FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Honestly without patting myself on the back - i am one of the most unselfish players on fifa you will come across. If im 1 vs 1 with the keeper i would 9/10 times go wide and drag the keeper out and then pass to someone for an open net tap in than risk a shot and get nothing. I'll also hang back on corners on the edge of the box or on the far wing in case the ball zips past everyone and if i was in the box with a ball coming at me id try to knock the ball down with a passed header for someone to get a follow up shot than try and press shoot and header it at the goals.

Does anyone else hate getting 1 v 1 with the keepers or is that just me? For some reason i just can't stand getting 1 v 1.. if im losing 1-0 and have to score then ill take the chance and shoot but if im at 0-0 or im winning then i just cant stomach 1v1. I'd always prefer to set up a goal than score a goal. I must be mad.

so ur a cutback king are you?

Im the same in real life

If i can take the goalie out the equation and leave my mate with a tap in then we all benefit and Fifa's no different

If im 1 on 1 with no support ill go for goal but if i do have support ill pass everytime

I just love the idea of 10 vs 10, if you have a good footballing brain this is as realistic as is gets because you play your player as you would do in real life

I don't think cutbacks will be a problem in FIFA 09, the defence seems to handle them a lot better. They were only annoying in 08 because the AI was useless and it was an exploit.

Plus playing 10v10, cutbacks shouldn't be an issue unless the defence aren't doing their jobs anyway ;))

aslong as people play as they would in a real life game, then it could potentially be the best gamng experience i could ever have

actually 5v5 is the best gaming experience i have had (with the right people) so yea 10v10 is going to blow my socks off.

just think of the build up play and potential goals, or quick counter attacking, communication on covering a man etc etc

one twos, curled through balls

midfield battles with jostle, the crunching tackles, the sliding to keep the ball from going over the line

oh and the banter

now thats what i am talking about

on the other hand, we all get the red dot or 20 people are invisible :)

In an exploiting kind of way? Against the AI on 08 i guess you'd say that because i can't help the way the defence and keeper move out of space - online it won't work that way because as soon as a defender comes to me the keeper falls back to his goals (unless they hold Triangle to force the keeper out)

Although i don't purposely try to use cutbacks to exploit myself a goal. I wont run down the wing, cut a pass back and score in the far post. What i meant is lets say ive ran from the centre circle and a through ball is played square on to the keeper - ill have to shoot 1 vs 1 there because its too much of an arse to try to hold it up for a team mate and risk being flattened from behind and no red card being shown.

If the ball is played at an angle so im running towards the corner flags ill hold the ball up and whip a cross in or chipped through ball or whatever. So basically im in the same position as if i had just ran down the wing and crossed a ball in because by that time some defenders will have ran back.

When it's 1 vs 1 online i'd class the cutbacks as an exploit as the AI doesn't know what you're trying to do and wont try to stop you so i wouldn't attempt something like that over and over - but in 10 vs 10 the other team should cover the attackers and spot it coming and block it.

In an ideal world 10 vs 10 should destroy all of the exploit goals because everyone has the chance to mark a man and stop passes being made and track players. But if 1 team have all ran up for a corner and the other team counter fast and end up with 3 vs the keeper - if they use a cutback to score then id save its just tough titties.

Although we won't be able to stop any dodgy AI keeper traits.

Anyone think 10v10 will result in 7-6 scores because people wont be able to mark properly? It's hard to mark on FIFA anyway and it'll be really hard for a whole team to mark efficiently.

In an exploiting kind of way? Against the AI on 08 i guess you'd say that because i can't help the way the defence and keeper move out of space - online it won't work that way because as soon as a defender comes to me the keeper falls back to his goals (unless they hold Triangle to force the keeper out)

Although i don't purposely try to use cutbacks to exploit myself a goal. I wont run down the wing, cut a pass back and score in the far post. What i meant is lets say ive ran from the centre circle and a through ball is played square on to the keeper - ill have to shoot 1 vs 1 there because its too much of an arse to try to hold it up for a team mate and risk being flattened from behind and no red card being shown.

If the ball is played at an angle so im running towards the corner flags ill hold the ball up and whip a cross in or chipped through ball or whatever. So basically im in the same position as if i had just ran down the wing and crossed a ball in because by that time some defenders will have ran back.

When it's 1 vs 1 online i'd class the cutbacks as an exploit as the AI doesn't know what you're trying to do and wont try to stop you so i wouldn't attempt something like that over and over - but in 10 vs 10 the other team should cover the attackers and spot it coming and block it.

In an ideal world 10 vs 10 should destroy all of the exploit goals because everyone has the chance to mark a man and stop passes being made and track players. But if 1 team have all ran up for a corner and the other team counter fast and end up with 3 vs the keeper - if they use a cutback to score then id save its just tough titties.

Although we won't be able to stop any dodgy AI keeper traits.

hey i was only kidding anyway! nothing wrong with the odd cutback. Its just some players abuse it to the point that thats all they do and it ruins the games for me. Id rather lose 5-0 to a player who plays football then 1-0 to a player who uses Henry to run down the wings and cutback all the bloody time.

has anybody else noticed how over at pesfan the pro players have lost there sense of humour. Just been threatened by a referee who said they was gonna ban my account just coz i rubbished their breaking news of ad boards seen at white hart lane.

can i just tsay the set of screenshots on FSB just posted look awesome. Absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

Anyone think 10v10 will result in 7-6 scores because people wont be able to mark properly? It's hard to mark on FIFA anyway and it'll be really hard for a whole team to mark efficiently.

In Fifa 08 defending was hard because off the shitty sluggish responses. You just couldn't maneuver your players quick enough and player were past you through no fault of your own

If they have sorted that out like they said then playing in defence will be great

If ppl are sensible and dnt go goal hunting at ever single time the team has the ball, Thats why i like playing CM just chilling at the center circle

Ppl pls get HEADSETS, communication is key

Thats y xbl is killing psn, everyone has a headset

I remembered today something that happened 2 years ago and that I really think shows much of what have happened with fifa and pes.

I remember that a bunch of japanese PES programmers were signed by FIFA. They were the team working on ball physics and positional work as I remember.

Now my theory: these programmers were quite good doing their job and as Konami wasn't paying enough (because konami has never had the urge to invest very much in this game, and I can't understand why...) and they didn't find good replacements. That's why physics in PES have been going downwards. On the other side of the coin, FIFA was alreadxy developing its new engine for FIFA 07 and these programmers surely helped raise the level and put all his expertise and experience to the game.

I remember how at the time a lot of forum members (me included) thought that the genius was seabass and fifa was desperate to emulate pes but they wouldn't achieve it because seabass was that "miracle" man delivering magic every year...

Maybe it's all too far fetched (is that correct in english?) by me, but I think it was a symptom of what was going to happen in next-gen.

Do any of you remember about it?

That will never happen, Sony and microsoft will have to work together for that to happen

And that will never happen too
a pitty really. why cant EA take responsibility and create there games so that u need to login to there system and use there servers etc to play the game. that way 360 and ps3 users could play together avoiding psn/LIVE:DD

I remembered today something that happened 2 years ago and that I really think shows much of what have happened with fifa and pes.

I remember that a bunch of japanese PES programmers were signed by FIFA. They were the team working on ball physics and positional work as I remember.

Now my theory: these programmers were quite good doing their job and as Konami wasn't paying enough (because konami has never had the urge to invest very much in this game, and I can't understand why...) and they didn't find good replacements. That's why physics in PES have been going downwards. On the other side of the coin, FIFA was alreadxy developing its new engine for FIFA 07 and these programmers surely helped raise the level and put all his expertise and experience to the game.

I remember how at the time a lot of forum members (me included) thought that the genius was seabass and fifa was desperate to emulate pes but they wouldn't achieve it because seabass was that "miracle" man delivering magic every year...

Maybe it's all too far fetched (is that correct in english?) by me, but I think it was a symptom of what was going to happen in next-gen.

Do any of you remember about it?
nope but to me seabass is not the brains behind the game. its the programmers.

Hmmm nothing on any manager changes or additions?

The video did look very tasty, though I just can't see the "Premium" Kerrching... form thing working, it has no relevance to your games? If your striker in game is banging goals in he only has to have a form dip in real life and the very next game after scoring a double hatrick his form could drop! Not to mention how much it will be costing to do...

i would like to see that being proven if ps3 users can play againts the 360 users:w00t:

yo jonney I think he means that live is killing psn because everyone can talk to eachother psn does have a tendency to be quiet . it would be nice to call for a pass instead of hoping the other player can see your in a good position if you see what i mean.

I play Euro with my bluetooth headset twice a week, and it works great. My main problems concern connection to EA Servers and times were it's almost impossible to connect to someone, being the responsability held by EA, PSN or my phone supplier, which is Telefonica Spain and it's shitty (I do get an ammount of DNF because once every two hours my connection is reseted).

yo jonney I think he means that live is killing psn because everyone can talk to eachother psn does have a tendency to be quiet . it would be nice to call for a pass instead of hoping the other player can see your in a good position if you see what i mean.

I can hear it now nine simultaneous cries of "pass you greedy wanker"... :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom