FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Thanks Placebo, your a lifesaver. ;-)

I for one will be getting both games. I want to see and play for myself if PES2009 is worth it or not. If it's not, it will go back with the rest of my trade ins.

Regarding EA, I am just sooooo thankful at their willingness to listen to their fans and make corrections. I mean, they actually heard our cry(us net freaks that is) and fixed the nets! can you beleive this! They truly won me over with this since it showed how serious and involved they are with their fans.

I really am thankful and can't wait for the Demo.

does anyone know if they've fixed the game so if you find yourself looking at an open goal a jab of the shoot button won't hoof the ball over the top of the goals 7/10 ?

I end up using the pass button most of the time to manually pass the ball into the goals but i shouldn't have to really

does anyone know if they've fixed the game so if you find yourself looking at an open goal a jab of the shoot button won't hoof the ball over the top of the goals 7/10 ?

I end up using the pass button most of the time to manually pass the ball into the goals but i shouldn't have to really
I use finesse shots for open goals, and rarely (if ever) miss them. I suppose that's realistic - you wouldn't try and smash it with your laces at the goal when there's no keeper in it, you would instead try to carefully side-foot it into the net.

For me there is no competition this year about which football game to get out of PES or FIFA - FIFA has made huge leaps and strides forward, taking advantage of the next-gen hardware while PES has had to take backward steps to make the game play like their previous games.

2 weeks until the demo :).

The problem must be your work proxy blocking these sites or something, can you tell me a site that works for you? I can upload it there :)

The solution is manual controls. Manual shooting with finesse shot and that would never happen. I play manual and have never had the problem you're talking about.

Edit: Oh and by the way, looking at that video... PES really looks shitty. It's an 4 year old PS2 game with more polygons on the models. If they don't have a new impressive engine next year, they will be more far behind FIFA than FIFA ever was to PES. And it's not like Konami doesn't have the money to invest in a new engine. That's what is so irritating, cheap fucks.

Last edited:

Pro Evo 2009 doesn't actually look quite as bad as I originally thought, but fucking hell... literally, FIFA 09 looks almost real on that Youtube video, like it's been filmed with a camera.

The actual lighting and picture quality in general is so realistic it made me notice the players move slightly robot-like compared to real life... but let's face it, we're at least two consoles from perfect life-like quality. The way the players sidestep a few paces to receive the ball, the way they position their bodies for passes and shots, absolutely perfect.

The problem must be your work proxy blocking these sites or something, can you tell me a site that works for you? I can upload it there :)

Highly unlikely since I get the same error from my home computer. That's what's puzzling. I can view the video off the direct link with no problems from home, but if I go through the mirrors I get the Error.

It's ok though and thank you for your efforts. I should be getting off work in a few anyhow.

Later tonight, I have a game of my own with my team "United FC" at 9pm eastern time at EC Lawrence Park in Fairfax VA for any of you who are in my area, feel free to drop by and watch some real skillz in action. ;-)

The solution is manual controls. Manual shooting with finesse shot and that would never happen. I play manual and have never had the problem you're talking about.

I sometimes fail (maybe 10%) empty nets when being manual because of me blatantly aiming bad. But I like this, it's my fault. Most of the time there's no problem at all.

When being in SEMI, though, I never miss. That's my experience.

I sometimes fail (maybe 10%) empty nets when being manual because of me blatantly aiming bad. But I like this, it's my fault. Most of the time there's no problem at all.

When being in SEMI, though, I never miss. That's my experience.

I agree, it's very possible to miss by aiming badly. He was talking about shooting over the empty goal even if you just tap the button and that wont happen on manual.

I would say manual controls is the best thing ever happened to a football game. If I had to choose between manual shooting/passing/cross and 360 movement I would choose manual controls every day of the week. It's the most realistic feature ever implemented imho.

I've only had one really bad miss in front of an open goal in FIFA08 and it was when the "momentum" thingy had clearly kicked in and our team was getting none of the luck. A team-mate played a perfect low cross to me and I had an open goal, aimed straight at it with finesse shot, and the ball went off at some weird angle and miles past the post. I actually laughed out loud it was so bad and I could see it coming because of the the cpu cheating that had been building up in favour of the opposition. Unfortunately, because it was a 5v5 on-line match, I guess my team mates must have thought I was utter shit.

But this is certainly no PES style crap where 80% of your finesse shots are scripted to balloon over the bar. What utter dross that game had become.

awesome vids man. i like that in fifa you can beat people with the tricks if they're well timed.

check out my pro evo5 vids btw. you'll like the joga bonito one below. ;))

awesome vids man. i like that in fifa you can beat people with the tricks if they're well timed.

check out my pro evo5 vids btw. you'll like the joga bonito one below. ;))

you got skills too you just have to transfer them to fifa now

thanks man!

i've been practicing on my xbox360 vr of Fifa08. i'll try and keep up with you guys.

maybe in fifa10 they'll have 22 v 22 so i can come off the bench :lol:

thanks for the comments. also i know that the vids looks good but i think that for fifa 09 they should reassing the left trigger for somthing else because that is one of the main reasons y people have problems timing their tricks for example if you are going at full speed and try beating some one using the legovers you have to start from way back because the left trigger slows you down so if they change that tricks would be more useful and easy

thanks for the comments. also i know that the vids looks good but i think that for fifa 09 they should reassing the left trigger for somthing else because that is one of the main reasons y people have problems timing their tricks for example if you are going at full speed and try beating some one using the legovers you have to start from way back because the left trigger slows you down so if they change that tricks would be more useful and easy

Controlls will be fully customizable in FIFA 09. :)
Besides I think most people here use New Alternative, with LB as the finessbutton.

Isn't New Analog the controls that are similar to PES? That's what I use and though most old PES players did.

Yeah I switched from PES last year and I use 'NEW' (not new alternative) Controller settings because it was the closest thing to PES. What do you guys all use?

I use whatever the FIFA default controls are, have done since Champions League 07 game so I'm pretty used to it now! :DD

Thanks again for the mirrors Placebo :WORSHIP:.

Back
Top Bottom