FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

your user name should come up on the screen when you play an online game in fifa it is usually on the bottom right corner next to your avatar or try playing be pro online you should see you user name there.

I play attacking mid or striker. getting the PS3 version this year. i normally get the 360 version so i hope they don't disappoint me with the PS3 version this year...

Can't remember if sweetkilla got to play both versions. I know he played the ps3 version but didn't see any mention of jaggies or slowdown. Thats probably the only reason for me to not get the ps3 version. I'll have a look at the demo and decide.

i really cant wait for this i hope the demo lets you play 10 vs 10 and please give us a 2 player arena

sweetkilla,
i thought that 'shielding' was reworked for the X360 & PS3, or was it just for last-gen?
if so, did you try it at G|C?

sweetkilla,
i thought that 'shielding' was reworked for the X360 & PS3, or was it just for last-gen?
if so, did you try it at G|C?

I'd like to know about this, too.

Can you now move with the ball or spin when shielding a player rather than just standing on the spot?

set what up? set up a solution to dealing with the lag online?
:lmao:
workmen-1.jpg

Not surprisingly, most people want to play 10v10 as midfield or attacker, so perhaps the best thing to do is form more than one PS3 team.

The front 6 positions will quickly be snapped up and the entire back 4 can perhaps be operated by one person going ANY (assuming that option is still available). I actually don't mind that role so long as I'm the sole person as ANY as you can defend properly knowing you are in control. To make it more interesting for them, that person could also be captain, so can control tactics, substitutions, etc.....they'll get to use the new sliders, etc :).

Getting 10v10 people together regularly I would thought highly unlikely, but there's slightly more chance with 7v7.

I still reckon 2v2 (with all 4 as ANY) will be the best fun.

Not surprisingly, most people want to play 10v10 as midfield or attacker, so perhaps the best thing to do is form more than one PS3 team.

The front 6 positions will quickly be snapped up and the entire back 4 can perhaps be operated by one person going ANY (assuming that option is still available). I actually don't mind that role so long as I'm the sole person as ANY as you can defend properly knowing you are in control. To make it more interesting for them, that person could also be captain, so can control tactics, substitutions, etc.....they'll get to use the new sliders, etc :).

Getting 10v10 people together regularly I would thought highly unlikely, but there's slightly more chance with 7v7.

I still reckon 2v2 (with all 4 as ANY) will be the best fun.
Well i wana be a CM or a striker :)

i can play right back too! supporting a decent attack with runs like micah richards! :D

We could always partner up and rotate between ourselves so a CM would swap with a CB and the wingers with the LB/RB if needed. Sure you don't get as much practise in 1 position but it's all fun.

Unless this is for some clan style league?

I don't mind going full-backs but I reckon I'd be crap at CB.

(Waiting for a wise-crack from Tim or Coopz about being crap wherever I play) ;))

interesting... look at the first shot. It keeps rising and is not a lob like shot as in 08. That's nice to see. One should be able to do some Riise like shots in 09.

Cheers i wondered when this site was going to have them up was looking at it during Leipzig but nothing. :))

What i noticed, and see if anyone else saw, was that it appears to be a lot less on "rails" as we say it. I watch the passes go astray, and the guy suppose to be receiving it appears to make his own path to the ball, and is not stuck in a single animation. I hope its true. I cant wait to play it.

whoa.

from that distance the game looks real!

what was that achievement for? shit goalkeeping? :lol:

Last edited:

shooting is a major improvement I am sure you guys will love it.

thanks for the vids dawolf

cool!

Not sure if you've already mentioned this but did you get any sense of different players having a different feel? It's a complaint regularly and legitimately aimed at FIFA that there's little difference in feel between Ronaldo and Rochdale's CB. Any improvements in 09?

The vids don't appear to show much, but you don't get the "feel" from vids. Also, the vids look like every player still controls the ball perfectly first time and they all knock it exactly the same distance in front of themselves when running with it, and are all perfect passers (except on manual passing, of course).

Gotta agree that from a distance, it does look like real football, so much better than PES09, which looks like PES always has.

in the 2nd vid check when the ball hits the net from a rebound on 14secs.

the question of nets has been put to bed for me there. in the old game it would have popped around and twitched.
so awesome.

The shooting does look much improved - we should be able to score some scorchers this year - and the nets are looking surprisingly good.:applause:

On a side note, I noticed some official French Ligue 1 numbers on the back of the players shirt in that first video. I could not quite make out the player name, but it leaves me hopeful that the shirt fonts/numbers situation has been improved. All the French Ligue 1 teams use the same font like the Premier League.

Back
Top Bottom