FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

placebo, do you know when the next podcast is going to be put up on FSB? Its been a while now since the last one

No idea sorry, I haven't contributed anything to them and probably won't until at least the demo has arrived as I've had no hands on time with Fifa09

wait so once again there are no playoffs?!

I believe it's already been confirmed there'll be no playoffs, first FSB podcast IIRC.

No idea sorry, I haven't contributed anything to them and probably won't until at least the demo has arrived as I've had no hands on time with Fifa09

I believe it's already been confirmed there'll be no playoffs, first FSB podcast IIRC.

why is that Placebo? id have thought being on the FSB team you would have played a version by now.

He's one of the FSB guys now, in charge of the video side of things. He did take a couple of vids from Leipzig I think, if you look at FSB from the date Leipzig started there were a couple of videos with "FIFASoccerBlog.com" printed on them at the start.

Yeah hes sound, mixing with a person some people didn't like made him disliked though

davidfl9si9.jpg

Last edited:

''This is without question the fastest Fifa of them all.....''

''Expect frantic one-time pinball-like action.....''

Yeah, 'cos that's what we all want from a football game.

Just pre-ordered from Blockbusters. Get a free footy and £15 of game vouchers aswell. Not bad I suppose.

I was going to pre-order from Blockbuster's later this month and trade in FIFA 08 towards it. Does that deal apply to the PS3 version?

I was going to pre-order from Blockbuster's later this month and trade in FIFA 08 towards it. Does that deal apply to the PS3 version?

They said it did as that's what I'm buying it on. I traded in 08 last week for £10. If I did it the day before I would have got £14. Oh well, it's only £4. Probably should have kept it for the sake of a tenner but traded in more games I wasn't playing so thought I'd get as much as I could towards 09.
09 is currently listed as £44.99 (£49.99 last week) but the bloke said it will be £39.99 by release.

wonder wot the original program was..

also that must of been on fast speed - whoosh
It was surely off XLeague / Pulse, as that annoying cunt who does the cheesy voiceovers on The Chart was in the background making skidmarks with his voice again. He really does my tits in.

"And we're sure Mario Kart Wii will be wheeling it's way around the chart circuit for many weeks to come"

"With the countrys health needing a boost, Wii Fit will surely jog it's way back up the charts again soon, with it's opposition losing ground AND losing weight"

Spunkskip.

FIFA09 will be better because EA have put huge effort and resources into developing a new, next-gen engine, with all the possibilities that that opens up for them. This is what their customers want.

Meanwhile, Konami have been struggling to port their 10 year old engine onto next-gen and are now trying to fine tune it so it plays exactly like a version they produced 3 years ago. This is what their customers want.

nothing truer has ever been written.

How long has the FIFA 09 game trailer been on the Xbox Marketplace?:THINK:

I only stumbled across it today. Nice to see a trailer on my HD TV. Can't wait now.

yes but the fucking pc engine its a damn shit!!!!
on next gen fifa will be the best football game for a few years and i love it but on pc it such a shit everything is so so so i don't know so grey !!!

FIFA09 will be better because EA have put huge effort and resources into developing a new, next-gen engine, with all the possibilities that that opens up for them. This is what their customers want.

Meanwhile, Konami have been struggling to port their 10 year old engine onto next-gen and are now trying to fine tune it so it plays exactly like a version they produced 3 years ago. This is what their customers want.

Yes but you can throw all the money and effort in the world at it, but it still doesn't guarantee success. Before anyone has a go, I will be buying both games, so I am not siding with any game, and I agree EA are making the bigger effort to improve the game (not hard as Konami doing fuck all). So they deserve to come out on top.

But what worries me is that EA have really been cranking up there effort for a good number of years now, and I cannot believe the standard were still at, it should be better, and obvious flaws should have been corrected by now. I mean how long is it going to take before we get realistic headers. Thats if the game allows us to head the ball, because on most crossers were you want to head it, the player instead will try and chest the ball, even at an un-chestable (new word) height, how many years has this gone on for, this is worrying, it seems they improve in areas not so important.

Pes has its faults and they certainly grew with 2008, but Pes has been years ahead of Fifa, and although a lot believe Fifa 08 took over as the best footy game, I am not so sure. Shooting, Heading, Player motion and reaction still edge it for me in Pes, you just never feel you are in total control with Fifa, and when you pull something off, you just dont feel 100% responsible.

So I hope the reported improvement in control is true, just hope its enough of an improvement though as it really needs to be.

Last edited:

guys!guys! Has different weather actually been confirmed yet (overcast, rain, snow) ?? I remember a lot of talk from EA after 08 that this is where their next effort would be. If so then how come there has been absolutely no gameplay footage of different waether??
P.S. Its one of those things I have reallly been looking forward to.

Back
Top Bottom