FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

well there is more then just online, there is also 2 v 2 local with mates, the best way to play, and my buddies always choose werid and random teams.

Nice to see there's a couple of us left at least who like the offline side of the game :) I shall be a lone voice of reason on FSB! ;)

ofcouse u are not alone Placebo,
many people like to be the manager of they favorit team,
winning cups, leags, buying-selling players etc...
it's great fun, and yes it is an importand mode for any football fan, plus it give the game a great length of playing also.
but i still think ea can do alot better to improve the MM mode even further, such to go more in depth, like LMA manager, plus fix al & the player status, so when u buy a player, u should be able to see u have made a differenc in your team, deepending on what type of player u where looking for, to improve your team,
but again that's another long story if we go in details.
( by the way, we are not alout talking about ML, coz konami still think is perfect the way it is:CW:)
about online its just a bonus,
but this year it will be funtastic, especially now we can play
10 vs 10, it can't get any better then that, still we have to wait and see how it will turn out.

Single player and offline multiplayer are both great fun but I cant wait for 10v10. The only thing missing is EA Sports League.

marseille's kit looks kind of chavvy, nice though
fifa0936001%20[].jpg

they've used that stupid blurry thing look beside benzema's right thigh

100% offline gamer here, not going to change my opinion - just too many morons around + i can play the ai whenever I want, not got to wait till somebody has time for me.

Agreed, same applies to me (except the 23 years thing). I want to be able to play Serie A, as realistic as possible. I know that I'll never get a chance to play someone using Lecce when I'm Milan online, so the only way is by playing the AI and to make a real season. AI should be priority for a football game, then you can focus on the online features. There are still many people that play offline or prefer playing a league etc. Also its less stressful, in the sense that you don't have to go through the hassle of finding people or making sure you dont disconnect or lag etc, I just want to play a game with teams of my choice.

By the way, I value online a lot too, but I think in terms of importance, single player should be priority.

Until about a year ago, I would have agreed.

I've played off-line for the past 10 years or so (and in years gone by in the days of Sensi/KO2, etc) but grew ever more frustrated because 1) Konami never developed their ML properly 2) their AI became increasingly a cpu cheat-fest.

I bought FIFA08, hopeful that I'd finally have a proper league structure to play in, starting out in English League 2 and working my way up throught the leagues. This is what I'd always wanted. However, once I started playing a few matches against their AI, my excitement soon changed to frustration - their AI is tripe.

Problem is, having a game which plays freely to allow the player to move the ball around how he likes, makes programming an AI model to compete with this just too damn hard without resorting to a bunch of cpu cheats, which is all I see in FIFA08.

I'm sick and tired of crappy football AI and no matter how much effort they put into it, it's still decades away from being genuinely good, fair fun to play against. If it's got cpu cheats, I'm not interested.

I can totally relate to those who still want more than anything to play privately offline and get caught up in a football world with all he teams and competitions. But since FIFA08 and 5v5, I'm totally converted to on-line. There's still part of me wants to play proper leagues offline against the cpu, but then I remember about the cpu cheats.

So, I'm all for developing modes which involve as little cpu interference as possible. Unfortunately, even 5v5 has stupid momentum swings which interfere with the action, but at least there's far more genuine human input than dubious cpu input.

Be-a-pro mode offline could be great, though.

Last edited:

can someone tell me why ea insists on the monkey/zombie look?

I guess that's mainly because of 2 points:

1- They choosed to actually modelate faces in 3D. Thay're not using a photograph as a texture like Pes does. It really makes things really hard to shine, and most of us will agree that PES faces, even if are textures put into a more simple polygon face, really do the work. Maybe the trend of fully modelating in 3D will give them the edge in some years, when they have brought to perfection the process, and thus they would add more "emotions" easily. Anywaym I don't give a dam because most of the time I play in the "wide" camera.

2- Mainly they have invested a lot in gameplay, animation and technology in the last 4 years, and that's the reason why I prefer the gameplay with monkeys to the monkey-animations and gameplay of pes.

Last edited:

Proof or STFU...:-pp

Yes they're old shots. Proof would be FSB blog post from last week http://www.fifasoccerblog.com/2008/08/bags-of-fifa-09-screenshots-across-all.html

ofcouse u are not alone Placebo,
many people like to be the manager of they favorit team,
winning cups, leags, buying-selling players etc...
it's great fun, and yes it is an importand mode for any football fan, plus it give the game a great length of playing also.
but i still think ea can do alot better to improve the MM mode even further, such to go more in depth, like LMA manager, plus fix al & the player status, so when u buy a player, u should be able to see u have made a differenc in your team, deepending on what type of player u where looking for, to improve your team,
but again that's another long story if we go in details.

Yep indeed there's lots they can do to improve manager mode, I expect big improvements in Fifa10, should be some in 09 but sadly we have to wait, hopefully the rest of the gameplay improvements will make up for it :)

I don't understand the obsession with faces.

I know I bang on about untucked shirts, but at least they add to the look of the game from a distance, which lets face facts we see 99% of the time.

Why they dont get anti blister socks in the game.

they show tape on people who use anti blister socks, I wanna look cool like Ronaldo on fifa 09 with anti blister socks.

offline for the win. I would not even care if they´d make 09 a offline game only ;)

playing online sucks cos everyone is trying to get a win by all means. there are so many nerds out there wo cheat, flame and disconnect that I am not interested in online gaming at all

offline for the win. I would not even care if they´d make 09 a offline game only ;)

playing online sucks cos everyone is trying to get a win by all means. there are so many nerds out there wo cheat, flame and disconnect that I am not interested in online gaming at all

Lately I've been having some great games, with unfamiliar teams, even 2nd division ones, all in quick unranked match...

We simply should make a list of people who just want to play some footie and have fun, and not win by any means.

Ha! I laugh in the face of Utd fans with our new found monies :DD.

You make it sound like a Ugandan fraudster bought the team! I wonder if they asked the Madrid chariman for his bank account details.

About EDIT mode

There seems to be some information given about the Fifa09 EDIT mode in the youtube video NEW FIFA 09 - CP 2008 Presentation Video 1 - Pt.3 , from mikep1982.
I can not understand the vid is in spanish. Anybody help???

Actually all the parts give very detailed info, very helpful. I recommend to watch all parts.

Last edited:
Re: About EDIT mode

There seems to be some information given about the Fifa09 EDIT mode in the youtube video NEW FIFA 09 - CP 2008 Presentation Video 1 - Pt.3 , from mikep1982.
I can not understand the vid is in spanish. Anybody help???

I think that video shows the 'be a pro' create a player editor.

im not trying to change anyones opinon, i loved ML too and what not, i just think human v human will always be the best, because humans are perfect, LOL :)

Back
Top Bottom