FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Are they releasing a demo for PES09 before the games release?

I think it was announced that the PES09 demo will be released the same week as the game gets released. I think their strategy is as before, release late so people buy the game without playing the (shitty?) demo.

Yes but comparing PES to Fifa08 is a fallacy, PES is an arcade game, that's why it has super fast responses to accentuate the super fast dribbling, look at the way PES moves, it's not realistic, look at the way it pingpong passes around, it's not realistic, Fifa08 is realism based, that's why it's much, much slower, maybe too slow for some, but I play far better realistic football with Fifa08 than I ever did in my years playing PES.

pes was never an arcade game, pes2008 is i agree don't mix things up:SS
maybe it becouse the game is still running on a very old engine, with the same animation as on the ps2 version, that's
not acceptable on this gen, and i really hope konami will do something in the future, but it doesn't mean is an arcady football game.
nice graphic and realistic animation does not make the game sim eather, but it does help the game look realistic, not nassesery feel or play realistic.
so my point is about responssivnes, not about the game speed, the speed was fine, but the slow responsiv players killed the experienc for me, if fifa09 worked on that as they promised, that can help the gameplay in huge amount, it will be les fustrated and more fun, i really hope fifa09 has improved on that this year

Can't wait. It's nice to now that NHL 09 with it's BAP season mode will be released soon, that will keep my mind of FIFA 09 and make the wait easier to handle.

pes was never an arcade game, pes2008 is i agree don't mix things up:SS

I disagree, PES was and is an arcade game, it doesn't mean it was a bad game, for many years it was my football game of choice and I had happy times with it, but it was never a simulation of football no matter how much people try to convince themselves otherwise.

I seriously can't wait for the demo. I've actually never been so excited for a demo before. What time does the demo go online, is it at midnight or only the next morning?

Well, well, some FIFA goodness in Portugal:

ad2.jpg

:)

I need it to come before 9am so I can download before I go to work. But any betting it will be at 10am or something just to piss me off!!!!

Don't worry bob ill keep you updated on how good it is via the chatbox when your at work :))

2x 2 min halfs tho...

will be so annoying

I hate that shit - as if giving us a game with five minute halves will make us say 'Ohh I'm not buying this game - I will play the demo for the rest of my life, because I can play for a decent amount of time'

I would rather have 5 min halves and only have two teams to play with. What is the reasoning behind 2mins halves?!!!!!!!!

It's bullshit!!!

Take a look at JayD's comment on FSB under the "Exclusive: FIFA 09 demo details revealed" article...

Just to add that the 360/PS3 version is probably 4 x 4 not 2 x 2 like the PC version.

We're getting mixed signals but it's not definite either way. I think we'll be getting longer half-lengths on the console demos, from what we can get out of the EA guys.

Back
Top Bottom