FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

some great things shown in that vid above. my goodness.

the stand-out stuff was:

- the player getting injured then leaving the pitch and waving to come back on!
- the new shielding animation looks sick and you can pull it off easier too from the looks of things!
- also the ronaldinho trick and goal at the end :o

so many new animations!

Ronaldiho trick is in Euro :)

But WOW at that video, it seems we have a lot of tricks up our sleeve to create some of the best footballing moments ever available to be seen on a football game :)

I might actually spend some time and perfect some of the tricks. I never did that in '08.

a couple of useful tricks might make my game a bit better...when used in the right situations :DD

I might actually spend some time and perfect some of the tricks. I never did that in '08.

a couple of useful tricks might make my game a bit better...when used in the right situations :DD
Executing tricks in 08 werent that fluid or responsive, but in euro it was far very to pull off a trick to go round your opponent, especially the goalkeeper. it was damn near impossible in 08 to go round the goalie.

So 09 should be even better

did anyone know how to perform the celebration in euro 2008? i mean what to press and what time to execute it. i keep pressing the R1 R2 button but nothing happen.

Is it definately gonna be released tomorrow? I cannot WAIT to get on it. Im gonna be recording every 2 seconds like I did with the 2008 demo :D

Can't see it not being released tomorrow, PSN usually updates on a Thursday so it'll tie in with that.

Well XBOX Live just made a massive "boo-boo".

I went to download Beijing 2008 Demo and what did I happen to see.....FIFA 09.

Clicked to download, got to 2% then my 360 crashed.

Turned the console back on, and it had vanished.....grrr.

I'll be astonished if the demo isn't released tomorrow, its obviously ready to go up.

I'll be astonished if the demo isn't released tomorrow, its obviously ready to go up.

If your download speed was supernaturally fast, you'd be plaing Fifa 09 already

Are you sure it wasn't the HD Trailer for FIFA09?

This thing happened for alot of demos always day before it flashes up dummy test maybe.

I would laugh if someone managed to download it one time.

Some great animations and a messy write up of what i saw :LOL:

from the off i like how players reach out and try to grab and push the player with the ball, shielding looks very realistic. While that back attempt looks amazing i hope it don't happen often, collisions looks even better in slo-mo. You see the urgency they mentioned with the cut back interception and i bet you can silde in to do this as well and wipe the player out at the same time :LOL:. Even more realisim with the player waving to come back on and moaning about tackles

all in all the animations just flow brilliantly

There is gonna be alot of videos on here tomorrow if thats anything to go by :))

Can someone please post the YouTube link for the new video, thanks.

I wont be able to download it immediately :(

My Gold membership i bought off ebay hasnt cleared the bank yet :(

no worries, create a new account and you should get 1 month gold for free :) download the demo and then you can access it on any profile

Right, no I doubt it, but you can use the tactical options to have more players go in the box, same as in Fifa08 you could use "Defence Attack" and have one or two defenders go up for corners/freekicks.

sweet. obviously you can tell i dont play fifa, but ive been told that there's "flood the box" option (from a friend who plays fifa) when you're say 0-1 down and desperately trying to snatch a draw in the dying seconds. im assuming this will be in 09. so when you use flood the box, how many players will do just that?

another query i have is in regards to long throw ins. how effective are they? is there an attribute that dictate which players can execute it?

i am so excited! i can't wait. again,what is the time the Europe psn usually update? i'm gonna match up with my time zone to see whether i need to sleep or not :LOL:
Jamezinho: thanks , but mine is demo of euro20088. there's no such thing as a list of celebration

will there be occurrences of subtle and wild deflections from long distance shots and free kicks off walls that result in freak goals, near misses etc? i havent seen anything that shows this off in gameplay videos

Back
Top Bottom