FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Im quite frankly appauled I wasn't included in that team ;)) Nah, im jokin of course. I might just get a few other lads together who Im good mate with whenever they fancy like putting up with me

Definately will be with yourself Stu ;)

Me, you, Bitter, Becanes play some nice attractive football, none of the this exploit crap. Would like like-wise minded players to join. (This means no "chip thru ball whores", you know who you are ;))

cool!

Not sure if you've already mentioned this but did you get any sense of different players having a different feel? It's a complaint regularly and legitimately aimed at FIFA that there's little difference in feel between Ronaldo and Rochdale's CB. Any improvements in 09?

The vids don't appear to show much, but you don't get the "feel" from vids. Also, the vids look like every player still controls the ball perfectly first time and they all knock it exactly the same distance in front of themselves when running with it, and are all perfect passers (except on manual passing, of course).

Gotta agree that from a distance, it does look like real football, so much better than PES09, which looks like PES always has.

The build I played was earlier than the Leipzig one and I can already see improvements in the new videos such as response times and the game also looking sharpy in all area's. It was a big improvement from 08 for me in the build, When certain players had the ball etc or passed it you could sense a difference there with stats making a difference, it wasnt on PES level but its something which has been improved and they might have touched it up for the Leipzig builds aswell.

I love the look of the tactical side.

I'm going to be pausing every five minutes to make changes, that's the only thing... It's going to be like Football Manager - concede a goal, move the defence/attack slider up and create more space, score a goal, move it back and get your defenders lining up inside the box... Experimenting with the new improved player arrows sweetkilla described (e.g. get your DMs covering the space your wing-backs leave behind)... And on top of all that, I love the idea of switching the game on the day after Match of the Day is on and playing with updated stats online.

It's just so exciting.

Last edited:

I'm going to be pausing every five minutes to make changes, that's the only thing... It's going to be like Football Manager - concede a goal, move the defence/attack slider up and create more space, score a goal, move it back and get your defenders lining up inside the box... Experimenting with the new improved player arrows sweetkilla described (e.g. get your DMs covering the space your wing-backs leave behind)... And on top of all that, I love the idea of switching the game on the day after Match of the Day is on and playing with updated stats online.

It's just so exciting.

Exactly, I cant wait to open a "FIFA Custom Formations" thread when the game hits so we can post the right settings for each team to play the way they do in real life and also discussing ways to improve it with others. Will be like the PES editing days :)) The more i see that "Adidas Season" thing the more i think il probably end up getting it.

Exactly, I cant wait to open a "FIFA Custom Formations" thread when the game hits so we can post the right settings for each team to play the way they do in real life and also discussing ways to improve it with others. Will be like the PES editing days :)) The more i see that "Adidas Season" thing the more i think il probably end up getting it.

i just hope its implemented properly so it actually matters EDIT, i just watched the vid, looks like pressure should work

Last edited:

that was quite a jumble of user names in that 10v10 shot.

nevermind: that was only after the goal was scored :whew:

Last edited:

in the 2nd vid check when the ball hits the net from a rebound on 14secs.

the question of nets has been put to bed for me there. in the old game it would have popped around and twitched.
so awesome.
Great spot! The nets look awesome, the ripple is so realistic! Although he's a cunt, I can't wait to see a Ronaldo free kick fly into the net at Old Trafford on FIFA 09 :)).

It's just so exciting.

What I did for PES was assign two formations to the tactics buttons (one all out attack and one all out defense) with the other two assign for pressure/mentality. Worked really well and was great to use when going up 1-0 and trying to hang on in the second half.

Exactly, I cant wait to open a "FIFA Custom Formations" thread when the game hits so we can post the right settings for each team to play the way they do in real life and also discussing ways to improve it with others. Will be like the PES editing days :))

That's true, It'll definately be good getting all of the teams to play the correct style :TU:

That's true, It'll definately be good getting all of the teams to play the correct style :TU:

If it's implemented correctly it will definitely change the single player experience as well, can't wait to try this thing!

The presentation looks great especially Im impressed with the volleys and the ball physics.

I just wanted to let you know that when I played the game at Leipzig I made a lovely pass with the outside of my foot between two defenders and the curl of the ball just lead it to my teammate (like you see in the video). Looked absolutely amaazing.

The G4 video was quality, the reactions LOOK a lot better! It was also interesting to see in BAP Seasons, it looks like you can transfer teams. I was also impressed with the defenders throwing themselves in front of the ball.

Game's looking excellent so far :TU:

The presentation looks great especially Im impressed with the volleys and the ball physics.

I just wanted to let you know that when I played the game at Leipzig I made a lovely pass with the outside of my foot between two defenders and the curl of the ball just lead it to my teammate (like you see in the video). Looked absolutely amaazing.

Does it do the curl passing automatically or can you control it with button combo. ?

how do you add the curl or is it just random

Placebo on the ball as always! (no pun intended) thanks!

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=puns :brick:

:LOL::LOL:

from the page:

no_pun3.gif

:LOL::LOL:

Last edited:

Oh my!!!! That was the best video to date. The volley at 5:02 and the Essien goal at 6:17 was absolutely orgasmic!! The ball physics look awesome.

Okay need to go bathroom now.

Back
Top Bottom