FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

the thing is the demo won't even represent the final game so its faults or + points may get better/worse

I cant wait till the FIFA 09 demo is out now. I will soon stop playing any football title in preperation for the new releases. :)
The vids and previews have the opposite effect on me; I'd stopped playing FIFA, PES and CM because the bugs were all getting on my nerves, but now I'm playing FIFA again to try and plug the big gaping FIFA 09 hole I now suffer from.

What im going to do is from September 10th I will stop playing both FIFA 08 and PES 2008. Then on September 11th I will download the demo of FIFA 09 and until release on October 3rd it will be the only thing I will play. All the videos are making me more and more hyped for the game. It just looks so good.

I know someone else who's gonna do that

*cough*Bitter*cough*

:))

Chelsea are, sad to say, going to be awesome in fifa09, i hope we dont get all the glory hunters picking them and i suppose Barca all the time. Playing euro2008 and the amount of players who pick France all the time is very frustrating. Normally i cancel. They are so over-rated within the game. I hope Fifa09 has addressed this problem and have not made the top teams/players unbeatable. I played this player last night on euro, he was level25 and i still only level 1. He was a great player but guess what, he picked France, and probably always has done. Jesus, if i picked France id be a level25 too. They sometimes are un-tackleable (is that a word?). I wait in hope.......

Gamersyde GC 08 awards

EA got the best booth and Fifa 09 got best sports game :))

Please PES fans don’t get mad but we have to admit that this year once again, Fifa is about to offer a better experience than the previous games. There are true improvements and innovations in the gameplay, which does not seem to be the case for Konami’s champion. It feels like PES has gotten stuck in between the old and new generation and the few things that have been done this year to satisfy the players do not seem to be enough to make us believe in a fresh start of the franchise. We should also mention that we were quite impressed by what we saw of NBA Live 09, which finally offers realistic-looking animations. Now we just need to wait to see 2K’s answer with NBA 2K 09.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7060_en.html

Far Cry 2 looks very impressive but Killzone 2 is without doubt a far better looking game. As for FIFA 09 winning the best sports game award, well the hype just keeps on building!

Imagine how nice it would be if when playing online 10 vs 10 you could review the game when it's over and save replays from it. Would be pretty interesting to see replays from people playing proper football don't you think? To bad they refuse to let us save replays.

Looking ahead to FIFA 2010 it might be pretty good.
* Saving replay to hdd
* Proper BAP Seasons, not only 4 years
* Better MM
* Clan support for 10 vs 10 (or 11 vs 11) with tournaments and so on

But I guess FIFA 09 will be OK for now ;)

Last edited:

What im going to do is from September 10th I will stop playing both FIFA 08 and PES 2008. Then on September 11th I will download the demo of FIFA 09 and until release on October 3rd it will be the only thing I will play. All the videos are making me more and more hyped for the game. It just looks so good.

same here mate, once the demo is there then that's it....will find it extremely hard to play fifa 08

I posted this in the PS3 BAP thread but it might not be read there so...

Does anyone know if this 10 vs 10 will be auto join like 5v5 was or if we can indeed meet up with mates and then launch a game through a lobby?

The vids and previews have the opposite effect on me; I'd stopped playing FIFA, PES and CM because the bugs were all getting on my nerves, but now I'm playing FIFA again to try and plug the big gaping FIFA 09 hole I now suffer from.

Glad I'm not alone. ;)

same here mate, once the demo is there then that's it....will find it extremely hard to play fifa 08

Well it depends what level they put the demo on. If it's on semi-pro like the EURO demo it's gonna get old pretty quick. Not much fun in winning every game by several goals. And the lack of online will be enough to have me going back to FIFA/EURO until release day. (Well a day before release day if shopTO live up to their usual oustanding service).

Seeing the Adidas Live Season Trailer I kind of wanted this to be included in Manager Mode as well. I know there is form and morale but sometimes I miss the up and down arrows in PES (dare I say that here :EMB: )

Sometimes when playing FIFA08 I didn't make substitutions nor did I rotate the squad as much due to that fatigue didn't make much difference and the players felt a bit too similar in skill. If they have changed that I might not miss the arrows either... :THINK: ...just thought it would be kind of cool seeing that the player you scored with twice last game now is "on form".

I posted this in the PS3 BAP thread but it might not be read there so...

Does anyone know if this 10 vs 10 will be auto join like 5v5 was or if we can indeed meet up with mates and then launch a game through a lobby?

You can create 5v5 sessions in 08

Seeing the Adidas Live Season Trailer I kind of wanted this to be included in Manager Mode as well. I know there is form and morale but sometimes I miss the up and down arrows in PES

Yeah I do aswell, but it just wouldnt work. Some people play half a season in a week or two, thats one or maybe two updates for a team/player.

What could be good is a "season" spread over a real season. As a seperate mode. So once a week you get to play a match with the correct line-ups/injuries/etc and see how you do across the season with your team with the exact same form/injuries as your real team. Its still a bit lightweight, but I can't see them getting it to work in MM.

Chelsea are, sad to say, going to be awesome in fifa09, i hope we dont get all the glory hunters picking them and i suppose Barca all the time. Playing euro2008 and the amount of players who pick France all the time is very frustrating. Normally i cancel. They are so over-rated within the game. I hope Fifa09 has addressed this problem and have not made the top teams/players unbeatable. I played this player last night on euro, he was level25 and i still only level 1. He was a great player but guess what, he picked France, and probably always has done. Jesus, if i picked France id be a level25 too. They sometimes are un-tackleable (is that a word?). I wait in hope.......

they are not unbeatable

16lahah.png

Yeah I do aswell, but it just wouldnt work. Some people play half a season in a week or two, thats one or maybe two updates for a team/player.

What could be good is a "season" spread over a real season. As a seperate mode. So once a week you get to play a match with the correct line-ups/injuries/etc and see how you do across the season with your team with the exact same form/injuries as your real team. Its still a bit lightweight, but I can't see them getting it to work in MM.

I wanted the "form arrows" to depend on the matches you play yourself in MM. So if you have a good match with somebody he's on form the next game you play. Not depending on the real world. Just wanted the arrows to make some more interesting choices when you pick your squad.

Kind of liked your idea with one match per week as well :)

This was one of the points I made straight after playing the game. There going to be the team to face 9/10 with the ability their players have but with the collisions system they also have a very big side also which what will make the difference. I think it will be able to counter though with quicker teams as Chelsea arent one of the quickest team I've seen.

as I have said Before Inter and CHelsea will be the teams to use and Inter more so

apparently they have just signed quaresma in the last hour..

So that makes it

Adriano,Ibra,Cruz,Mancini,Quaresma,Stankovic,Figo,Cambiasso,Vieira,Samuel,Materazzi,Maicon,Cordoba,Chivu,Cesar,Balotelli

every single one of them is a power house or strong and quick...

manchester will be the best ronaldo-91 tevez-88 ronney-87 nani-85 anderson-85 carrik-86 and evra-85

Fifa 09 will be better than PES 2009 simply because EA sports actually listen to their customers...Konami are arrogant. This year there will be a major change-over of players from PES 2009 to FIFA. I used to play PES all the time and will continue to do so...however in my heart i now know that FIFA is the better game.

One of the main reasons FIFA is now better than PES (other than licenses, teams, stadiums and skill moves) is because of its almost flawless online play. Online gaming is massive now...i personally now hardly play ANY game in single player mode for more than a week - there is nothing better than playing another human being who will at times may be better than you or will make little mistakes which makes gaming realistic. Fifa has online leagues, interactive leagues, be a pro mode and ranked and unranked matches - PES has ranked and unranked matches (maximum of 2 vs 2) and Legend mode...thats it.

Konami need to seek help...but are sooo arrogant and refuse to do so. I think the japanese have lost the plot when it comes to producing next-gen football games. Time to hand it over to a european team. If PES 2009 scores more than 8/10 ill be surprised. What Konami have produced this year should have been released last year.

The guy in the review who rated FIFA 08 at 6/10 must have been drunk. Its prob a 7.5/10 with PES2008 being the 6/10 game. I sold my copy of PES2008 (or dancing on ice as i like to call it) within a week of getting it...i was digusted.

Essay over!

Back
Top Bottom