FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

it was hard to get a pass off quick in fifa 08 due to response times. it's better tihis time though.

in the vid i just posted i like the dude at the end. he reminded me of that fifa with Blur's song 2 in it. i think i only bought it cause it had song 2 in it... oh for the simple days again. "WOO HOO". :D

he reminded me of that fifa with Blur's song 2 in it. i think i only bought it cause it had song 2 in it... oh for the simple days again. "WOO HOO". :D

I can remember the first time I watched the intro video with this song and the flags of the different countries zooming and blurring in. It was awesome by then...

fifa 98 i think? that's when i started with this series, it was brilliant for it's time

I can remember the first time I watched the intro video with this song and the flags of the different countries zooming and blurring in. It was awesome by then...
Yeah, FIFA 98, awesome game! I think it was the last good FIFA game before FIFA 08, the indoor pitch was so much fun! That needs to be reintroduced into a football game :)).

Having watched some of the recent videos, this game seems even better than I thought it was before! The custom team tactics look great - I can imagine myself pausing every few minutes to tweak them until I find the ones which perfectly suit me and/or the team I play as and then saving them to use online.

Can't wait, the days until the 11th are going to go very slowly :(.

Last edited by a moderator:

you remember the robbie williams intro fifa? which one was that? "baby it's alright. baby it's aaaariiight, it's only uuuuus". i think sol campbell was on the cover in an england kit.

*cough* judas *cough* :D

anyways, i think the g4 and making of vids i've seen today have confirmed it for me. fifa will be my game of choice ahead of that other one for this year. maybe the other surprises with a deep edit mode? i dunno. but 09 this year has really gone a long way to get in my good books with the tactics and responsiveness and the bigger selection of shots.

well done rutter and friends.

my final verdict will come when i lay my hands on the demo on September 11th.

you remember the robbie williams intro fifa? which one was that? "baby it's alright. baby it's aaaariiight, it's only uuuuus". i think sol campbell was on the cover in an england kit.

*cough* judas *cough* :D
FIFA 2000 :DD I still have the PC version of that in the CD rack next to me (along with loads of other old games).

I enjoyed that one, but looking back at it now it was rubbish :-pp I was only 8 when I played it though, and didn't care if a game was too easy or completely unrealistic like I do now.

Oh and also, this is my favorite FIFA video of all time:

[youtube]yHmoTrCrdG4[/youtube]

Raul v Materazzi in training mode :).

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah I really liked 98, fond memories.

Anyone remember the 96 intro? Was amazed when I first saw that, flying around and in a generic Wembley, as well as flying through the EA logo. :D

First time I've properly ventured into this thread. Looks like it was great timing :) after watching that Leizpig video, I am seriously excited for Fifa 09!

Bring on the demo!

I'm mad hyped for Fifa. It wont be perfect but the game looks nice and at least they are trying to bring some new things to the table.

Quick question concerning the Fifa Live season. RE the free trial the guy mentions in the video, is that for one league?

So you get a free trial for a league of your choice and then you have to pay for others, that right?

I wonder if it will be a one off fee per league or a subscription?

Quick question concerning the Fifa Live season. RE the free trial the guy mentions in the video, is that for one league?

So you get a free trial for a league of your choice and then you have to pay for others, that right?

I wonder if it will be a one off fee per league or a subscription?
Yeah the free trial is for one of the six supported leagues, for the whole 08/09 season.

Here is the pricing for the other leagues (quoted from FIFA Soccer Blog):

"To keep each additional league up-to-date with Live Season will cost £4.99 (around €7/$7 USD), or you can choose to keep all leagues updated for £12.99 (around €20/$20 USD)."

http://www.fifasoccerblog.com/2008/08/exclusive-fifa-09-live-season-pricing.html

Personally, just having the Premier League will be fine for me because I don't follow the foreign leagues enough to warrant me paying to have it updated weekly - the winter transfer update ala FIFA 08 will be sufficient.

david rutter is a legend! just seen the leipzig vid and i'm really impressed with fifa 09....this should be a truly great game

totally forgot about this, brilliant intro song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WryFTIkz1WU

:DANCE:

ea are the masters of product placement and advertising! they allways pick out songs you can listen over and over, fit in with football and a video game and cover a wide range of listeners. and i allways enjoy their soundtracks, that's for sure.

Last edited:

LOL, i remember 94'. that was quality. a nice distraction from ISS deluxe... for 5minutes :D

this thread is awesome :lol:

i thin it's cause most of our fears are alleviated with fifa 09 for now... until we get it in our hands and find the hidden faults :)

Back
Top Bottom