and wideband voice input to the PS3. The HQ mode will ensure a much better voice chat quality on the PS3.
* HQ mode will also enable accurate speech recognition required to support or enhance ‘Voice Command’ and ‘Voice Animation’ features. Voice Command was originally used in SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs for PS2 to administer the AI-controlled teammates using the WHO, WHAT, and WHERE format (example: Bravo, Attack, Nav Point Zulu). Voice Animation refers to the in-game character mimicking you during voice chat. With HQ mode, these features can be enabled on a much larger vocabulary in select PS3 games.
* PS3 will display an in-game status indicator exclusively for this headset that will show the headset’s connection status, battery charge level, speaker volume level and microphone mute status.

systemdisplay.png

* Tired of wearing the headset during a long multiplayer gaming session or is your headset battery running out of charge? Just dock the headset in the supplied charging cradle, and the headset will work as a desktop microphone while charging.
* Last but not least, the headset will automatically pair with the PS3 by connecting with a USB cable.

also

* Background noise cancelling using two microphones
* Acts as directional microphone when placed on charging stand
* Pairs with cellphones

Yep, that's what I'll be getting.

Don't know what I'm going to do with the old one though, I only got it to use on the PS3. :eh:

Cheers did you go to event in end Airjoca ?

I was there the first day, the FIFA presentation was only the day after. After a quick lookaround I left, it was crap. I spoke to the EA staff that were setting up demo pods and they told me that it was almost certain that FIFA09 would not be playable in the event at all, so I left with my mind on 9/11...

Only 3 days to go... :)

hey i just bought ps3 for this game. waiting for the demo! anyone here know any brand of router that can work with usb modem type? thanks!

I haven't played FIFA much and have one question. How is the shooting in FIFA? Is it possible to have manual control in your shots? I mean if I have a player with 99 shooting ability does the ball go 99/100 exactly where I aim with my stick or how does the shooting work?

I haven't played FIFA much and have one question. How is the shooting in FIFA? Is it possible to have manual control in your shots? I mean if I have a player with 99 shooting ability does the ball go 99/100 exactly where I aim with my stick or how does the shooting work?

Your timing, positioning to the ball and curve also come in to play. If you're shooting a controlled shot with the inside of your right foot you'll have to aim more right to the target. But if you're to close to the ball you might hit it more with inside heal which would make it go even more left than you aim. I thinks it's a pretty advanced and life like system that makes it hard to shoot exactly where you aim just like in real life.

Back
Top Bottom