FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

for any of you guys in the know, how hard is it to make the pitch cut up the way it used to on madden? Is it to hard for the animations or graphics?

pepper: it can't be that hard. there are so many incidental details they could put in, but they're busy perfecting the gameplay, you can tell.

i hope in future we get all the incidentals, from Ronaldo's rolled-up sleeves to animated breathing/faces etc.

It wook a while for madden to get where it is now.

Yeh i remember mentioning that in here before,if they could do that it would be another feather in the cap of fifa,and before i get shalacked for mentioning such little things,but it all leads to the realisim.

Yeh i remember mentioning that in here before,if they could do that it would be another feather in the cap of fifa,and before i get shalacked for mentioning such little things,but it all leads to the realisim.

I'm with you there. There was nothing better than leaving a trail of cut-up turf behind you after a slide tackle in that game.

The pitch used to cut-up in Actua Soccer 2 on the PS1.

yeh but the grass was a jpeg back then. :LOL: we now have plush blades of grass. i bet it takes more work to get that to wear down in a realistic fashion.

yeh but the grass was a jpeg back then. :LOL: we now have plush blades of grass. i bet it takes more work to get that to wear down in a realistic fashion.

Maybe so, but it's all relative. We have much more powerful consoles now that should be capable of doing this.

The kind of realistic action that draws you in and makes you forget you've been playing for 5 hours, the food in the oven is now burnt, the kitchen is on fire and your wife has left you... but you don't care because Martin Tyler has just told you that Shaun Wright Phillips is a Little Bundle of Energy and you're now determined to break his legs to shut Tyler up.

:LOL: Hahaha that's brilliant.

The more i see the better it looks

i like the idea of form the more i see of it as well

The Drogba celebration at the end is just weird/crap. Presumably the human player opted to do the robot, but surely that shouldn't block his teammates from getting nearer. It's as if he's protected by a forcefield whilst Ballack looks on admiringly from a distance.

Finally dyanimic camera! But the camera still looks weird when hitting the net...

Last edited:

Booked Friday 3rd Oct off work:))

I'll collect at midnight from Asda and have a whole day getting to grips with it.

Decided to only play a few matches on the demo and will Just have a practice in the Arena.

Why don't you just order it from ShopTO and you'll get it Wednesday or Thursday at the latest? You get it before you would from Asda and probably cheaper. And you don't need to leave the house!

Why don't you just order it from ShopTO and you'll get it Wednesday or Thursday at the latest? You get it before you would from Asda and probably cheaper. And you don't need to leave the house!

Yes but can you guarantee that?? I'd hate for it not to arrive and then I am hunting around on my day off to find a copy:((

Not sure and I have never ordered anything from ShopTo

ShopTo have never let me down before, if that helps...

The actual scans for the Xbox World review are there now:

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr314/graham_099/03-09-2008174537.jpg
http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr314/graham_099/03-09-2008174553.jpg
http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr314/graham_099/03-09-2008174602.jpg
http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr314/graham_099/03-09-2008174608.jpg

EDIT: "...a bit disappointment." - Doesn't anyone proof read these days?

Last edited by a moderator:

PSML each to there own i know but in the team thing at end some guy says "But after glimpsing at this years improved PES i fear for Fifa 09" :LOL:

Review really has negative slant surprised outcome was quite high they think goalkeepers suck and in terms of gameplay similar to Euro 08.

Well to me there visible difference in all videos i seen and i havnt played it.

General feeling is its the same as Euro08................what a load of fucking bollocks.

You can see its fucking different, what a bunch of Konami arse bangers..............you know they have had the brown envelope (or finger in their case) when the chap at the end dares to go with FIFA and suggests he needs to get his P45.

Wankers

Looks like those who loved FIFA 08 and EURO 08 will feel right at home, while those who didn't care for those two offerings won't be won over by FIFA 09. Not much of a surprise really.

General feeling is its the same as Euro08................what a load of fucking bollocks.

Wankers

...and have you played FIFA 09 or are you going by videos on the internet. You may want to wait until next week before shouting from the rooftops.

Nice one

I get why they say its too realistic now, its because they says the ball gets bogged down in midfield making "dull matches"

but like i said before thats football, you dont have 3-3 thrillers every game. Just like in real life most of the time its a midfield battle and its won by the odd goal so its sounds to me like Fifa has it bang on :))

Back
Top Bottom