FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

um... not sure anyones pointed this out, but remember the uproar when pes took out the fans when the ball was in play because it was affected the gameplay/graphics.... well look at the crowd in chelsea arsenal vid. no front row, and when they get near the corner and in one of the replays its a bit in and out.

to be honest the game looks great but 2 concerns i noted were, on drogbas goal defenders are doing that thing when they dont try and cut an angle across to a player running through, they just run straight across then when he goes past they kind of face back up to the pitch and break off that way, 2 or 3 of the defenders do it and it looks ridiculous, regardless of if its on semi pro.

also the celebrations look pretty ludicrous, one man runs off with 4 behind him, then they stand 5 metres behind to watch, then all just jog off. i still dont feel like a game really has recreated the ecstasy of scoring an important goal, its got to be an instant eruption/reaction from the crowd and a seamless link into the animation.

Would be great if they let us pick difficulty level in the demo so we can see if the bad AI in the videos is because of Semi pro or if it's just general bad AI.

fifa09uc7.jpg

PS3 boxart.

fifa09uc7.jpg

PS3 boxart.
That's not official is it?

The 360 boxart would be the same as the PS3 surely, and the official one is all over the place now in the UK (see FSB for a picture of it).

It doesn't have the Premier League logo on the bottom right either.

That's not official is it?

The 360 boxart would be the same as the PS3 surely, and the official one is all over the place now in the UK (see FSB for a picture of it).

It doesn't have the Premier League logo on the bottom right either.

Most dutch shops use this template for on there website. It might be fake because of the old shirts on it.

Does anyone else think EA should make the pitch a little bit bigger?

I have just been playing FIFA 08 offline and Im finding it difficult to exploit width for my wide players (playing the old 4-5-1, 4-3-3 when attacking system). I just think it needs to be stretched a tad.

I've been thinking this for a while but never give any thought because playing online gives you more space around the park, but reverting back to offline has made me think about it a little bit more.

I love all the different scoreboards, nice touch!

There's something about the knockaheads in that though that look a bit... Off?

The stumble animation looks as irritating as always. Every time someone stumbles it looks exactly the same, stumbling forward a couple of steps. They should make them different, sometimes only a much shorter stumble and not such a long irritating scripted one, but one were you can turn back again faster. I mean just because you lose the ball in real life you don't have to stumble, you should be able to win it back faster unless you get shoved away.

FFS why get wank people to play it?

Hes in the clear for a shot at the end and the tit presses cross instead of shoot

I like that video alot more than the other 2 vs the CPU though, less chances and harder to break down. I feel for the people who play the CPU if them other vids are anything to go by

FFS why get wank people to play it?

Hes in the clear for a shot at the end and the tit presses cross instead of shoot

I like that video alot more than the other 2 vs the CPU though, less chances and harder to break down. I feel for the people who play the CPU if them other vids are anything to go by

The other 2 videos were on Amateur and Semi Pro level though.

Yep, at one point it looked like the video was missing a couple of frames.

Hopefully it was, as it was far too fast and far for my liking.

Love the grass in the new vid, just hope they get rid of those daft FIFA ads from either side of the goals.

I.m one of those net lovers and i like the look of the new net physics, but on watching the Lyon v Marseille & the Chelsea v Arsenal don't you think the nets just suddenly stop moving rather than gradually go back to their original shape?

What I find strange and off about the knockaheads is that you don't see the player actually pushing the ball forward ahead of him while on the run. In other words, there doesn't seem to be an animation for this execution as the player knocks the ball ahead of him. Hence the odd look.

I was thinking more the way that the ball stops really quickly, like a cueball with lots of backspin. It does look a bit off. People are saying you see this in the PES videos when a player simply sprints with the ball, that the ball stops dead after each knock forward. It just looks weird.

EA taking it's cue from the editing community, albeit WE/PES editing.
it was just last year that hex-editing scoreboards for WE/PES was big.
Konami take heed.

btw, for MM enthusiast, hopefully EA at least added or improved the cup winning celebration/cut-scenes from EURO 08. it was anti-climactic in FIFA08.
and hopefully the celebrations are shown at the point when you mathematically clinch the league, instead of at the end of the season :DOH:

I was thinking more the way that the ball stops really quickly, like a cueball with lots of backspin. It does look a bit off. People are saying you see this in the PES videos when a player simply sprints with the ball, that the ball stops dead after each knock forward. It just looks weird.

Except it seems more prominent in PES.I noticed it on the general running animation when they are just running with the ball, you can see its got that old football tied to the boot animation.

At least FIFA has the feeling of it being alot more free whilst running and controlling it, however, I do agree that the knock-on looks weird.

I dont tend to use the knock on that much anyway, apart from the odd time when you need to create space in a tight situation. Its always going to look shit playing someone who continually just knocks it down the line for 60 yards for the cross.

played correctly and the game plays like real footy, despite its little offline and online niggles.

Funny you should say that because I feel the ball runs more free now. There is more chance to mis-place a pass and I really like that.

Maybe I will notice more about the ball physics when I get my hands on the demo.

5 more days to go.....ouch.

Back
Top Bottom