FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Wow this video seems to show a huuuuuuge amount of different gameplay aspects, I'm currently cutting out the interview so it'll just be gameplay, I recommend anyone who hasn't watched it yet to wait around 30 mins and I should be done :)

I really like the scoreboard in the Lyon-Marseille match.

"The closest simulation of the beautiful game man has ever seen..."

Bring it on!!

I would have believed that review (bear in mind Dr Force's sig, "make it realistic but don't forget the fun", so it's not surprising that someone won't like the game if it leads to a lot of 0-0 midfield battles)...

The only thing that makes me think they've been bribed is five people, the original reviewer and the four on the last page, all saying the exact same thing. "It's not changed from FIFA 08" - how come every other review says it's a lot better, including the official PlayStation magazine that gave FIFA 08 6/10 last year, but FIFA 09 9/10 this year?

Either they've been bribed or their editor is a diehard PES fan who won't tolerate anything less than a good review for PES and a bad review for FIFA, IMO.

Last edited:

haha cool. That reviewr Tim used to be @ N64mag and was a huge ISS fanboy btw.

I noticed in the Gerrad Pre-Match training screen that he is behind a stadium. Liverpool stadium perhaps? This hasn't been confirmed, but will you be able to immediately go to the back yard training field behind the stadium of the selected team you play with? if so, WOW!!!

Talk about the ultimate "Murphy's law/sod's law".

It's so ironic, one day before the demo of the best football game to date, that it just might happen.

the video makes a mockery of the 81% review, as i expected. perfect timing with the vid there.

Back
Top Bottom