FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Playing against the AI is shite, fact

Playing against humans is awesome, fact
agree. its why i dont give a fuck about manager mode or this be a captian shit that i have NEVER tried.

i would be happy if fifa09 was online only ;)) maybe then they will focus on working on key features such as proper online league setups with proper points structure ie 3 points for a win etc, proper online season mode where you can transfer between other players in the same league(doable, just look in forza2 with its auction house feature enabling people to buy and sell cars amongs eachother) And a online Tournament mode with home/away legs, quater, semi's and finals stages of a actual tournament.

i agree with ronaldo10, but placebo mate, you have a one dimiensional point of view, you always play against the AI. The best AI to play against is human, IMO. The individuality in PES came out more to me, in this mode. I knew i could be fine playing with a team like olympicaos because i had rivaldo in the squad, and he could turn a game on its head. But in fifa, i dont think it matters if you have eboue or zidane...

LOL that makes absolutely no sense to me, the players should play the same whether human v AI or human v human. But anyways, I shall probably play some Fifa09 online so we'll see ;)

Yes everyone says that, but I've been playing football games against the AI for 23 years, really not gonna change my opinion now as to what I do and don't enjoy ;)

Thats fair enough, just play what you enjoy

but you are missing out big time if you don't try 09 online

I will try it, just don't anticipate anything changing in my opinion, I prefer manager mode, I like to play out the role of the manager of the club I support playing the players we have in our team in the league/cups and seeing what we can do with them :)

It'll be interesting, if AI teams use "customized" custom tactics in single player.
I gathered that they don't from what sweetkilla said but I might be wrong. He said it was a bit poor on the CPU's part that their tactics were all default with no individual player instructions that they would have in real life - Giggs swapping wings for example, or Keane dropping back and playing as a support striker, or WBs moving to play as DMs when the DMs move forwards.

Yes everyone says that, but I've been playing football games against the AI for 23 years, really not gonna change my opinion now as to what I do and don't enjoy ;)

Agreed, same applies to me (except the 23 years thing). I want to be able to play Serie A, as realistic as possible. I know that I'll never get a chance to play someone using Lecce when I'm Milan online, so the only way is by playing the AI and to make a real season. AI should be priority for a football game, then you can focus on the online features. There are still many people that play offline or prefer playing a league etc. Also its less stressful, in the sense that you don't have to go through the hassle of finding people or making sure you dont disconnect or lag etc, I just want to play a game with teams of my choice.

By the way, I value online a lot too, but I think in terms of importance, single player should be priority.

Last edited:

Agreed, same applies to me (except the 23 years thing). I want to be able to play Serie A, as realistic as possible. I know that I'll never get a chance to play someone using Lecce when I'm Milan online, so the only way is by playing the AI and to make a real season. AI should be priority for a football game, then you can focus on the online features. There are still many people that play offline or prefer playing a league etc.

Exactly. Offline is a huge part of the game for me, for the reasons stated above.

the only thing I prefer offline is the game speed and response times for some reason when I play online I could swear the gamespeed takes a hit from the lag!

I hope you can do all the stuff from the HD intro movie. Especially the dummying it through your legs move. That was a great move in PES when executed well.

Agreed, same applies to me (except the 23 years thing). I want to be able to play Serie A, as realistic as possible. I know that I'll never get a chance to play someone using Lecce when I'm Milan online, so the only way is by playing the AI and to make a real season. AI should be priority for a football game, then you can focus on the online features. There are still many people that play offline or prefer playing a league etc. Also its less stressful, in the sense that you don't have to go through the hassle of finding people or making sure you dont disconnect or lag etc, I just want to play a game with teams of my choice.

By the way, I value online a lot too, but I think in terms of importance, single player should be priority.

Let's hope the offline mode versus CPU, is not giong to be like Euro2008...

Let's hope the offline mode versus CPU, is not giong to be like Euro2008...
Again going from what sweetkilla said, the AI players still run in circles to prevent you from getting the ball, so it doesn't sound very promising on that front. All the effort this year has gone into the gameplay rather than manager mode or AI etc.

as I said before good teams! I would hate it if the team I supported was in the demo its like your playing the game before release.. you lose a little bit of excitement! I really feel they should stick to international teams like PES does for demo's

I am of course talking about playing the demo everyday up until release which is what I will be doing LOL

Another single player here, although I'll be hoping to play some more online with the ps3 this time. Just isnt worth a live subscription for how much I play.

mine will be my usual arsenal vs manu for one game offline then after that i wont bother touching single player till fifa10 comes out :P

Back
Top Bottom