FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

I totally agree with the seamless football thing, I hate the pauses and cutscenes whenever a ball goes out of play. I usually just hammer buttons trying to skip them and end up wasting the freekick, goal kick or throw in I was about to take.

i dont mind if it pauses when the ball goes out for a goal kick but the rest should be seamless.

btw has there been any mentioning of what online modes there is besides 10v10? are we going to have a proper online league structure or is it the same crap has last time where there is no points system and GD stats?

I think it's called a silly gimmick feature put in so they have something to spam PR about and attract the kids.

As you gather it's something that I personally find pointless and silly :)

That celebrations thing is swinging me towards PES.

That's how much I hate the feature.

I take it you 2 aint played CYC then?

On that with your mates the Interactive Celebrations are brilliant because you score and you do you own celebration like you would in real life so it bring you more into the game

But when your in control of the whole team the whole realism element is lost so the celebrations mean fuck all

I like interactive celebrations (although be better if players had signature celebrations) as Coopz says good against friends but there should be option to turn it off for people who dont want it. :))

The celebrations work well in Madden although in online games some people feel like your rubbing salt into their wounds.

When I have just been on the end of a fluky rebound goal what I don't want is some 10 year old screaming down the mic "Whoo Ah Bitch take that", and seeing Torres running around giving me the wanker sign for 10 minutes.

and seeing Torres running around giving me the wanker sign for 10 minutes.

:lol:

That would be great wouldnt, two fingers up to the crowd, bend over and show your arse, etc. They should add those

CeleFowler_468x578.jpg

I like the celebrations. Skip em if you don't like them. When I score on Coopz, I need my man to do a little trash talking, celebration style.

You aint gonna score ;))

I could do a flip in Euro but could never land it so he fell on his arse everytime :LOL:

Speaking of sound, I noticed the crowd sound when you score is a lot better this year. In some of the videos it sounds exactly like the crowd noise in FM when you score - recorded in a real ground and really, really loud.

Speaking of sound, I noticed the crowd sound when you score is a lot better this year. In some of the videos it sounds exactly like the crowd noise in FM when you score - recorded in a real ground and really, really loud.

Got an example? I havn't really noticed that. Most of the videos seem to have background noise so you can't hear much from the game.

I noticed it most in one of the last videos, I'll have a quick look, watch this post for an edit.

EDIT: The sound overall is much improved in this video, try turning the monitor off and just listening to it. It sounds exactly like it would on Match of the Day (bar the commentary after 30-odd seconds). But the bit I'm referring to is the Chelsea goal on 3:46 - that sounds a lot better than in FIFA 08 to me.

YouTube - Fifa 09 Gameplay Chelsea v Arsenal Jeux Video

Last edited:

Fifa and all football games lack that "go on" or kinda loud gasp part when your team is creating a chance
Agreed, although annoyingly it's perfect in Football Manager. The game knows there's a chance coming - obviously FIFA can't see into the future because you're in control, so it's not as easy - and the crowd make that noise. The "everybody stands up and gets ready for a goal*" noise.

* - Does not apply to Tranmere

Fifa and all football games lack that "go on" or kinda loud gasp part when your team is creating a chance

I'll tell you something though - FIFA 96 on the Megadrive used to have that! Terrible quality of course, but it's the thought that counts.

I used to think the crowd sounds were great at the time.

Another welcome addition I would like to see is a variation of attendance in the crowd from both the home fans and the away fans.

For example if Newcastle are playing away then traditonally they will fill it. If wigan are playing away then they may not fill the away end.

Further example being Wigan can't fill their ground at home.

This could then be linked in with the crowd noise to determine whether both sets of fans should be loud or not so loud.

Maybe im being too fusy, however I would love a football sim to be as real as possible :))

Another welcome addition I would like to see is a variation of attendance in the crowd from both the home fans and the away fans.

For example if Newcastle are playing away then traditonally they will fill it. If wigan are playing away then they may not fill the away end.

Further example being Wigan can't fill their ground at home.

This could then be linked in with the crowd noise to determine whether both sets of fans should be loud or not so loud.

Maybe im being too fusy, however I would love a football sim to be as real as possible :))
PES had that. you coudl chose how many supprters for the home and away side there could be

In fairness I think that's a good point, PES lets you choose a few things whereas FIFA has it all "locked in" - which wouldn't be so bad if they got it absolutely right, but they haven't all of the time.

It would be good to have home attendances affected by your team's performance, which is what happens in the PES ML. So when you're in Tranmere's league position, you're getting Tranmere's attendances, i.e. a blind man and his dog. Covering his eyes with his paws.

The goal sound does sound a bit louder on that vid Chris, but why do they still have the stupid delay in the crowd cheering. When Drogba is running there should be the "COME ON" sound then surely the crowd should cheer as soon as the ball crosses the line. Stupid delay

The goal sound does sound a bit louder on that vid Chris, but why do they still have the stupid delay in the crowd cheering. When Drogba is running there should be the "COME ON" sound then surely the crowd should cheer as soon as the ball crosses the line. Stupid delay

lol! You guys are too picky, but I agree with you. The right ambience sound at the right time really makes a difference and sucks you more into the gameplay.

I just hope when a Spanish or any other country team apart from the Scotland, USA and Ireland ones score a goal, the crowd don't "say"* YEAH!

*I don't know a better word to fit in the sentence :-pp

I'd like to see a dynamic crowd that can react to the game as it happens.
Booing players who have injured one of their team or done a few too many nasty tackles. Quick example - Ferdinand hacks down Torres in the first 10 minutes of the match... for the rest of that game the liverpool fans would boo the crap out of him every time he has the ball.

I don't think it would be too hard to add - just add a simple positive or negative rating for each player that changed depending on what they do during the game.

That's a great idea! You should submit it to EA :)

It would be good to have home attendances affected by your team's performance, which is what happens in the PES ML. So when you're in Tranmere's league position, you're getting Tranmere's attendances, i.e. a blind man and his dog. Covering his eyes with his paws.

That's already in Fifa08 dear boy ;))

Be mid table and below and your ground is half empty, be doing better in the league and thus higher up and your ground is fuller :)

Do we know if the option exists in manager mode for a mate to take control of a team or is this still locked to the computer?
I don't suppose its gonna be possible to set up a league with your mates controlling other clubs either.Thats the one mode that I wish could be made available.

Back
Top Bottom