FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

No news is good news! He also says under that comment:

As mentioned we've had word that the 360 and PS3 versions will not be 2 x 2 that is PC only.

I'm only quoting these because I've lost the emails I had forwarded from EA, but if I was a betting man I would say the console demos will be longer.

I'm only quoting these because I've lost the emails I had forwarded from EA, but if I was a betting man I would say the console demos will be longer.

Oooh thats promising :DD

Woohoo!!! Milan in demo!!!! 4 minute halves!!! What more could I hope for?? Hopefully its 2 players too.

Last edited:

Well as much as i was looking forward to the game, i can safely say that i'm looking forward to it even more now, the reason - I've just started to play Fifa 08 with everything set to manual and i cant believe how the game changes. The way you approach the game and have to play it are totally different now - all for the better, cant believe I've been missing out for this long!. :w00t:

Fifa demo's are always 2x2 mins or one 4 min half so i expect no different this time

I disagree, PES was and is an arcade game, it doesn't mean it was a bad game, for many years it was my football game of choice and I had happy times with it, but it was never a simulation of football no matter how much people try to convince themselves otherwise.

how comes pes was not simulation, when all the teams, and players feelt differen and almust accurately to the reality, only that is a huge bonus to make a sim football game, something ea can't get it right, in fifa.
well that's your opinion man i am not arguin with you, as i respect ur effort u put here and in fifablog, i just don't agree that's all

how comes pes was not simulation, when all the teams, and players feelt differen and almust accurately to the reality, only that is a huge bonus to make a sim football game, something ea can't get it right, in fifa.
well that's your opinion man i am not arguin with you, as i respect ur effort u put here and in fifablog, i just don't agree that's all

Your only as good as your last game and PES2008 was in no way a simulation, just fast-paced arcade football. That's fine in itself, and many people like that, just don't try and call it a simulation.:))

I played PES for many years and the teams and players hardly felt different, sure some would be a little pacier than others, a little more agile than others, a little stronger than others, have a little better passing than others, a little better shooting that others, but that was about it, and Fifa had all that. Was it because I never played with the world stars in PES? Were they magically different in how they "felt" from the other players? PES is too easy a game, AI is weak and I won everything on 6*/top level or whatever they called it, I had to make the game more challenging by setting personal limits on which players I could sign. PES is arcade to me in how it moves, how the ball moves, how players dribble, how the passing is automated and "pinball"'esque, in Fifa I play on all manual passing and I have to pick my passes, watch the players move and play my long balls dissecting fullbacks to slide players in, switching the play with long balls, I do all that so much more realistically than I ever could in PES.

I whinged about the demo length on the EA forums and no EA personnel came back to say "you're wrong it's...."

He was the old reviewer who gave FIFA08 a 6/10 and claims that FIFA09 still isn't a PES beater.

I got that yesterday

apart from the ball looking like its got a mind of its own at times and some dodgy saves its a great trailer :))

Your only as good as your last game and PES2008 was in no way a simulation, just fast-paced arcade football. That's fine in itself, and many people like that, just don't try and call it a simulation.:))

u totally missed my other posts, never said pes08 or even pes4 was an simulation, i was talking about pes in general, about my last game:LOL: dude what are u on about:ROLL: i don't work for konami, i hate the last version as much as you, that game was unplayble and nothing simulation.

You took my first line too literally.

It was a figure of speech, mate. People keep going on about Konami's history of great football games, but all that matters to me is their most recent one, which is shit. I'm not going to keep playing PES just it used to be a good game.

ronaldo10 what's your thoughts on my reply about player/team individuality in PES? The reason I chase you up is that you come across as a fan of PES who can actually converse with us "Fifa devils" in a good way, without getting all sensitive and such, so I genuinely would like your thoughts if you get chance please :)

I played PES for many years and the teams and players hardly felt different, sure some would be a little pacier than others, a little more agile than others, a little stronger than others, have a little better passing than others, a little better shooting that others, but that was about it, and Fifa had all that. Was it because I never played with the world stars in PES? Were they magically different in how they "felt" from the other players? PES is too easy a game, AI is weak and I won everything on 6*/top level or whatever they called it, I had to make the game more challenging by setting personal limits on which players I could sign. PES is arcade to me in how it moves, how the ball moves, how players dribble, how the passing is automated and "pinball"'esque, in Fifa I play on all manual passing and I have to pick my passes, watch the players move and play my long balls dissecting fullbacks to slide players in, switching the play with long balls, I do all that so much more realistically

yeah al is week i know, same thing in fifa,
plaing the game for months, every games can get easy.
but yeah i agree in pes08 the al was way to easy and not satisfying playing the very same ML.
about the rest, againg that's ur opinion, for me the game is more realistic,
if the good or bad pass, shot, throw long ball or whatever deepend on the player states, reather then in your manual skillz,
that's the differenc, both can be called sim in different way, at the end it depend on what u prefer more:ROLL:
maybe it sems like am taking the pes defenc but, really just trying to state my opinion, coz to be fair pes is a disappointing sport game, for an next gen counsel, otherwise i wouldn't be here reading news everyday & getting excited about the new fifa09

You took my first line too literally.

It was a figure of speech, mate. People keep going on about Konami's history of great football games, but all that matters to me is their most recent one, which is shit. I'm not going to keep playing PES just it used to be a good game.

good point

but yeah i agree in pes08 the al was way to easy and not satisfying playing the very same ML.
if the good or bad pass, shot, throw long ball or whatever deepend on the player states, reather then in your manual skillz,
that's the differenc, both can be called sim in different way, at the end it depend on what u prefer more:ROLL:
maybe it sems like am taking the pes defenc but, really just trying to state my opinion, coz to be fair pes is a disappointing sport game, for an next gen counsel, otherwise i wouldn't be here reading news everyday & getting excited about the new fifa09

Sorry I should have added I stopped playing PES at around PES5 on PS2, so my primary thoughts and opinions are based on PES5 and earlier.

Obviously it's not in-game, but it's probably in-engine with custom animations. The point of the trailer is to show the new features of the game, which I think they manage to do pretty well. In a perfect world it would all be in-game though.

i agree with ronaldo10, but placebo mate, you have a one dimiensional point of view, you always play against the AI. The best AI to play against is human, IMO. The individuality in PES came out more to me, in this mode. I knew i could be fine playing with a team like olympicaos because i had rivaldo in the squad, and he could turn a game on its head. But in fifa, i dont think it matters if you have eboue or zidane...

Playing against the AI is shite, fact

Playing against humans is awesome, fact

Back
Top Bottom