FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

terry, gallas, cliche and denilson looks AWESOME on the close-ups.

they've definitely reowrked the faces. i'm playing 08 right now and terry looks barely anything like him (or that!). wow.

hope they've done Pavlyuchenko.

How do the magazines get the review copies so early? As they have it, is it the case that all the major websites have there review copies also but wont put up the review till near release date?

Sorry about the earlier outburst fella's.

The world is full to the brim with political bullshit as it is, we dont need it taking over the world of our hobby.

I just could not beleive what I was reading, it was like something out of a fascist magazine.

You can see 09 is hugely different to 08 and definately superior to Euro, to read that was like listening to my primary school teacher telling me if i dont eat my greens then I'll never grow up to be like my Dad.

Totally insulting and a complete embarrassment to any form of journalism.

Stay clear of that rag.

I think your outburst was warranted, Dr Force. There was a definite pro-pes agenda in that review and they made no attempt to hide it. I don't like being told that too much realism is a negative thing, and that gritty midfield battles do not reflect real football.

I'm hoping this review is just a one off and we see some more rational journalism in future. But as I said a few pages back, I fully expect Fifa09 to get 8's and PES2009 to get 9's across the board. That seems to be the way the gaming media wants it to be, regardless of the quality of the two titles.

I honestly believe some of these reviewers put on FIFA and instead of thinking "right this is not PES so it will feel different so I cannot play it like I play Pro" they sit there playing and say "Yeah that was kinda good but this just doesnt feel like Pro"

My mates say this all the time..

Last edited:

Didnt even mention about the speed slider yet he said "Running speed has actually slowed slighty our dreams of hitting between 08 and PES 08 go unfufilled once more". ?

Boys, I've got bad news for you, the Demo will be out a day too late, we won't be able to play it, here is why: CLICK

:(

Thanks a lot ;) I am not going to sleep properly until day 10 :anx:

EDIT : oh wait I saw that Placebo is going to save us... I'm relaxed now...

there's not one review that can put me off buying this with all the improvements i've seen it's impossible especially if there complaining about midfield battles im loving that aspect already. no more end to end football or forcing yourself into buildup play when you know you can easilly bypass certain teams. I personally think that's what is going to stop some of these goalfests games

some of the 1-2 play i saw in the vids earlier made me switch off fifa08 (which i was playing at the time :lol).

it just looks so great. the presentation vid showing all the new features is all i needed. i'm sold.

The "Its the same as FIFA or Euro" was the biggest load of BS i could have heard from them, The gap between 08 to 09 is simply huge, the main thing for me was just how polished the game felt, You now sometimes when you play a game and think "Well if they had another month or 2 they could really have made this even better" but when I played a 80% build it felt as if it was already a finished product, The amount of minor touches they have added has to be in the 1000 mark im sure.

I find it really odd that they write stuff like that, considering people have played it at Leipzig and will know they're talking absolute bullshit.

I don't mind a negative review, I'm sure there will be some negative reviews, but you can tell from a mile off that they're either bribed, fanboys or they've not actually played FIFA 09 at all.

how embarrassing for a professional magazine. oh well, i don't really care about sales or what anyone else thinks of the game other than unpaid, real gamers. i'm more concerned about the new features and what i personally think of the game.

one more week. :)

That new video from Jeux looks like SHIT!!

lol, im just messing, it looks absolutely brilliant! :LIE:
When they switched to the Milan game, i seriously thought i was watching a live game.. I had to rewind it just to check..
That review from xbox world is just plain bull as everyones said. No i haven't played the game, gotta wait another week for that :(( but you can clearly see how much better it is than 08.. I thought Euro 08 was a big step up from Fifa 08 but all the bugs and glitches really pissed me off along with the super human keepers but Fifa 09 looks to be another huge step forward.. Looks like Konami will be fooked again for another year.. Disappointing but who cares when the beautiful game looks this damn good!

nice video at least for the gameplay parts. also anybody knows if addidas live season works for manager mode because in fifa 08 when i played manager mode in the spanish league david villa would always be the top scorer even tho he did not have a great season.
I think I remember reading that the adidas Live Season will not affect the Manager Mode :((.

Can anyone confirm if we can change a teams home stadium for manager mode. Estadio Las Artes put me so off Manager mode in Fifa 08, due to the fact that 80% of the games were played their! P.S the Drogba goal at the end would never go in on Fifa 08, I love the improvements.

placebo said:
Is it me or is the lighting of the night match between Milan and Juve looking really sexy?

That was a night match?! I thought it was a dusk one. Good news if it is then as I hardly saw any dark patches.

Boys, I've got bad news for you, the Demo will be out a day too late, we won't be able to play it, here is why: CLICK

:(

But CERN, which includes several UK scientists, say their work is vital to unlock the secrets of matter that forms everything known in the universe.

Vital? For who? You cocks who sit in offices with millions of pounds worth of grant money to work out if you can grow an ear on the arse of a rat. It's vital for them to work out but for the rest of us that might die... we don't give a monkeys. Yet for some reason our opinions mean jack shit compared to theirs.

A CERN spokesman said: “It will not be producing anything that does not already happen routinely in nature.”

Well fucking do your experiments there then.

Yes but can you guarantee that?? I'd hate for it not to arrive and then I am hunting around on my day off to find a copy:((

Not sure and I have never ordered anything from ShopTo

Order from ShopTo, if it doesn't arrive by Friday morning, you can return the game still sealed and get your money back.

I forgot ShopTo usually get me the game on the Thursday, I'll keep my ShopTo pre-order on there and see how quick they get it to me, I have faith though :))

I booked the Friday off yesterday, now I think about it I might book the Thursday off too.

Is time running out on a possible announcement regarding online league like they have announced for NBA and NHL?
The NHL league announcement came back in July(at least 1,5 months before release)

Im kind of scared that 10v10 is gonna be one of historys most chaotic game modes, if they dont add some kind of league or rank to it.

Is time running out on a possible announcement regarding online league like they have announced for NBA and NHL?
The NHL league announcement came back in July(at least 1,5 months before release)

Im kind of scared that 10v10 is gonna be one of historys most chaotic game modes, if they dont add some kind of league or rank to it.

I really doubt it's in, far too close to release to add it now.

Back
Top Bottom