FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Ummm... Is there a link for the review guys?

What do they say about the Be a Pro mode?

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

I don't know why they didnt do it this year cos I think every easports game has this feature now. Even facebreaker has it but there has been so much improvement in fifa this year that I'm willing to let it slide but yeh definately next year i hope it's in seeing as there won't be a champions league game.

i think i remember david rutter saying it was something they was considering for next year. I suppose there is only so much even EA can do in a year.

Great review. The live season wasnt mentioned either so doesnt mean that the Sports League wont be in. How biased is that evo fan boy at the end. I saw the PSM3 on the shelf in Morrisons earlier. Has anybody read it and did they give it a score?

So the reviewer gives the game a 9/10 and then says it's still not a PES-beater?

Is he going to give 10/10 to a game he has not reviewed yet?:THINK:

So the reviewer gives the game a 9/10 and then says it's still not a PES-beater?

Is he going to give 10/10 to a game he has not reviewed yet?:THINK:

Not the reviewer, Ben Wilson who had the second opinion. The reviewer said PES had some catching up to do.

Oops i just read writing that will teach me but still my thoughts on PES still stand.

Ah, I see.

It will be interesting to see what PES 2009 gets.

Well knowing PSM3 they will naturally give PES2009 a 10 no matter how good/bad it is - they will have to give it a higher score than Fifa 09 because they are one of the sponsors in the PES series.

I can't believe he gave Fifa '08 a 6/10 - How can anybody take that guy seriously again? He still trys to justify it aswell :ROLL:

i suppose it just goes to show that even the proffesional games reviewers have massive different opinions to each other as well as us players so the proof will be when we get to play it ourselves. The only concern i have now is that this game cannot possibly live up to the hype now created. Im not going to expect a game without any flaws thats for sure. Hope ppl keep that in mind.

off topic but just downloaded the nhl demo and it was pretty decent i got into a fight aswell and won just learning how to play the game cos i dont get no online option though shame i was hoping i would get a taster of the 9v9 oh well

I can't believe he gave Fifa '08 a 6/10 - How can anybody take that guy seriously again? He still trys to justify it aswell :ROLL:

He gave it a 6/10 just because he didn't like the shooting and you couldn't beat a man without using skills.

We all know that is crap. Shooting on 08 is decent, especially using finesse shots. It is a bit balloony, but not as bad as he makes out. In PES 08 you could score from range with star players with ease.

Secondly, you can beat a man easily in 08. Maybe a little too easily, as you can run straight past defenders in the right situation. In PES 08 you could skip past a whole team.

So, to mark a game down to a 6 based on these untruths is wrong. Let's face it, PES2008 was pretty much a broken game, yet they still scored it higher for some reason.

I swear that I don't see it in jjoseca's post, even though I'd assume that it would be there because of the posts.

Still, I found it somewhere else.

Thanks anyway! Looking forward to the demo.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

That 2nd opinion guy is ajoke! 6/10 for fifa 08? LOL! There will be people who, no matter how disappointed they are deep down inside with PES, will give it 9's. Deep down they are hurting but cannot let their emotions show, then they rate each PES iteration as "the best", and so on. It's quite pathetic. I played both PES 2008 and Fifa 2008 and rate PES a 6/10 and Fifa an 8.3/10. I predicted 9's for Fifa 2009 and so far, so good. There will be some who give it obvious biased reviews (ign, which I predict will give it from a 7.5 - 8.0).

Anyway, Im waiting till the day that Konami burn a copy of Atari 5200 soccer and package that as PES 2010. Then you'd hear all the "it's amazing" reviews. LOL! Some people are a riot.

Yeah, some people know how big a PES fan boy i've been on these and the other forums around for about 8 years now, but you can't really argue with how good Fifa is right now.

Fifa 08 was noticeably better than PES 2008, and it looks like Fifa is only getting better.

I want PES to step it's game up, but it doesn't seem that likely right now.

Last edited:

That 2nd opinion guy is ajoke! 6/10 for fifa 08? LOL! There will be people who, no matter how disappointed they are deep down inside with PES, will give it 9's. Deep down they are hurting but cannot let their emotions show, then they rate each PES iteration as "the best", and so on. It's quite pathetic. I played both PES 2008 and Fifa 2008 and rate PES a 6/10 and Fifa an 8.3/10. I predicted 9's for Fifa 2009 and so far, so good. There will be some who give it obvious biased reviews (ign, which I predict will give it from a 7.5 - 8.0).

Anyway, Im waiting till the day that Konami burn a copy of Atari 5200 soccer and package that as PES 2010. Then you'd hear all the "it's amazing" reviews. LOL! Some people are a riot.

i agree. these ppl would earn respect for actually telling the truth but instead they tarnish their and their mags reputations by giving this biased and propaganda rubbish. Im not a fifa or evo fan boy. I play whats the best out there and recently that has been pro, most would agree but the past 12 months there has been a universal switch by most. I switched with euro 2008 whicch im still enjoying and from everything i have gathered, fifa09 is going to be, by far the best footie game ever produced.

i suppose it just goes to show that even the proffesional games reviewers have massive different opinions to each other as well as us players so the proof will be when we get to play it ourselves. The only concern i have now is that this game cannot possibly live up to the hype now created. Im not going to expect a game without any flaws thats for sure. Hope ppl keep that in mind.

It's true - It could all feel shit when we actually play it.

But reviews like the one scanned above and what other people have been saying leaves me with good hopes :DD

Fingers crossed It is all as good as people have been saying.

As long as the flaws aint like a certain way to round the goalie or a certain angle and you will score then it should be ok

them and bad touches from defenders who control it 10 miles away from them and get robbed of the ball

It's true - It could all feel shit when we actually play it.

But reviews like the one scanned above and what other people have been saying leaves me with good hopes :DD

Fingers crossed It is all as good as people have been saying.

there is no doubt this is going to be a great game. But it wont be perfect. I can live with that. I keep thinking what it is gonna feel like when i load this bad boy up for the first time, go to team select and choose Arsenal Vs Spurs. Then see the teams walk out on the Emirates. Come on EA, release this sucker early....i dare you!

i totally agree with him that shooting sucked in 08 and getting passed defenders really was too hard, so if those 2 key points really are fixed and made him rate the game 30% higher i am absolutely confident that it will be a cracker!

there is no doubt this is going to be a great game. But it wont be perfect. I can live with that. I keep thinking what it is gonna feel like when i load this bad boy up for the first time, go to team select and choose Arsenal Vs Spurs. Then see the teams walk out on the Emirates. Come on EA, release this sucker early....i dare you!

Always my first game is Arsenal vs Spurs :DD

I can't wait!

i agree. these ppl would earn respect for actually telling the truth but instead they tarnish their and their mags reputations by giving this biased and propaganda rubbish.

I was attacked on a forum the other day for saying that critics/reviewers are biased and their opinions shouldn't be held as the be all and end all for games. :LOL:

I said that they review games with bias and in some cases have written the reviews without even playing the game - check out ign's GTA SA review with the hitch hikers and skateboards and then you have the Kane and Lynch gamespot review controversy.

But apparently I was wrong and they have more of a right to say what is great and shite - my opinion is meaningless compared to them as its their job.

Fanboys eh :LOL:

My first game is always the opposite of Bobby & Wildster :) 6 minute halves, injuries on because Spurs are too tough and Arsenal deserve it.

should be about done now, guess they based their review on a 90-95% finished version. ea focus on the key improvements first and add stuff like new kits and rosters at the end of the development stage, so the mags can test the game early (even if it is with oudated data), spread the word the game is good and still have it up to date and on time for sale.

no matter what built, it's been approved for review by ea so it has to be the final version (- the graphical and statistic updates)

well it must be good if it got a 9/10 anyways.

it's clear to me that fifa09 will be the real deal this year. not flawless, then again not many footy games are.

ie. none

i predict pro evo will get a 7.5-8.0 btw

All games should just have a Cock Out, Cock In or Trousers Twitchings rating, bin all this number malarkey. FIFA will be Cock Out, PES probably Cock In.

Back
Top Bottom