FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Honestly without patting myself on the back - i am one of the most unselfish players on fifa you will come across. If im 1 vs 1 with the keeper i would 9/10 times go wide and drag the keeper out and then pass to someone for an open net tap in than risk a shot and get nothing. I'll also hang back on corners on the edge of the box or on the far wing in case the ball zips past everyone and if i was in the box with a ball coming at me id try to knock the ball down with a passed header for someone to get a follow up shot than try and press shoot and header it at the goals.

Does anyone else hate getting 1 v 1 with the keepers or is that just me? For some reason i just can't stand getting 1 v 1.. if im losing 1-0 and have to score then ill take the chance and shoot but if im at 0-0 or im winning then i just cant stomach 1v1. I'd always prefer to set up a goal than score a goal. I must be mad.

You and me are the same mate! If we played together with some poor strikers wasting averything we serve them we would be just like the arsenal :ACHOO:

FIFA 98 indoor arena football was fooking great! Lets all request indoor matches for FIFA 2010.

Leipzig video was great but why is the night time lighting so crap?

they didn't tweak the contrast settings in game...

when i was at leipzig on the final day I actually tweaked those settings and the night games looked alot better! and alot more like Euro 2008 the problem is the default is not clear as day like in Euro 2008...

Finally saw that Leipzeig Vid and boy oh boy!!! what great animations and physics. Not to mention the sweet tactic sliders.

Wow! I love how the players realistically come back for the ball when they are being pressured by a defender. The game looks spookingly real. Amazing what fluid animations can do to a video game. It truly brings it to life in your very eyes.

If I have to watch one more Fifa09 Vid, I will go to a corner and cry for not being able to get my hands on it sooner than the demo launch.

I also want to take this time to say Happy Fifa09 Launch day to all of you fellow futbol sim freaks!!!

This truly is a great time to be alive for us Futbol sim gamers.

God bless all of you and especially EA for finally providing us a full packaged futbol beauty sim Gem that we've all been waiting for.

Now, excuse me while I go outside to build a monument for David Rutter.

;-)

Last edited:

FIFA 98 indoor arena football was fooking great! Lets all request indoor matches for FIFA 2010.

I would love this, 5-a-side could be excellent online too with the walls keeping play moving nice and fast.

So since all spots have already been taken on the first xbox 360 10 v 10 team, who wants to join me on the second ;-)

Videos all look great now its all about the wait for the demo. One of the only things I'm still worried about is the accuracy of one touch passing, but i guess semi-auto will fix that :)

sweetkilla said:
they didn't tweak the contrast settings in game...

when i was at leipzig on the final day I actually tweaked those settings and the night games looked alot better! and alot more like Euro 2008 the problem is the default is not clear as day like in Euro 2008...

Will that f-up the day matches?

Yeah the free trial is for one of the six supported leagues, for the whole 08/09 season.

Here is the pricing for the other leagues (quoted from FIFA Soccer Blog):

"To keep each additional league up-to-date with Live Season will cost £4.99 (around €7/$7 USD), or you can choose to keep all leagues updated for £12.99 (around €20/$20 USD)."

http://www.fifasoccerblog.com/2008/08/exclusive-fifa-09-live-season-pricing.html

Personally, just having the Premier League will be fine for me because I don't follow the foreign leagues enough to warrant me paying to have it updated weekly - the winter transfer update ala FIFA 08 will be sufficient.

Thanks for the info. Yeah I reckon I'd just have the premier league.

I wonder what happens for players stats when you play online though, concerning this?

For example, if someone has Live Season for the La Liga and you do not, does that mean their player stats will be different? Or will it be 'one' online squad for everyone, in which case, will it be updated by Live Season or will it always be the same?

If its the latter then that will be quite poor. Seeing as I mostly play online, Live Season won't mean much to me if it doesn't affect the players I use when playing online.

Will that f-up the day matches?

Don't most TVs let you set up visual profiles? Like mine has Standard/Movie/Dynamic, something else, you can set them all up to your favourite setting and it remembers, so you can just create a Day/Night profile and switch depending on what match you're playing ;)

I wonder what happens for players stats when you play online though, concerning this?

For example, if someone has Live Season for the La Liga and you do not, does that mean their player stats will be different? Or will it be 'one' online squad for everyone, in which case, will it be updated by Live Season or will it always be the same?

"Q: Can I simply reset the service and get back to the stats from the start of the season?
Yes, you can reset your squads back to the same way when you first played the game. You can decide whether you want to play with the latest form, or with the default player database: offline and online. It’s your choice each time you play.

Q: Can I play against a player that doesn’t subscribe to this service?
In online matches, a gamer with Live Season can play against a gamer who doesn’t have Live Season but only the subscriber will be able to use the data for his team."

source:
http://www.fifa09.ea.com/us/readnews/entryid/25209

strange it's only on the U.S. link.

Last edited:

damn...from the video, i've see my future-i need to get xbox now. :LOL:

Is there more excitement about 09 than there was about 08? I think so.

Well, I only really slagged off the delayed reactions, that was my only real issue.

And it does sound like that's fixed so ... happy days :DD

FIFA 09 is 100% bigger than fifa 08

we didn't know what to expect with 08 we knew it would be decent but I didn't expect it to be as good as it was I am still playing it in August that is the 1st fifa that has lasted me a full year...

and I think 09 will be way way better and from the time I spent with it I will safely say the best footie game you will be able to buy for your PS3/360 until the next FIFA release :P unless they screw up big time and do a Konami

Is there more excitement about 09 than there was about 08? I think so.

I think so, even though I know there will be 0 manager mode improvements I'm still really, really excited for the game, just have the nagging "EURO2008 is shite so don't base it on that please please" fear but hopefully that'll be laid to rest soon :)

is there any mention if in edit mode you can asign a stadium to a team as hate playing in same stadium with most teams in manager mode

The first time ever I've been more exited about the release of FIFA then PES and that's saying alot...Bye bye CONami!!!

Back
Top Bottom