FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

New Alternative, I got used to the default controls too :))

New analog, here, but most important, all MANUAL (though I sometimes, depending on the mood, play semi for shooting or passing).

That video looked class though the shooting seemed to be Auto most of the times. The tricks were really nice!

44 players on the pitch? :w00t:

Let's wait for the 20.000 vs 20.000 mode in BE A SPECTATOR. Do FINESSE SCARF moves while pressing R1, trigger buttons and right analog for TRICKY CHANTS, use the motion sensor to control your position from standing to getting up. And push triangle to eat frankfurt.

The good thing is that all 40.000 spectators would be watching our PS3 Evoweb BE A PRO team demolishing the X360 Evoweb one. I am the DMF and score all of the goals. But the game is totally annoying when all the spectators begin to pause the game for no reason.

End of story.

Let's wait for the 20.000 vs 20.000 mode in BE A SPECTATOR. Do FINESSE SCARF moves while pressing R1, trigger buttons and right analog for TRICKY CHANTS, use the motion sensor to control your position from standing to getting up. And push triangle to eat frankfurt.

The good thing is that all 40.000 spectators would be watching our PS3 Evoweb BE A PRO team demolishing the X360 Evoweb one. I am the DMF and score all of the goals. But the game is totally annoying when all the spectators begin to pause the game for no reason.

End of story.

Half time mini games as well

Urinal mode where you use your motion controls to direct the stream - hit the floater someone left for you for double points - you lose points for pissing on the seat but gain double if you choose to have the seat down and miss it.

End of story.

:LOL:

End of story.

Brilliant :LOL:

I remember in an interview they were talking about giving people the possibility of being the commentators...i think i'd like that, who doesn't want to be a footie commentator? getting paid to travel, talk the same bs all the time and watch games for fre!!!!!!!!!

Well too bad you can't drink too much...

Does anyone here get the Playstation Official Magazine UK? I've been told they have reviewed FIFA 09 and given it 9/10 but I'm not in a postion to verify this so if any can that would be great. Thanks.

Does anyone here get the Playstation Official Magazine UK? I've been told they have reviewed FIFA 09 and given it 9/10 but I'm not in a postion to verify this so if any can that would be great. Thanks.

85231_1.jpg

85231_2.jpg

85231_3.jpg

85231_4.jpg

85231_5.jpg

evening all. i really dont care what rating it gets. as long as i enjoy the game it wont matter what they say but 9/10 is pretty good though.10/10 games are very rare.

wish i could play this now :S.

i hope they fix the bap online because fifa's 08 BAP is messed up!

im interested in joining a team from evo-web for xbox 360. i play LAM or LW
you can see my videos to see ho i play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmCkI68zzlk&feature=related

awesome vids man. i like that in fifa you can beat people with the tricks if they're well timed.

check out my pro evo5 vids btw. you'll like the joga bonito one below. ;))

The tricks in Fifa look unbelievably real if you can master them like evogerman has

I need to start practising, i already no where im goin wrong as you mentioned its because im running at full pelt trying to do them. Well that and the fact i cant remember the combos :LOL:

Oh yeah now we have 10 vs 10 and maybe 11 vs 11 next year how about we add a ref mode?

1 guy is the ref on the headset and blows for fouls by pressing A and gives cards and warning with other assigned buttons

i would love to see a bad foul and tell the guy over the mic "right any more of that and you'll be taking an early shower" and him giving me grief so i send him off :))

after thats a success we can add Linos as well :LOL:

I genuinely think being able to commentate would be fantastic. Imagine scoring an amazing goal and hearing a real person belt out emotion rather than a recording you've heard ten times before. I'd commentate all the time, it would be like watching Match of the Day every night.

You'd get some great moments as well, especially if you could rope Ron Atkinson into getting an Xbox 360. "On another night, they'd have won 2-2."

I genuinely think being able to commentate would be fantastic. Imagine scoring an amazing goal and hearing a real person belt out emotion rather than a recording you've heard ten times before. I'd commentate all the time, it would be like watching Match of the Day every night.

You'd get some great moments as well, especially if you could rope Ron Atkinson into getting an Xbox 360. "On another night, they'd have won 2-2."

Followed by "NOW THATS WHAT YOU CALL A LAZY F**** N*****"

Followed by Ron Atkinsons xbox live membership has been banned.

What the fuck is that Ben Wilson on about - 6/10 for fifa 08 and fifa 09 still can't beat PES?

Fucking blind fanboy - i have no doubt in my mind he only plays PES and gives it praise because he wanted to be one of the in crowd years ago when PES was king and he's too stubborn and stupid to try fifa and realise PES went backwards last year.

good review. can't wait

Not read it all yet read last page i see he was one who slated Fifa 08 last year and gave it 6/10 yet he still says that it dosnt beat PES despite 9/10 score.

This annoys me but each to there own i guess.

What the fuck is that Ben Wilson on about - 6/10 for fifa 08 and fifa 09 still can't beat PES?

Fucking blind fanboy - i have no doubt in my mind he only plays PES and gives it praise because he wanted to be one of the in crowd years ago when PES was king and he's too stubborn and stupid to try fifa and realise PES went backwards last year.

you just have to ignore people like that i have a friend who's a pes nut we played a gamed of fifa at my house and i could see that he clearly enjoyed but he turned around and said that pro evo is more life like than fifa saying that fifa players don't run properly and run too slow ie the pace of the game is unrealistic. I happened to have another friend with me who play football for our local side who told this guy that from footballers perspective fifa was more realistic but he wouldn't listen. to me that is true definition of a fanboy depriving himself of a quality gaming experience because of close mindedness oh well.

Seems people will just never let PES go despite its major flaws now imo all that PES has left going for it is player likeness and Fifa has done quite abit to improve.

In every other gameplay area Fifa just trounces on PES and this includes all i seen of Fifa 09.

PES needs new engine or it will be left behind simple as MGS has a new engine for next gen its time for PES.

i think japanese people dont mind pro evo they just find a way to get round its flaws i remember when i was younger and used to go to the arcade you would see that they learn the game /fruit machine inside out to the point where it was like a science they could walk in with 50p an walk out with 500 or complete streetfighter/vurtua striker with 50p and beat every one who challenged them at the same time. I just think they learn all the flaws in the game and naturally learn how to compensate/get round them

sorry for being long winded today.

Great review but it looks like EA Sports League is most likely not in FIFA 09 this year.

i think japanese people dont mind pro evo they just find a way to get round its flaws i remember when i was younger and used to go to the arcade you would see that they learn the game /fruit machine inside out to the point where it was like a science they could walk in with 50p an walk out with 500 or complete streetfighter/vurtua striker with 50p and beat every one who challenged them at the same time. I just think they learn all the flaws in the game and naturally learn how to compensate/get round them

sorry for being long winded today.

Do you remember the machines at the arcades that were horses races with little figures of horses and jockeys... it used to say 'place your bets nooowwww' and you'd put money on your horse. The more you bet the more you'd win.

My uncle had a pub that had one of those and he knew the order for the horses so if we were ever out at somewhere like blackpool with them and spotted one he'd watch it until he recognised the pattern and then would grab me and tell me to put a quid on blue, then yellow and then yellow again and a few minutes later id have pockets full of money.

ON topic... I hope next year they evolve BAP online again and let us photo our own faces into the game and take ourselves online. I think that would be great fun watching yourself run around on the pitch.

I don't know why they didnt do it this year cos I think every easports game has this feature now. Even facebreaker has it but there has been so much improvement in fifa this year that I'm willing to let it slide but yeh definately next year i hope it's in seeing as there won't be a champions league game.

Back
Top Bottom