FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

o and about the videos it tells you the settings they were playing in and the lyon game the keepers were on amatuer explains how the goals were conceded :P and I was wondering why the goalie was shite for a second

Chelsea vs Arsenal (Semi-pro)
Lyon vs Marseille (Amatuer)

Last edited:

Amazing how good the Chelski vs Arsenal look even if it's played by a retard and with bad AI on Semi-pro.

I like how Czech manages to get up pretty quick to take the second shot. I think it's just a little bit to slow yet but it's a huge improvement from 08 and Euro.

AI looks bad but it's on Semi so that explains it. Really wish they played on World Class which usually is the most realistic AI without to much cheating as the highest level has.

Still can't believe they actually listened to us and made the nets better. Well done EA, well done.

I look forward to watching the edited versions of those new videos :)).

I like how players make more of an effort to stay onside, and to get back onside!

I look forward to watching the edited versions of those new videos :)).

I like how players make more of an effort to stay onside, and to get back onside!

Other than adding a disclaimer people can't steal them and converting to wmv there wasn't much editing required ;)

Although the Arsenal v Chelsea one has to be split as youtube only allows 10 min videos and it's 59 seconds too long :(

That Chelsea-Arsenal video looked really great! Too bad they played it on Semi-Pro though... Looks like Samir Nasri has a generic face which is no fun for a Gooner like myself :)

If the world ends before I get my hands on this game I'm gonna be pissed in hell with the devil making me sit there with my shirt tucked in, and have to watch him score never ending PES cutbacks.

That was a night match?! I thought it was a dusk one. Good news if it is then as I hardly saw any dark patches.

Yeah I thought it was a dusk match aswell. I hope it is a night match. But why cant they just keep the night lighting like Euro 2008!? It was fine why go back to the FIFA 08 style?

what time do they normally stick the demo up

will it be midnight on 11th or morning time.

i recall fifa 08 was about 10am (could be wrong)

For PLAYSTATION Network the European store usually updates any time between 12-5pm. For Xbox LIVE demos are usually put up anytime between 8am-1pm.

Watched to new videos with sound on for the first time. I noticed the commentators still is pretty faulty. When Czech saves they say it's a corner kick. Doesn't really bother me though because I always turn commentators off.

The sound is pretty good otherwise, nice atmosphere with the chants and all.

A lot of the commentary in those vids was copy and paste from Fifa08, I'm really hoping it's just that Jeux had access to a very old build.......

Damn, it looks like they havent fixed the shooting and they brought back the dpad

= goals galore in 09

blaccat your coming to alot of conclusions like a said at the top post 1 game was vs amatuer and another vs semi pro and if your a half decent player your going to beat cpu 6-0 + on those difficulty levels.

I think the shooting has been improved alot! (from actually playing it)

A lot of the commentary in those vids was copy and paste from Fifa08, I'm really hoping it's just that Jeux had access to a very old build.......

I never use commentary myself. I just mute them and put on some nice metal when playing PES5. Also, in FIFA08 the swedish commentators were a pair of Swedes that does commentary on CL matches and such. They did pretty good for a first time, but I still can't stand them.

I always listen to the commentary, I like the whole real match atmosphere, as if I'm watching a real Championship/EPL match on the TV :)

Wasn't impressed by them videos at all

Looks like a speeded up 08. I saw the same 08 goals, turns and tackles in there

hey guys was thinking about the be a pro four seasons and was thinking that it might be long enough cos you won't be simming any matches so you'll be playing pre season friendlies the actual league your in champions league any domestic compettition and internationals. i think you'll probably find that one season alone will take forever to finish

True, it should last a while. And then it'd be fun to start again in a different position too I suppose.

hey guys was thinking about the be a pro four seasons and was thinking that it might be long enough cos you won't be simming any matches so you'll be playing pre season friendlies the actual league your in champions league any domestic compettition and internationals. i think you'll probably find that one season alone will take forever to finish

I never sim manager mode matches and play 2x10 min halves :)

I will play be a pro quite a bit as I try and turn myself into a Spurs Legend :P

shame they won't have ea sports league this year or some similar clan like feature (unless announced in a few daye) just gotta hope for next year i suppose then there will be some serious incentive to play be a pro

Back
Top Bottom