FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

That is so piss poor..but oh well, at least you will have all CL licensed teams.

Thank goodness we have an alternative with great gameplay and fully licensed clubs this year.

first up, there will be a fully licensed Champions League mode featuring the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United!

I hear there’s a decent chance the demo will be from a later build because it will have some added licenses i.e. proper boots, adboards etc. We’ll see.

I’ll get onto Konami tomorrow morning to try and get confirmation.

adam from wenb maybe he won't be using its the leipzig build excuse afterall

That is so piss poor..but oh well, at least you will have all CL licensed teams.

Thank goodness we have an alternative with great gameplay and fully licensed clubs this year.

The fully licensed alternative is the reason that you can't have more than two Premiership teams licensed fully in any other game. The exclusivity means it's a great license to have from EA's point of view. :)

(Yea, you will probably now you say to me that you haven't said any of the things I think you said, but well, we have different opinions about that then)

I think we also have different opinions on what makes a good football game. I have no idea why anyone would by the old FIFAs... they were shit compared to PES.

But if someone bought the old FIFAs and enjoyed them, it makes sense that a person like that would enjoy the now more arcady PES.

I am happy Konami got the license now EA will focus on 1 game for a whole year..... or we will see a Road To World Cup Game (I would prefer to see) as that means 100's of countries!

I think we also have different opinions on what makes a good football game. I have no idea why anyone would by the old FIFAs... they were shit compared to PES.

But if someone bought the old FIFAs and enjoyed them, it makes sense that a person like that would enjoy the now more arcady PES.

When I was younger I loved buying FIFA + PES

Fifa for playing the cpu and manager mode and scoring 40 yard goals

and then PES with my mates for some serious competitive gaming and to fill that ego of mine

and as I was usually round my m8's for hours each day pes got way more play time

sweetkilla, what did you think of that xbox review. It seriously was negative. Im asking as i know you have played fifa09?

As I said earlier it was a joke as far as I am concerned they think be a pro is a waste of time online and people will always ball hog etc there the idiots who play with randomers what else do you expect lol!

play with people you know and play competitively on gamebattles for example and that mode becomes the life source of fifa no joke!

as for their complaints like fifa not having nba's live season it tells you they were not even playing a finished build of the game! and probably had a month old build which will be nothing like the finished version so some complaints they felt/had may have been sorted already!

I still think their opinions were a joke and it was way way way better than the pes2009 build I played at Leipzig! Adam from WENB can say it doesn't show the game in its best light but that pes2009 build was at 70% the fifa build I played was at 80% and fifa was far far better for that extra 10% and with my above post where adam hints that the pes2009 demo may be a newer build it seems both demo's will probably be at the 80% mark#

decide for yourself I guess! but fifa is my cup of tea and I will be playing the pes demo alot also!

As I said earlier it was a joke as far as I am concerned they think be a pro is a waste of time online and people will always ball hog etc there the idiots who play with randomers what else do you expect lol!

play with people you know and play competitively on gamebattles for example and that mode becomes the life source of fifa no joke!

as for their complaints like fifa not having nba's live season it tells you they were not even playing a finished build of the game! and probably had a month old build which will be nothing like the finished version so some complaints they felt/had may have been sorted already!

I still think their opinions were a joke and it was way way way better than the pes2009 build I played at Leipzig! Adam from WENB can say it doesn't show the game in its best light but that pes2009 build was at 70% the fifa build I played was at 80% and fifa was far far better for that extra 10% and with my above post where adam hints that the pes2009 demo may be a newer build it seems both demo's will probably be at the 80% mark

well i suppose we will all be able to judge next thursday for ourselves. cheers!

yeah indeed.

PES fans will prefer pes2009

those who preffered fifa 08 will prefer fifa 09!

simple as that really nothing to really make you switch imo!

pesfans are too stubborn :P they wouldn't change if fifa 09 was exactly like pes 2009 with fifa graphics and commentarry etc and layout :P

You know what would be nice? to see the player run behind the goal to celebrate/hug with the fans. That woul be Ace!

Oh boy, next Thursday seems far, far away...

I am happy Konami got the license now EA will focus on 1 game for a whole year..... or we will see a Road To World Cup Game (I would prefer to see) as that means 100's of countries!

Yeah I agree it could very well be a good result for Fifa fans :)

As for the review, as I wrote on the EA forums:

Those that can, develop games, those that can't, review them bitterly ;)

i like the fact that you start out in the reserves team i also hope these reserves carry over to the manager mode

one thing i give pro evo2008 are the goals and the way the celebrations are handled. Fifa's nets and shots have caught up imo but the slow mo replay of your celebration after couple of replays of the goal itself, is awesome.

love it.

saying that, i love scoring against a mate and doing the hush celo. :lol:

You know what would be nice? to see the player run behind the goal to celebrate/hug with the fans. That woul be Ace!

Oh boy, next Thursday seems far, far away...
The real FIFA wont allow EA to include that bcos its illegal in football, players get booked for it atleast in the EPL they do.

Same reason why they can't include diving

The real FIFA wont allow EA to include that bcos its illegal in football, players get booked for it atleast in the EPL they do.

Same reason why they can't include diving
You say that but the guys who have played FIFA 09 have said guys like Drogba go down "very very easily" and win a lot of fouls, so... I think they've found their own way of including it without pissing FIFA off.

I think I am one of a very small group who actually likes the little celebration feature, I enjoyed doing some of the celebrations in the Euro 08 demo :).

you should do your celebration and once your celebration has ended in real time the closest players to you at that time just go nuts with you...

I think I am one of a very small group who actually likes the little celebration feature, I enjoyed doing some of the celebrations in the Euro 08 demo :).

I think it's a really good feature. It's easily skipped past too, so I don't see why those that don't like it make a big fuss about it.

i was losing 3-0 once and some guy was doing about 100 backflips and sh*t. i wanted to hit someone... or something. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom