FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

will there be occurrences of subtle and wild deflections from long distance shots and free kicks off walls that result in freak goals, near misses etc? i havent seen anything that shows this off in gameplay videos

The ball physics are fantastic even in 08 so yes freak goals do occur.

Hi,

Are you sure that wheather (rain and snow) are include in Fifa09 ???

Becoz we never see any video ingame with this.

Ea will forgot this in final build ?

Hi,

Are you sure that wheather (rain and snow) are include in Fifa09 ???

Becoz we never see any video ingame with this.

Ea will forgot this in final build ?

they will be in the final build, they have confirmed it

Almost every aspect of FIFA gameplay has been altered or tweaked in some fashion, things that I can think of that I have yet to mention include:

1. Swerve Passes – good players will swerve some through balls to avoid the defender

2. Net Physics – has been tweaked to give a more satisfying bulge and recoil more realistically

3. Ball Physics – Has been tweaked to give more realistic in air behaviour, plus the addition of rain and snow effects

4. Through passes – Have been improved to assist the user and create some spectacular plays

5. Combo dribble turns – skilled players can perfrom very quick, fluid combinations of turns

6. Skill Moves – more responsive also new moves have been added

7. Outside of the foot shots

8. 100s of new Animations

9. Lay-off free-kicks

10. Custom Team Tactics

11. Slide Tackling – improved targeting logic to make them more useful

12. Jockey Pressing – a new feature which allows you to contain a possessor instead of diving into a tackle

13. Player Reactions – players will react to the plays, applauding or criticizing or pointing for passes

14. Referees – refs and linesmen are actually part of the game

15. etc…

Last edited:

sweet. obviously you can tell i dont play fifa, but ive been told that there's "flood the box" option (from a friend who plays fifa) when you're say 0-1 down and desperately trying to snatch a draw in the dying seconds. im assuming this will be in 09. so when you use flood the box, how many players will do just that?

another query i have is in regards to long throw ins. how effective are they? is there an attribute that dictate which players can execute it?

There's no flood the box option in next gen Fifa08, you could adjust the attacking emphasis on the fly though.

Players do have a long throw stat, and personally I find throw ins work well (although some people complain), the problem is you can't choose who will take your throw in, so even if you have a player with a long throw it could decide that instead Peter Crouch will take the throw instead of trying to get a nice flick on from the throw.........

Placebo, can you mirror that new video?

would be nice :)

The slow mo youtube vid? Sure I just didn't bother cos the quality looked shite :)

will there be occurrences of subtle and wild deflections from long distance shots and free kicks off walls that result in freak goals, near misses etc? i havent seen anything that shows this off in gameplay videos

Yeah the ball physics engine in Fifa08 was IMO unparalleled in terms of representing the kind of subtle deflections you see in a real football match, it's really light years beyond PES IMO in that regard, I don't have many such replays saved but here's a quite funny goal I scored from a deflection:

YouTube - Fifa 08 Leon Clarke goal v Newcastle

Sounding better and better...

Today was my second day here at the EA studios. The first thing I did was a meeting with the PC FIFA producer Paul Hossack, he told me about all the things they have been doing to this new version, as I have mention before one of the very best features is the new graphic engine that makes the game looks better than ever, it just look amazing.

Another feature is that now when your goalkeeper is on the floor with the ball you can press the sprint button and he stands up really quickly and continues the play so you can make a great counter attack, not like FIFA 08 where you had to wait until the keeper stands up and you loose you chance to make a good play; also a new thing about the keeper is that when he has the ball, you can tap the pass button twice and he will make a fake throw, I think these makes the game more fun.

Another good point is collisions - they now look very realistic. It’s like if the player that has the ball is in a weak position and the defender is running at him and they crash the player with the ball will fall to the floor and the referee will call a fault against the defender. Now the players will protect the ball, like if Adriano has the ball he can protect the ball until he finds free space to create a chance, a thing that for example Messi could not do because he is not as tall or strong like Adriano. The referee is also a new addition to the game and also his assistants; they add lots realism to the game.

After this meeting I kept playing FIFA 09 on the 360 with the EA team and I tried to use the custom tactics a lot, in my next blog I’ll be talking more in deep about it, but as an example y made my team to play with risky passes asking my players to find the sapace across the field, this made my defense to get really crazy and at the end I lost the game 3-0. You can have four different tactics in the game and change them with the D-pad, this is great because you can change your game style in just a second be really defensive or put all your man attacking in just a second. After that we went to eat something.

After the lunch I had a meeting with Christophe Labrune, the Producer responsible of Be A Pro. This year you can play four seasons as a professional player or you can create you very own player, the better you play in your club will make the manager from your country to call you and play internationals games and even you can play the world cup. I think is one of the most interactive and funny features of FIFA and now you can play 10 vs 10 online, if last year playing 5 vs 5 was cool, this will be madness.

Another thing about Be a Pro Seasons is that you can choose to play or simulate the game and each game you gain experience to improve your player skills and each game you have three goals to complete and if you do it you gain more experience some kind of goals are like score two goals in a game, win the game, have a 8.0 or more rating, etc.

After playing a Be a Pro with Christophe it was time to met Sebastian Enrique who is responsible for making some of the new animations of the game. He is from Argentina so I had the chance to talk in Spanish with him.

The game has a lot of new reactions, the players now ask you for the ball when they see an open space or when you send them to a run, if they are close to you the ask you for the ball with their hands down this looks pretty cool, also the defenders when they are about to get a counter attack they ask the other defenders to return to their positions, now when you hit a player he can get mad or also if you miss a good chance in a very important moment the other forward scream at you.

The referee assistants also react to an offside play and the defenders to they ask the referee with their hands up to call the offside. After Sebastian showed me all the reactions in the game we talk about soccer, he told me he is a huge fan of the team Tigres back in Argentina.

After the meeting I had the chance to play the PS3 version for the first time, I felt the game faster maybe is because I am used to play on the PS3 but I felt like the players respond very quick, I just played one game but I hope to give you more details soon. Well that was the end of the day for me here at EA, on my next blog I will be talking more about the Custom Tactics.

Does anyone know if you can switch clubs in BAP season mode? I believe I've read something about that somewhere. That you may start your career at a smaller club and if you're good bigger clubs will want to buy you.

Bump!

I'm pretty sure I did read something about this... But maybe it was in the early stages?

Last edited:

Another thing about Be a Pro Seasons is that you can choose to play or simulate the game and each game you gain experience to improve your player skills and each game you have three goals to complete and if you do it you gain more experience some kind of goals are like score two goals in a game, win the game, have a 8.0 or more rating, etc.

Confirmed :((

we talk about soccer, he told me he is a huge fan of the team Tigres back in Argentina.

Tigres are in Mexico though?

Last edited by a moderator:

Quote:

Confirmed

U doesnt like this ? why ?

Because some of the goals are stupid things like "have three shots", "Don't be offside" really contrived stuff which is extremely immature and silly.

Because some of the goals are stupid things like "have three shots", "Don't be offside" really contrived stuff which is extremely immature and silly.

Do you think if cups are in Beapro seasons ? (fa cup, copa del rey etc..)

What he said.

I want to play the match how I want to play it, not how the game tries to dictate my play.

Our manager tells us to get as many shots on target as possible during a game so I dont think that is a daft target. Also staying onside is advisable too :-)

What he said.

I want to play the match how I want to play it, not how the game tries to dictate my play.
Yes its real irritating, i played the PS2 version and its annoying but u still get experience points tho not just as much as u would if u completed the goals

Interesting about the PS3 version's speed being faster. Makes me question why the PS3 version always differs from the 360 in games.
it depends on the game speed the user selected in the game settings

Slow-Normal-Fast

I think people intentionally look for differences and can sometimes fool themselves into thinking SOMETHING is different.

The slow motion video is impressive. This game is looking so damn good, can't wait for tomorrow (hopefully the LHC won't have killed us by then). :DD

Up to 10 players on a Club can participate in a single game and Clubs are able to play multiple games simultaneously if they wish.

That's a good feature.

Also nice to see the demo has a few teams in it.

Back
Top Bottom